Merged: DC significant limp | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DC significant limp

I still don't see a noticable limp!

granted maybe he won't be 100% but he still looks pretty smooth to me.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Please adhere to this warning, dispute the posts, and don't make this personal, or points will be issued!:wink:

Understood. I thought I addressed this in my rebuttal to him, though? I was attacking him...I was questioning his take.

buffalofanatic said:
That is true, but also watch him when he goes back to throw. Watch he favors the leg. It's there...I can't make this up.

ok I looked at some other tape on him. His longer drops it does look a little labored but all and all with 3 months to the season, I'm pretty optimistic.

Should I not be?

buffalofanatic said:
Understood. I thought I addressed this in my rebuttal to him, though? I was attacking him...I was questioning his take.

Sorry, that should of read..."I wasn't attacking him"...oops!

buffalofanatic said:
That is true, but also watch him when he goes back to throw. Watch he favors the leg. It's there...I can't make this up.

Of course he is favoring it, he has a heavy knee brace on and he most likely wants to favor it because it is early in his recovery and doesn't want to risk re-injury during the second week of June.

This is not news.

byroan said:
I watched it. Over 10 times now. How do you run 40 yards downfield with a significant limp?
I hadn't seen that clip before. I had seen some others of him doing basic handoffs and roll-outs. In those, it was very obvious to me that he had a slight limp. In the clip that you linked, he appeared that he might have had a little step in his "giddy-up" when he was coming through the hole. But, once he got up to speed, he seemed pretty fluid.

Now, with all that said ... I can also tell you from experience that in the short term, it can be all mental. In other words, he's had a limp for so long that it's hard to get your mind to adjust to not having to limp, especially if you're wearing a brace to remind you of it -- if that makes any sense. So, even if he did have a limp, not only could it be due in large part to having to wear the brace, it could also be a mental thing telling him that he needs to compensate for it. Of course, this is all conjecture as we don't know exactly how he feels.

Lappy said:
ok I looked at some other tape on him. His longer drops it does look a little labored but all and all with 3 months to the season, I'm pretty optimistic.

Should I not be?

Optimistic, of course. His recovery is well ahead of schedule. The man is being cautious for reasons I outlined in a previous post.

Lappy said:

Should I not be?

No, you should be...just don't surprised if you get to the opener and he's not there. I went through the same thing when I wanted McGahee to play. However, maybe because Culpepper doesn't have to move as much because he plays QB, he'll be there. However, last time I checked, he was a pretty mobile QB and that aspect of his game might be hindered the most, at least early on.

This is a great debate but if you don't think a guy with this kind of injury isn't goin' to show some kinda of gimp he's SUPERMAN. DC will be fine, he is on track and if anything he's doing a little too much, but NC will keep him on track. BRING ON THE STEELERS!

chuckcole said:
I hadn't seen that clip before. I had seen some others of him doing basic handoffs and roll-outs. In those, it was very obvious to me that he had a slight limp. In the clip that you linked, he appeared that he might have had a little step in his "giddy-up" when he was coming through the hole. But, once he got up to speed, he seemed pretty fluid.

Now, with all that said ... I can also tell you from experience that in the short term, it can be all mental. In other words, he's had a limp for so long that it's hard to get your mind to adjust to not having to limp, especially if you're wearing a brace to remind you of it -- if that makes any sense. So, even if he did have a limp, not only could it be due in large part to having to wear the brace, it could also be a mental thing telling him that he needs to compensate for it. Of course, this is all conjecture as we don't know exactly how he feels.

Good points. Even when McGahee came back, he still looked like he had a hitch in his gate. You may be right, it may be mental.

buffalofanatic said:
No, you should be...just don't surprised if you get to the opener and he's not there. I went through the same thing when I wanted McGahee to play. However, maybe because Culpepper doesn't have to move as much because he plays QB, he'll be there. However, last time I checked, he was a pretty mobile QB and that aspect of his game might be hindered the most, at least early on.

I can agree with that.

I personally don't have any expectations at this point but I will say that I would assume with his productivity to this point I have to think he'll be the same old Daunte in due time.

FiN.in.RI said:
Optimistic, of course. His recovery is well ahead of schedule. The man is being cautious for reasons I outlined in a previous post.

I agree with your previous post, there is every reason in the world for him to take it easy.

I think that he looks pretty smooth even with that brace on.

buffalofanatic said:
Good points. Even when McGahee came back, he still looked like he had a hitch in his gate. You may be right, it may be mental.
I hope so. :wink:

Daunte's main focus is dropping back, rolling out and stepping up into his leg to throw the football.

Willis has to keep his body low at all times thereby putting instant extra pressure on his knees in addition to getting tackled on by his legs on almost every play.

You can't compare the speed of recovery between two different football players who play two drastically different positions.

Back
Top Bottom