Merged: DC significant limp | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DC significant limp

Lappy said:
I can agree with that.

I personally don't have any expectations at this point but I will say that I would assume with his productivity to this point I have to think he'll be the same old Daunte in due time.

I agree. From what I've seen, it looks like he is on his way, but who knows how long it takes to get back to where he was. As was stated by another poster, the toughest part for him might be the mental aspect of the injury. What will he do when somebody is close to him in the pocket and is about to take a shot at him? Will he get happy feet?

McGahee had to be able to burst through a hole at full speed and be able to make cuts along with juke moves. If Culpepper is taking off, it will be an opening and he'll slide or go out of bounds. If he were to re-injure his knee, it would be because someone hit him like Minter did last season, not because he came back too soon.

buffalofanatic said:
I agree. From what I've seen, it looks like he is on his way, but who knows how long it takes to get back to where he was. As was stated by another poster, the toughest part for him might be the mental aspect of the injury. What will he do when somebody is close to him in the pocket and is about to take a shot at him? Will he get happy feet?

you want me to say he'll throw a pick.......don't you????? :wink:

That's the part of the game we'll have to wait and see. I think that's a concern for every QB though.

One thing I like about Daunte is his size. I think it ways less in his mind than smaller QB's.

FiN.in.RI said:
Daunte's main focus is dropping back, rolling out and stepping up into his leg to throw the football.

Willis has to keep his body low at all times thereby putting instant extra pressure on his knees in addition to getting tackled on by his legs on almost every play.

You can't compare the speed of recovery between two different football players who play two drastically different positions.

I agree & disagree. I'm thinking that the mental part of Culpepper's recovery will be the toughest. Will he be confident enough to take off when nobody is open? That is a huge part of his game. Will he sit back there when the pocket collapses? I mean, who knows, but it makes for good debating!

Lappy said:
you want me to say he'll throw a pick.......don't you????? :wink:

That's the part of the game we'll have to wait and see. I think that's a concern for every QB though.

One thing I like about Daunte is his size. I think it ways less in his mind than smaller QB's.

Umm, yes...especially when he plays the Bills! :wink:

byroan said:
:lol: I'm wrong? Have you ever tried to walk let alone run in a knee brace? Culpepper looked great which means you're in denial.

I haven't seen you post in a long time. I wonder why? Here's a nice post from you from before last season.

Looks like you're the one who is wrong.
:dolphins: u smoked him

Ark139954 said:
:dolphins: u smoked him

Yeah, but I was probably a little harsh. Hope he didn't take it personally.

buffalofanatic said:
Umm, yes...especially when he plays the Bills! :wink:

hahahaha

You boys do need all the help you can get! :D

Seriously, I see your point and I hope you're dead wrong. :D I believe that there has to be some mental part of his comeback but I also believe all it takes is that one scramble or that one hit......and he forgets all about it and just plays ball.

buffalofanatic said:
I agree & disagree. I'm thinking that the mental part of Culpepper's recovery will be the toughest. Will he be confident enough to take off when nobody is open? That is a huge part of his game. Will he sit back there when the pocket collapses? I mean, who knows, but it makes for good debating!

Why wouldn't he be confident enough?

I don't see how the thought of running in the open field toward the sideline, running away from defenders (not through them) would weaken his confidence at all.

One Limp or Two?

caliVIAmia said:
"You can see that he had a significant limp when running, dropping back and even walking. I hope he is not rushed back in."
Dan Marino limped the rest of his career after his achilles injury. I too hope they don't push Duante but it's really probably just a big fat brace that's causing the problem. A lot of QB's with a brace on "limp".

byroan said:
Yeah, but I was probably a little harsh. Hope he didn't take it personally.

I have to admit...you got me on that one. However, I'm hearing the same thing from Dolphin fans, so be careful what you say...for nobody knows what the NFL season has in store. That is why I find it amusing that so many people get worked up about offseason predictions. They are meaningless. I, for one, can prove that! :wink:

Umm..It's June.

It's not like we play the Steelers next week. If that was the case how worried do you think their fans would be considering the condition Big Ben is in?

I was not one to expect DC to be ready for the season opener. If he is, it's a bonus.

Dubfire said:
Umm..It's June.

It's not like we play the Steelers next week. If that was the case how worried do you think their dans would be considering the condition Big Ben is in?

I was not one to expect DC to be ready for the season opener. If he is, it's a bonus.

Excellent post. Hey, if I was a Phin fan, I would be praying that Joey doesn't have to take the field. He is one of the busts of the draft that included Mike Williams...yeah, that was a great pick for the Bills...uggh!

Born to be Wild.

Barring injury from this point on in, I think Daunte will start Game One. I'd be more worried about Ben "Easy Rider" getting back on his horse again.

I would guess that his lateral movements may be a little awkward but I dont think he will do much of that.

INfins was there I trust his opinion .For the first time I am coming around to the idea that CPep may start against Pittsburgh.

Back
Top Bottom