Merged: Deflategate report | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Deflategate report

absolutely...and i bet if they dug further they'd see this practice has been going on for some time...i hope they did...throw the book at these mo fos

It's been going on since the new rule was installed.

someone did a pretty detailed study, since the rule change, every team basically overtime has the same fumble rate.

The patriots on the other hand are so far away from the average there is no way it's a coincidence. As I already mentioned, it was Brady who asked for the rule.

They even compared running backs who played for the patriots compared to when they didn't, all of there fumble rates shot up once they left new England, or before they played for new England.

the report is not definitive, I wouldn't get hopes up w/ big punishment.

It is definitive. Ted Wells just told Roger Goodell, definitively, that he believes that the Patriots cheated. He told Roger Goodell that he believes that the Patriots SPECIFICALLY cheated in a SPECIFIC manner, and that Tom Brady was aware of it:

“For the reasons described in this Report, and after a comprehensive investigation, we have concluded that, in connection with the AFC Championship Game, it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules,” Wells concluded. “In particular, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally [the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots] and John Jastremski [an equipment assistant for the Patriots] participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee.

“Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady [the quarterback for the Patriots] was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.”

I don't know if the proof here would meet the burden for a criminal trial, but it would certainly exceed the burden needed for a civil trial. The Patriots got caught and they will be punished.

whether they do hit them hard or not those super bowl trophies and brady accomplishments are forever tarnished...same for belichick and kraft...all tarnished

so whatever...but it's still integrity of the league...so should be hit with severe punishment

someone did a pretty detailed study, since the rule change, every team basically overtime has the same fumble rate.

The patriots on the other hand are so far away from the average there is no way it's a coincidence. As I already mentioned, it was Brady who asked for the rule.

Ya, that fumble study was the most eye-opening part of it. That is the real advantage they held.

Considering the way they win so many close games, a few fumbles here and there could be the difference between a high playoff seed.

I think I posted the stat on that on here before...It is actually pretty incredible. I will see if I can dig it up

"More likely than not?" What is this garbage? They are basically saying what everyone has been saying since the day they got caught. Nothing new. All this time for that? I bet these guys aren't going to get disciplined.

Given the Bountygate precedent in which Goodell suspended Sean Payton on the grounds that "Ignorance is no excuse", I would expect draft pick and/or salary cap penalties to be imposed for 2016 in addition to an individual suspension for Tom Brady.

the report is not definitive, I wouldn't get hopes up w/ big punishment.

This isn't a court of law. The evidence against Brady doesn't have to be proven beyond any reasonable doubt. If the report indicates that Brady had "at least a general idea" that his footballs were being illegally altered, which means he knew, does it make ANY ****ing sense at all that these equipment guys would be doing this on their own volition? Why the hell would they do this without being told to?
The report is plenty definitive, now whether or not the NFL takes the proper measure is another matter entirely.

"More likely than not?" What is this garbage? They are basically saying what everyone has been saying since the day they got caught. Nothing new. All this time for that? I bet these guys aren't going to get disciplined.

The official report, from the man the league hired to investigate the incident, and report his findings to the league, says that he believes the Patriots cheated, and that Tom Brady knew about the Patriots cheating. Remember, this is a document written by lawyers, for lawyers.

It's not garbage. The Patriots are going to be punished. This means they got caught.

screenshot-nfllabor-files-wordpress-com-2015-05-06-13-50-41.png

screenshot-nfllabor-files-wordpress-com-2015-05-06-13-51-00.png

screenshot-nfllabor-files-wordpress-com-2015-05-06-13-30-22.png

screenshot-nfllabor-files-wordpress-com-2015-05-06-13-34-26.png

probably my ***. suspend him

Ya, that fumble study was the most eye-opening part of it. That is the real advantage they held.

Considering the way they win so many close games, a few fumbles here and there could be the difference between a high playoff seed.

I think I posted the stat on that on here before...It is actually pretty incredible. I will see if I can dig it up

yeah it's a lot easier to play that safe dink and dunk style, when you know your almost always going to win the turnover battle.

it says they even had text messages from brady asking for the balls to be at a certain setting...they got these guys hook line and sinker

busted...no way they can deal out a slap on the wrist here

The NFL will not let anything happen to their golden boy, if you think they will you are nuts. I would love to see him kicked out of the the league, but I don't think we will get as much as an apology from the Turd.

Your dead wrong....this report indicates Brady paying off the ball boy to illegally deflate these balls....the ball boy referring to himself as the "deflator" prior to the 2014 season in text....Text messages clearly implicating Brady in this whole thing and much more.

How long this has been going on is a valid question with evidence at hand...it clearly didn't start with that game.

Brady also didn't cooperate with investigators and didn't turn over his electronic messages.

Communications between the parties involved ramped up after the investigation was announced.

Read it...Brady will fry over this.

it says they even had text messages from brady asking for the balls to be at a certain setting...they got these guys hook line and sinker

busted...no way they can deal out a slap on the wrist here

the guy said "the only thing deflating sunday is Tom's passer rating". How is this probably?

Back
Top Bottom