Merged:Despite what many think....Chambers really isn't that good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Despite what many think....Chambers really isn't that good

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
Despite what many think....Chambers really isn't that good

Chambers is not a reliable receiver. As a blocker, he is mediocre.

He does not run good routes at all.

He is not a QB friendly receiver who will recognize a blitz and adjust his route toward open spaces.
Booker does this really well.

The only upside to Chambers is that he has speed and can make acrobatic catches. Unless a QB is going to lob it to him every play, he really isn't that good.

I'm actually wanted to post something like this in the beginning of the year but I thought I would get trounced for it...
Miami needs to find a WR coach when they clean house that can start all over from scratch with Chambers....

He adjusted to the blitz last week against the Rams, remember the long td.

until he has a good QB, tough to judge. I think he is great...

I agree that Chambers isn't a reliable receiver this year, but I think it is more of an attitude problem than anything else. If he would get more passes I think all his problems would go away. Right now he probably doesn't run good routes because he knows he's probably not going to get the ball anyway, so when he does get one he is either out of position or not ready to catch it.

Yeah. In all this mess, let's start criticizing the good players on the team for no reason whatsoever.

Chris Chambers will never realize his potential as long as he has a QB like Jay Fiedler trying to throw him the ball. You put Chambers with a QB like Manning, and Chambers is an All-Pro receiver.

KBISBACK said:
Yeah. In all this mess, let's start criticizing the good players on the team for no reason whatsoever.

Chris Chambers will never realize his potential as long as he has a QB like Jay Fiedler trying to throw him the ball. You put Chambers with a QB like Manning, and Chambers is an All-Pro receiver.

Manning wouldn't put up with Chambers route running. He'd probably curse him and the coach out for having him on the field.

dude, you can't judge any WR when the worst QB in the leauge is throwing to him. Come on!

TorontoFin said:
dude, you can't judge any WR when the worst QB in the leauge is throwing to him. Come on!

You can judge them. I've seen Booker come in and run better routes than Chambers. Its like night and day watching the two.

I don't know what is going through Chambers head, but unless the route is deep, he doesn't go HARD on it or run it crisp.....and we all saw even on that one deep ball he was running it half azz.

Superself said:
Chambers is not a reliable receiver. As a blocker, he is mediocre.

He does not run good routes at all.

He is not a QB friendly receiver who will recognize a blitz and adjust his route toward open spaces.
Booker does this really well.

The only upside to Chambers is that he has speed and can make acrobatic catches. Unless a QB is going to lob it to him every play, he really isn't that good.

Wow...I thought this was a joke...but you're being serious!!!

I feel sorry for Chambers b/c he's wasting away here in Miami.

This kid is probably a top 5 WR...all I can say is...thank god we signed him to a long term deal becuase he would probably accept less somewhere else and leave this team at the end of this season.

I really want to know why he isn't a good route runner?

He never finishes running his route b/c within 2 to 3 seconds the whistle is already blowing becuase Feebler is on the ground...or the ball is going the other way b/c Feebler threw another pick for a TD.

Wow...I can't believe you actually think Chambers is not that good...you are nutz man.

Actually you should be saying...we don't know how good Chambers really is b/c he plays for this sorry offense!!!

Go Fins!!!

KBISBACK said:

I agree with KBISBACK whole heartedly...bring Marvin Harrison here for one season with this system and QB and he'll look terrible too.

Sal Lisitano said:
Wow...I thought this was a joke...but you're being serious!!!

I feel sorry for Chambers b/c he's wasting away here in Miami.

This kid is probably a top 5 WR...all I can say is...thank god we signed him to a long term deal becuase he would probably accept less somewhere else and leave this team at the end of this season.

I really want to know why he isn't a good route runner?

He never finishes running his route b/c within 2 to 3 seconds the whistle is already blowing becuase Feebler is on the ground...or the ball is going the other way b/c Feebler threw another pick for a TD.

Wow...I can't believe you actually think Chambers is not that good...you are nutz man.

Actually you should be saying...we don't know how good Chambers really is b/c he plays for this sorry offense!!!

Go Fins!!!

You'd be the GM I'd trade him to for your 1st round pick.
:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom