MERGED: DETROIT, INDIANA NBA FIGHTS! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: DETROIT, INDIANA NBA FIGHTS!

X-Con said:
Honestly, you can take it as a racist comment. I don't care.

Basically, what you're saying is: "The NBA sucks because 'white America' doesn't care for it". Who gives a damn what "White America" cares for? Am I apart of white America? NO. Think before you speak.
Now go make your little star trek hand gestures and go proclaim WEST COAST or EAST COAST or Wu-Tang or whatever you do and keep living in that fantasy world of the PHONY TOUGH and CRAZY BRAVE!

I said that the NBA sucks because it has a bunch of thugs and gangstas on the court which people won't support.

There is a reason why a couple years back the NBA Conference Finals were on NBC (a network) and now they are being played on cable late late late at night. Nobody cares anymore about the NBA. Nobody wants to watch and cheer or support THUGS, GANGSTAS, and CRIMINALS! Just all around bad human beings!

ohall said:
So why was he laying on the table again, because 8 ppl were holding Ben Wallace back? Sorry I think we can all agree Artest is simply crazy, and is in need of psychological help. Either that or 1 year in a military school.

Biggest b!tch? Oh my, yea they are all millionaires but they need to worry about being all hard and stuff. The rap mentality is ruining this nation and it was on exhibit for all to see when this took place. When millionaire basketball players want to show the world they are all hard and stuff. Something is just wrong with that. It is not civilized.
Artest is no man.......he's a boy. A child. And uneducated fool.

Another one of these guys who thinks because he can walk with a fake limp, put in a gold tooth, and talk with incorrect grammer that he is somehow......"cool" and a "badass"

If Artest is so tough and wants to fight so much, hey........he has a year off why not go fight for your country in Iraq. Oh wait, that would take balls something a little Bit#h like Artest doesn't have.

Notice how Artest was rational enough and calm enough NOT to fight Wallace. But now is claiming he was provoked by the fan!!! IDIOT! He must think we are all idiots like himself. What happened Ron........Ben Wallace didn't provoke you? lol, sorry bad excuse. Try again Ronnie boy.

MikeO said:
Now go make your little star trek hand gestures and go proclaim WEST COAST or EAST COAST or Wu-Tang or whatever you do and keep living in that fantasy world of the PHONY TOUGH and CRAZY BRAVE!

I said that the NBA sucks because it has a bunch of thugs and gangstas on the court which people won't support.

There is a reason why a couple years back the NBA Conference Finals were on NBC (a network) and now they are being played on cable late late late at night. Nobody cares anymore about the NBA. Nobody wants to watch and cheer or support THUGS, GANGSTAS, and CRIMINALS! Just all around bad human beings!

I agree with the last paragraph deeply. The NBA IMO is reaping what they have sewn. They embraced the rap mentality and everything that comes along with that about 7 years ago.

When you embrace a culture that glorifies in most cases the gang mentality they should not be shocked what took place the other night. They are just one part of the problem. Our society in general is less civilized and we are all paying for that on a daily basis. I hope this will be a wake up call to most ppl.

MikeO said:

The funny thing is...all you whine about is how much you HATE the NBA, yet you're in this thread discussing a current NBA issue? Why? Why do you care? Why did you care to follow the incident? Something's strange there...

X-Con said:
The funny thing is...all you whine about is how much you HATE the NBA, yet you're in this thread discussing a current NBA issue? Why? Why do you care? Why did you care to follow the incident? Something's strange there...
Because I am a FAN of basketball. And I would LOVE to be a fan of the NBA again. I wish the NBA would turn itself around.

College hoops is nice and fun to watch. But I really wish I could be a FAN of the NBA.

ohall said:
They embraced the rap mentality.

Umm, no. It just so happens that the skilled players around the globe(basketball-wise) "embrace the rap mentality". What do you want the NBA to do? You don't want Stern to allow players in the league who "embrace the rap mentality"? If so, basically you want to watch a sport being played by a bunch of stiffs. Hats off to your and your likings.. :shakeno:

MikeO said:
Because I am a FAN of basketball. And I would LOVE to be a fan of the NBA again. I wish the NBA would turn itself around.

College hoops is nice and fun to watch. But I really wish I could be a FAN of the NBA.

Same here. I only started keeping up with it again when they Heat started doing well last year. If the Heat is not on I could really care less. That was not the case 7 years ago for me. I would watch NBA basketball as much as I could back then. It was a better game back then.

X-Con said:
Umm, no. It just so happens that the skilled players around the globe(basketball-wise) "embrace the rap mentality". What do you want the NBA to do? You don't want Stern to allow players in the league who "embrace the rap mentality"? If so, basically you want to watch a sport being played by a bunch of stiffs. Hats off to your and your likings.. :shakeno:
LOL......that's why we got the BRONZE in the Olympics! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

ohall said:
Same here. I only started keeping up with it again when they Heat started doing well last year. If the Heat is not on I could really care less. That was not the case 7 years ago for me. I would watch NBA basketball as much as I could back then. It was a better game back then.
Same here with me and the Knicks. Once Isiah took over last year I started paying closer attention to the Knicks and the NBA. But really, if its not a Knicks game....I could care less.

I will also watch the Nuggets and Carmelo since I am a Syracuse guy. But if its not one of those two teams on, I could really care less.

David Stern did a HUGE thing today in winning me back. Getting rid of that bum Artest for the season showed me something. Im one small step closer to returning to being an NBA fan on a full time basis.

ohall said:
I would watch NBA basketball as much as I could back then. It was a better game back then.

That's just what I don't understand. Personally, I could care less what the NBA "embraces". All I know is that the most talented basketball players around the globe are in the NBA. And with me being a huge fan of basketball and someone who plays so much, I have to love the game. I don't care about what people proclaim certain players as.

Look at the NFL...you have a player who was on trial for murder a few years ago and eventually winds up as the trademark defensive player for the NFL. :shakeno:

X-Con said:
That's just what I don't understand. Personally, I could care less what the NBA "embraces". All I know is that the most talented basketball players around the globe are in the NBA. And with me being a huge fan of basketball and someone who plays so much, I have to love the game. I don't care about what people proclaim certain players as.

Look at the NFL...you have a player who was on trial for murder a few years ago and eventually winds up as the trademark defensive player for the NFL. :shakeno:
With the NFL that was ONE guy! ONE! Just one!

In the NBA incidents like this pop up every week. Whether its Sprewell, Stoudlimer, Jason Williams, Kobe....etc

And the most talented basketball players in the WORLD aren't in the NBA. Bronze medal......SCOREBOARD!

MikeO said:
David Stern did a HUGE thing today in winning me back. Getting rid of that bum Artest for the season showed me something. Im one small step closer to returning to being an NBA fan on a full time basis.

I can't be too upset about the 1-year suspension, because I am a Heat fan. If you look at my Artest thread, I hated on the guy like hell just last week. I'm not denying the fact that Artest is a CRAZY human being, in fact, I agree with that statement(and said this in my thread last week, which is still on page 1 here). I just have his back for going into the stands and showing that he isn't taking a bottle to the mouth from anybody. You can like it or love it, but me? I loved it. :yes:

:beerbang:
I posted in your other thread X-Con.
I think youll agree with me on my rant.
:yes:
X-Con said:
I can't be too upset about the 1-year suspension, because I am a Heat fan. If you look at my Artest thread, I hated on the guy like hell just last week. I'm not denying the fact that Artest is a CRAZY human being, in fact, I agree with that statement(and said this in my thread last week, which is still on page 1 here). I just have his back for going into the stands and showing that he isn't taking a bottle to the mouth from anybody. You can like it or love it, but me? I loved it. :yes:

X-Con said:

The only thing Sterm can control is the type of advertising and core group they are going to sell the game to. He made a decision to sell the NBA to the rap culture some years ago. At one point it was not the mainstream focus of the NBA but it most certainly has become that. I hope he has learned from his mistake. IMO this is the one of the reasons the game has been on a steady decline for 10-years now.

The otehr main reason is the scoring in the games has gone down significantly. I believe they need to take away the dunk as the main focus of the game and return the game to its glory days when every game use to be 200 plus point games. You would even get 300 point games from time to time. Now that is fun to watch IMO. A lot more fun than watching a basketball player always trying to dunk on someone else.

Yea my likings have a good history. A history of when the game had some respect, when the game was never more popular and the focus of the game was scoring points not scoring on someone. Think about it.

Back
Top Bottom