Merged: Do We Trade 32nd overall for Shockey or Chad Johnson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Do We Trade 32nd overall for Shockey or Chad Johnson?

I'll never understand ppl calling chad johnson a "thug, hoodlum, etc.". We should praise the guy for being one of the few people in the league that doesn't take himself seriously. His job is to entertain us, and I think he's done one hell of a job doing that, not to mention being a top 5 WR in the league. So I'll give a big yes to ocho cinco.

Here's another opinion:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/04/rosenhaus-checks-in.html

"Posted by Sean @ 7:02 PM Fri, Apr 18, 2008

Please Mr. Jones, do everything you can to take Chad Johnson off our hands. No one in Cincinnati has an ounce of affection left for Chad. We have given him everything he has ever asked for and he stabbed us in the back."
There's fans in Miami that want Jason Taylor out for his recent remarks, does that make Jason Taylor an undesirable too?

All I know is every fin fan that keeps talking about more picks more picks more pick needs to stop and think that draft picks are like playing the lottery you never know if its good or bad.

My personal opinion is i take ocho for sure he is prven himself 10 fold and he hasnt done nothing but show off and if you dont like that then they should try harded to keep him out the endzone . he never spoke out about his team till now and that is only because they want his talent but dont want the attention . i personall y want the attention because it will boost ticket sales and make the game more fun in this no fun league NFL. chad would open this offense up bye leting ginn not get doubled and get free release into the open field he also is a good blocker has great hands and probably the best route runner if you dont want that then pleast dont be a fin fan.

No way!!

IMO Tuna and Ireland will pass on these guys because of....

a, CJ runs his mouth off too much and would be a negative influence in the locker room

b, Shockey is too injury prone.

Ok, both guys are very good proven players when on their game but especially in ocho cinco's case why would he leave Cincy to join a 1-15 team when he's shooting his mouth off about playing in a team who are near playoff contenders.

Having said all that though, i would prefer Shockey if we had to get one of those, our TE needs are more than at WR, although we need to improve both.

If he's unhappy with Carson Palmer, then there is simply no pleasing the guy. How can you be frustrated when you're playing with one of the elite quarterbacks in the NFL? Chad Johnson is a poison, and DOES NOT belong in Miami.

He became unhappy with Palmer when Palmer started saying stuff that wasn't true, had nothing to do with Palmer the QB on the field.

As for the thread. Just hell no to Shockey even for one of our 7ths. I would do our 2b pick for 85, that would be a chambers for him swap and I could handle that. Chad, Ginn, and Wilford would be a formidable trio.

All I know is every fin fan that keeps talking about more picks more picks more pick needs to stop and think that draft picks are like playing the lottery you never know if its good or bad.

My personal opinion is i take ocho for sure he is prven himself 10 fold and he hasnt done nothing but show off and if you dont like that then they should try harded to keep him out the endzone . he never spoke out about his team till now and that is only because they want his talent but dont want the attention . i personall y want the attention because it will boost ticket sales and make the game more fun in this no fun league NFL. chad would open this offense up bye leting ginn not get doubled and get free release into the open field he also is a good blocker has great hands and probably the best route runner if you dont want that then pleast dont be a fin fan.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Chad Johnson is worth WAAAAAYYYYY more than a #32. And don't throw what happened with Moss in there. An elite WR for a 4th is just a joke.

Chad Johnson is AMAZING. He's such a phenomenal, dynamic receiver.

I don't understand that majority sentiment here. He's a jerk, I get it. Maybe he won't be a jerk here.

Cost benefit analysis certainly says his potential for success outweighs his character problems. Essentially, he's just a crybaby.

NO LEGAL ISSUES!!!

I want Shockey's talent, but I don't want his injury proneness. Not giving up #32 for that.

first, Chad wont want to play for our sorry *****, and second, BP and co. wont want him here with that meshawn attitude of the 3rd person crap.

trade that pick for anyone.. we'll never sign the player picked at 32 there agent will want a first round tender offer and we will stick to your offer of the first pick of the second round. the commisioner penelizes the pats and we get screwed, I doubt you will even find a trade partner for this pick. no one wants to deal with this nightmare the commisioner has created.

Hypothetically speaking, we trade the pick. Do you want Shockey or Chad Johnson? Who do you think we need more on this team. Personally. I'm a huge fan of both players.

No to both. If the 32nd pick is a lineman, he could be playing 10 years after Shockey is out of the league. And you don't want Johnson's attitude anywhere near a young team you're trying to build.

Back
Top Bottom