Merged: Do We Trade 32nd overall for Shockey or Chad Johnson? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Do We Trade 32nd overall for Shockey or Chad Johnson?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4146

JT is 34!! He wont be in our long-term plans and the guy definitely deserves one last chance to contend... send him to Jags for their two 3rd round picks.... Then trade the earlier 3rd rounder for Jeremy Shockey..

The JT part could definitely happen as Del Rio really wants Taylor...And perhaps the Giants bight on the 3rd rounder for Shockey as he's too much of a poison for them...Although I think he'd be a better fit here as his main argument has always been that he wants to be more of a playmaker...He can definitely be a playmaker here! A TE for Beck to pass to would be amazing for this offense...Imagine speedy Ginn on one side, the possession guy in Wilford, Ronnie Brown in the backfield, and Shockey down the middle of the field :) ...That would be nice (Oh and a guy like Lo Bo really changing things up in situations, and perhaps him lining up in the slot)

If the giants didn't accept a Saint's second rounder why on earth would they accept an early 3rd? Besides, I agree with the above, that we can get a better team player and a healthier tight end at 3rd.

That's easy, Chad Johnson.

That being said, the Fins offense needs an elite TE at some point. I would be surprised if it is Shockey though.

CJ isn't going anywhere. Redskins offered their 1st, and the Bungles turned them down.
He's locked in.... Marvin Lewis isn't kidding..... He's not going anywhere.

CJ isn't going anywhere. Redskins offered their 1st, and the Bungles turned them down.
He's locked in.... Marvin Lewis isn't kidding..... He's not going anywhere.

actually they offered him their 1st and a 2009 conditional 3rd round pick that could become a 1st round pick if he meets certain requirements (which I would assume he could do easy). So yeah, not going to get him for #32 overall.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

Our 2nd #2 I'd give for Chad. I wouldn't give more than a 4th for Shockey.

Back
Top Bottom