Merged:Do you still think Ronnie is a bust?/Wait a minute, I thought..... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Do you still think Ronnie is a bust?/Wait a minute, I thought.....

phishfan4life said:
:sidelol: ...Yeah, where are all those Ronnie bashers????

In their caves trying to think of a way to bash our team's performance today. There were a few flaws, but to down this team today would just be insane. They should be so proud of their performance today and I hope we can build on this the rest of the way. Here's to fighting for .500.

I was so happy for Ronnie today.

I think it had something to do with me wearing his #23 jersey. I think I am going to have to wear it on every Sunday:dolphins:

DolphinsFan23 said:
Yeah, where's dmancari23? I know he's secretly a big Ronnie Brown fan ... he just won't admit it yet. He put the 23 in his name because he's liked Ronnie all along and he was just trying to motivate him somehow by being down on him ... kind of like Kuechenberg I guess. Thank you dmancari23. Thank you Kuechenberg !! Diss us some more !!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-061105bearsgamer,1,370541.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

"Ronnie Brown rushed for a career-high 157 yards and Jason Taylor forced a fumble and returned an interception 20 yards for a touchdown, helping Miami beat the Bears 31-13 on Sunday. Brown carried 29 times and eclipsed his previous career-high set last season against Carolina by 35 yards."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/125021,110506bearspost.article

"Miami's win removes another potential challenger to the 1972 Dolphins, the only team with a perfect record in NFL history. The Indianapolis Colts went into Sunday night's game with the Patriots as the only undefeated team this season."

Ronnie Brown's performance today:

29 carries, 157 yards, 5.41 yards per carry
2 receptions, 33 yards, 16.50 yards per reception
Total all purpose yards = 190 yards, 6.13 yards per touch

Ronnie Brown, so far for the 2006 season:

151 carries, 621 yards, 4.11 yards per carry
27 receptions, 249 yards, 9.22 yards per reception
Total all purpose yards = 870 yards, 4.89 yards per touch

Ronnie Brown and THE ENTIRE TEAM played AWESOME today. Ronnie should give every one of the offensive linemen a big hug and take them out for dinner ... whatever they want. Those linemen deserve just as much credit for Ronnie's day as Ronnie does. Way to go offensive linemen! Way to go Coach Houck. I think you have just the right combination for our offensive line. Putting Shelton at RG and MacIntosh back to LT is working out great. They flat out DOMINATED today. Joey was well protected and they opened up holes for Ronnie. MAJOR, MAJOR kudos for our offensive line.

I knew Ronnie would break some big ones today if he got some green grass in front of him. Way to go Ronnie !! You have OFFICIALLY PROVED YOURSELF today ... to the whole NFL and to the Dolphins fans. You are on your way to the top ten in the NFL ... maybe a Pro Bowl if you keep this going. When we have the line performing like they did today, our offense can beat almost anybody. Keep on reminding the offensive line how well they did today. Keep telling them, remember the Bears game? If they can play like they did today, they can keep on doing it the rest of the season. I bet they're going to have a great time on the plane ride back to Miami.

Way to go Joey ... that one pass to Booker in the endzone was EXCELLENT! The one to Chambers was AWESOME. I LOVED that catch by Chambers and the basketball between the legs endzone celebration!! That one totally blew the minds of da Bears fans.

Way to go Mularkey !! Way to go Saban !! You guys EARNED some bigtime respect today ... around the NFL and with the Dolphins fans. Be sure to remind Jason Taylor to give Kuechenberg a big bear HUG !!!! WAY TO GO JASON TAYLOR !!! You definitely are the SOUL of this team and you proved it yet again today !! You are on your way to the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio !!

The Dolphins just flat out DOMINATED today. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We probably could have won by 28 points instead of 18 today. THIS is the game I knew they could put together ... and you did it ON THE ROAD in the 7-0 Bears' back yard ! It doesn't get much better than that as far as comeback stories go.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME DAY MIAMI DOLPHINS .... ALL OF YOU.

Great post

Many people try to point out Brown's faults by pointing out a few plays where he missed a running lane; you can do that with any RB. There isn't a RB in the NFL that is going to hit every running lane; every RB will leave some plays on the field.

It continues to amaze me how many people say that Brown lacks vision and has average speed/explosiveness. You're not going to have 1,521 career rushing yards in just 358 carries (4.25 ypc) behind this OL without a good combination of speed/power/vision. He should be getting that amount of carries in a season. As it is, Brown is on pace for 1,242 rushing yards in just 302 carries. That's pretty damn good all things considered.

Kudos to Ronnie, but the Bears team is very over hyped.. good defense but not great. Still a very solid outing versus a good defensive team.. keep it up Ronnie.

Breed said:
Great post

Many people try to point out Brown's faults by pointing out a few plays where he missed a running lane; you can do that with any RB. There isn't a RB in the NFL that is going to hit every running lane; every RB will leave some plays on the field.

It continues to amaze me how many people say that Brown lacks vision and has average speed/explosiveness. You're not going to have 1,521 career rushing yards in just 358 carries (4.25 ypc) behind this OL without a good combination of speed/power/vision. He should be getting that amount of carries in a season. As it is, Brown is on pace for 1,242 rushing yards in just 302 carries. That's pretty damn good all things considered.

Exactly.

endorphin said:
Sulking in his beer with A Redneck Friend thinking of some other reason to complain about the Finz!

:sidelol:

tylerdolphin said:
Funny that none of the constant Ronnie bashers have replied...

Well its hard to tell a person bashing or not on this board, I have been told that I have called Ronnie a bust even though I have never said such a thing.
Ronnie did real well today but lets see what he does the rest of the year.
If Ronnie has a bad day the Ronnis is a bust threads come out and if he has a good game then all of a sudden he is the next coming. It feels good to win and hopefully this win will carry over. So if we are as untalented as some on this board say how did we beat the undefeated bears.

Back
Top Bottom