Merged:Do you still think Ronnie is a bust?/Wait a minute, I thought..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Do you still think Ronnie is a bust?/Wait a minute, I thought.....

Sethdaddy8 said:
barry sanders and walter payton rarely had halfway decent lines. top shelf backs make the plays and rise above it though. ronnies lack of production wasnt all thelines fault, he needs to be a playmaker. lets hope ronnie continues to improve.

and if you follow our games, ya can kinda tell, miami isnt the type of team to get "killed". we play teams close and lose in the end. but we dont get blown-out. thats not a team characteristic despite an aweful record.

You're comparing Barry Sanders and Walter Payton to Ronnie Brows situation? Barry Sanders was houdini on the field, no backs could do what he did, and Payton is one of the greatest rbs ever also. Ronnie does make plays when there's nothing there. So many times he's dragged players five yards because nothing was there. A rb needs a little space to make moves. When a Dl is through the ol right when Ronnie gets the ball he has hardly any room to do anything from being surrounded, which has happend in the past games. There has to be something, and even the really good rbs don't make runs out of nothing when they are surrounded and there's nothing there. L.T is great rb, and I'm not comparing Ronnie to him, but even L.T had negative yards rushing last year against the eagles, because he was surrounded, and couldn't make anything out the lack of blocking. So stop being up tight about defending yourself, and denying Ronnie Brown because he has shown last year and this season that if there is some protection, blocking, and he's getting carries, he will rack up a lot of yards and make plays. So stop nitpicking, and accept that Ronnie is better than you are others thought.

FiN.in.RI said:
Where's TAMPAFINSFAN01?????????? :lol:

Sulking in his beer with A Redneck Friend thinking of some other reason to complain about the Finz!

AUFinFan said:
They are busts. Ronnie isnt worthy to hold Ricky Williams jock. Ricky would have put up 300. This was a fluke. The bears suck.

What else am I missing?

The other 90% of your brain cells?

cltchperf said:
You're comparing Barry Sanders and Walter Payton to Ronnie Brows situation? Barry Sanders was houdini on the field, no backs could do what he did, and Payton is one of the greatest rbs ever also. Ronnie does make plays when there's nothing there. So many times he's dragged players five yards because nothing was there. A rb needs a little space to make moves. When a Dl is through the ol right when Ronnie gets the ball he has hardly any room to do anything from being surrounded, which has happend in the past games. There has to be something, and even the really good rbs don't make runs out of nothing when they are surrounded and there's nothing there. L.T is great rb, and I'm not comparing Ronnie to him, but even L.T had negative yards rushing last year against the eagles, because he was surrounded, and couldn't make anything out the lack of blocking. So stop being up tight about defending yourself, and denying Ronnie Brown because he has shown last year and this season that if there is some protection, blocking, and he's getting carries, he will rack up a lot of yards and make plays. So stop nitpicking, and accept that Ronnie is better than you are others thought.

Now tell us how you really feel!! Just kidding. Right on. RB is a legit back and always has been. Today he showed the ability he had all along. Give him lanes and he will produce. Very few (except on occasion those great ones you alluded to) could run behind the blocking we have seen for the majority of the season without being exceptionally creative.

Mr Fan said:
Watch him a tad closer in the future, perhaps you'll see what Im saying.

I do admit I enjoyed watching Ricky play.

I watch and do see every now and then he cuts the wrong way and leaves a few yards on the field. That is nitpicking for a 2nd year guy who hasn't received the carries. Maybe you should've watched Ricky closer in his first 2 years, he would leave a lot of yards on the field and players learn these things by getting the reps and gaining experience. It didn't come as naturally to ricky as some him his supporters might think. If we would commit to the run like this every game we would be 4-4 at least right now.

Tigers2003 said:
Now tell us how you really feel!! Just kidding. Right on. RB is a legit back and always has been. Today he showed the ability he had all along. Give him lanes and he will produce. Very few (except on occasion those great ones you alluded to) could run behind the blocking we have seen for the majority of the season without being exceptionally creative.

Seriously, no one in their right mind should compare Ronnie or any other rb to Barry Sanders. Yeah he did make runs out of nothing from a ****ty ol. But he was Barry Sanders for crying out loud, a truly one of a kind rb. I have never seen a rb do what he did ever game, and I don't think I will see it anytime soon. He was and still is, with out a doubt, the most elusive back I have ever seen. There are many elusive backs that have player throughout the years in the NFL and today, but no rb is even close to Barry Sanders on that aspect.

Mr Fan said:
Ok, I'll respond. He had a good game. Sammie Smith had a couple of them as well (relax he isn't as bad as Smith).

However I watched a number of carries where he hit the wrong hole and turned the wrong way and left a ton of yards on the field.

The OL blasted some pretty major holes for him to run through. I want to see the #2 pick in the draft (20 million dollar man) be a a consistent difference maker (ie Ricky)

Did you notice the play by play guy mention that there are ALOT of questions about Brown.

The jury is still out, and IMHO he is a Keith Byars type player (excellent receiver, very average running vision and suddeness)

:sidelol:

Come on, Keith Byars? The guy who never had more than 577 rushing yards in a season? Wow.

TotoreMexico said:
Or Dmancari23:rolleyes:

I'm confused ......:wink: ......these guys are here every week when there's something to whine about or a mistake to point out..... How could it be that they will not show when the team they claim to root for succeeds ??? I love how people put themselves in a position to look stupid time and time again..... :D

Crash_Jensen said:
It is one game, some of you are insane.

We are 2-6 man....
1 game ? Ronnie ran over the best D like no one else has/will all season, and Jason Allen made multiple plays in his first game seeing extended time.... that's what we're talking about.... not our record. Do they not deserve some props ?:confused:

cltchperf said:

i'm actually a Ronnie supporter. I think he's a good back. But I don't blame the line entirely for hislack of production at times. Alot of it is his own lack of vision and field presence. He makes up for this with his athleticism and the type of plays fans see when he carries a few guys. But you guys don't give credence to the opportunities he misses. There out there. And just because I put a few H.O.F.'s name in a posy does not mean a likeness or comparison is being made...at all. Anyone who understands english could recognize this. Im just stating the fact that playmakers get it done. no excuses. maybe ronnie's a playmaker, maybe he isnt. some weeks he is, some weeks he isnt. today he was. but dont be foolish and put 100% of stock into one game.

Sethdaddy8 said:
i'm actually a Ronnie supporter. I think he's a good back. But I don't blame the line entirely for hislack of production at times. Alot of it is his own lack of vision and field presence. He makes up for this with his athleticism and the type of plays fans see when he carries a few guys. But you guys don't give credence to the opportunities he misses. There out there. And just because I put a few H.O.F.'s name in a posy does not mean a likeness or comparison is being made...at all. Anyone who understands english could recognize this. Im just stating the fact that playmakers get it done. no excuses. maybe ronnie's a playmaker, maybe he isnt. some weeks he is, some weeks he isnt. today he was. but dont be foolish and put 100% of stock into one game.

that's what you and others should follow in not putting too much stock in a few games. I putting stock into last season, and the games that he played well when there was some blocking (Bills, Jets) and todays game. Well don't put there names up in your post then. You along with others nitpick, and that is the problem. "Oh ronnie made all these plays, but oh my gosh he didn't find some holes" the guy is a second year player and no rb is perfect, so stop. Ronnie Brown is a playmaker. From the games that I have seen, it looks like it is the people that don't have the vision. The games I saw from him he was making good decisions and making nic cut backs. He's damned if he does and he's damnen if he doesn;t for some. People complain that he dances around too much instead of goiung throuhg the hole, but when he does run throuhg the gaps that were set up for him in the play, say he should of went the other direction or whole. But these people have no perception of angles relative to speed, and postioning of the players, which I am implying the hole or move that some think he could have made, based on those factors would have closed really fast and from the postioning; therefore, most of his initial choices were the ones that would have given im the most yards.

how's "edge" doing this year? Moss? The list goes on. They're all "playmakers" when put in the right position. Today's salary cap lends teams to be even more "even-talented" then they were before. A "playmaker" can't get it done if the RB (for example) is surrounded by Defensive Tackles and Linebackers combined for over 500-700lbs of muscle and body coming at you behind the line a second after the handoff. Neither can Moss, TO or any other good receiver do jacks--- if the QB can't throw the ball right. Playmakers get it done when the opportunity is presented to them. Playmakers make things out of very little. It's hard to make stuff out of absolutely nothing however.

RB did an excellent job today and if the OL could block like they did today he would be the league leader in yards rushing.

I don't know who said it earlier...but they didn't play with more hear today...the offense just made a few less mistakes and the D capitalized against a team that turns it over a lot (i.e., last week 6 turnovers...this week the same). Almost every game we lost was by 8 pts or less and was due more to our fault then the other team whipping us good. If we stop shooting ourselves in the foot....we're a winner.

jbond said:
how's "edge" doing this year? Moss? The list goes on. They're all "playmakers" when put in the right position. Today's salary cap lends teams to be even more "even-talented" then they were before. A "playmaker" can't get it done if the RB (for example) is surrounded by Defensive Tackles and Linebackers combined for over 500-700lbs of muscle and body coming at you behind the line a second after the handoff. Neither can Moss, TO or any other good receiver do jacks--- if the QB can't throw the ball right. Playmakers get it done when the opportunity is presented to them. Playmakers make things out of very little. It's hard to make stuff out of absolutely nothing however.

RB did an excellent job today and if the OL could block like they did today he would be the league leader in yards rushing.

I don't know who said it earlier...but they didn't play with more hear today...the offense just made a few less mistakes and the D capitalized against a team that turns it over a lot (i.e., last week 6 turnovers...this week the same). Almost every game we lost was by 8 pts or less and was due more to our fault then the other team whipping us good. If we stop shooting ourselves in the foot....we're a winner.

Wow another person among us who has common sense, nice logical post.

everyone's favorite "bust" is on pace for over 1200 rushing yards / 60 rec / 500 rec. yards / and about 10 total TDs his second season.... which by the way is much better than Ricky even in his 3rd NFL Season.. but no... "Ronnie couldn't hold Ricky's jock"..... LOL

TotoreMexico said:
Or Dmancari23:rolleyes:

Yeah, where's dmancari23? I know he's secretly a big Ronnie Brown fan ... he just won't admit it yet. He put the 23 in his name because he's liked Ronnie all along and he was just trying to motivate him somehow by being down on him ... kind of like Kuechenberg I guess. Thank you dmancari23. Thank you Kuechenberg !! Diss us some more !!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-061105bearsgamer,1,370541.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

"Ronnie Brown rushed for a career-high 157 yards and Jason Taylor forced a fumble and returned an interception 20 yards for a touchdown, helping Miami beat the Bears 31-13 on Sunday. Brown carried 29 times and eclipsed his previous career-high set last season against Carolina by 35 yards."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/125021,110506bearspost.article

"Miami's win removes another potential challenger to the 1972 Dolphins, the only team with a perfect record in NFL history. The Indianapolis Colts went into Sunday night's game with the Patriots as the only undefeated team this season."

Ronnie Brown's performance today:

29 carries, 157 yards, 5.41 yards per carry
2 receptions, 33 yards, 16.50 yards per reception
Total all purpose yards = 190 yards, 6.13 yards per touch

Ronnie Brown, so far for the 2006 season:

151 carries, 621 yards, 4.11 yards per carry
27 receptions, 249 yards, 9.22 yards per reception
Total all purpose yards = 870 yards, 4.89 yards per touch

Ronnie Brown and THE ENTIRE TEAM played AWESOME today. Ronnie should give every one of the offensive linemen a big hug and take them out for dinner ... whatever they want. Those linemen deserve just as much credit for Ronnie's day as Ronnie does. Way to go offensive linemen! Way to go Coach Houck. I think you have just the right combination for our offensive line. Putting Shelton at RG and MacIntosh back to LT is working out great. They flat out DOMINATED today. Joey was well protected and they opened up holes for Ronnie. MAJOR, MAJOR kudos for our offensive line.

I knew Ronnie would break some big ones today if he got some green grass in front of him. Way to go Ronnie !! You have OFFICIALLY PROVED YOURSELF today ... to the whole NFL and to the Dolphins fans. You are on your way to the top ten in the NFL ... maybe a Pro Bowl if you keep this going. When we have the line performing like they did today, our offense can beat almost anybody. Keep on reminding the offensive line how well they did today. Keep telling them, remember the Bears game? If they can play like they did today, they can keep on doing it the rest of the season. I bet they're going to have a great time on the plane ride back to Miami.

Way to go Joey ... that one pass to Booker in the endzone was EXCELLENT! The one to Chambers was AWESOME. I LOVED that catch by Chambers and the basketball between the legs endzone celebration!! That one totally blew the minds of da Bears fans.

Way to go Mularkey !! Way to go Saban !! You guys EARNED some bigtime respect today ... around the NFL and with the Dolphins fans. Be sure to remind Jason Taylor to give Kuechenberg a big bear HUG !!!! WAY TO GO JASON TAYLOR !!! You definitely are the SOUL of this team and you proved it yet again today !! You are on your way to the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio !!

The Dolphins just flat out DOMINATED today. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We probably could have won by 28 points instead of 18 today. THIS is the game I knew they could put together ... and you did it ON THE ROAD in the 7-0 Bears' back yard ! It doesn't get much better than that as far as comeback stories go.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME DAY MIAMI DOLPHINS .... ALL OF YOU.

Back
Top Bottom