Merged:Do you still think Ronnie is a bust?/Wait a minute, I thought..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Do you still think Ronnie is a bust?/Wait a minute, I thought.....

Funny that none of the constant Ronnie bashers have replied...

But, yet people who say Ronnie is average or sucks ignore last season and the games this year that he did well when the ol actually blocked. So the point is that people who thought ronnie brown had no reason to base this on than a few games, with ****ty blocking, where he had very little space. These people are the ones who go ahead of themselves and judge, by just mere feeling and not other facts or evidence.

tylerdolphin said:
Funny that none of the constant Ronnie bashers have replied...[/qmuote]

Ok, I'll respond. He had a good game. Sammie Smith had a couple of them as well (relax he isn't as bad as Smith).

However I watched a number of carries where he hit the wrong hole and turned the wrong way and left a ton of yards on the field.

The OL blasted some pretty major holes for him to run through. I want to see the #2 pick in the draft (20 million dollar man) be a a consistent difference maker (ie Ricky)

Did you notice the play by play guy mention that there are ALOT of questions about Brown.

The jury is still out, and IMHO he is a Keith Byars type player (excellent receiver, very average running vision and suddeness)

The guy just needs the ball. He made alot of his yards in the 4th quarter by wearing them down. This guy can carry the load and needs the ball, we did win by forcing turnovers but the running game is key to keeping the pressure of the QB. Imagine if we ran a balanced attack like today all season we would be 4-4 at least.

tylerdolphin said:
Funny that none of the constant Ronnie bashers have replied...[/qmuote]

Ok, I'll respond. He had a good game. Sammie Smith had a couple of them as well (relax he isn't as bad as Smith).

However I watched a number of carries where he hit the wrong hole and turned the wrong way and left a ton of yards on the field.

The OL blasted some pretty major holes for him to run through. I want to see the #2 pick in the draft (20 million dollar man) be a a consistent difference maker (ie Ricky)

Did you notice the play by play guy mention that there are ALOT of questions about Brown.

The jury is still out, and IMHO he is a Keith Byars type player (excellent receiver, very average running vision and suddeness)

I was actually still reading until you compared him to Byars and Sammie Smith. :sidelol: Then I realized your love for Ricky and then understood.

I hope the crow those Ronnie haters are eating tastes sour. The crow I'm eating after predicting we'd be killed all week tastes rather sweet!

Ronnie has been fine all year, he just never had an OL block decent for him before today. Breakout game for Ronnie AND the OL. Kudos to the OL, they finally showed up!

PhinsRock said:
I hope the crow those Ronnie haters are eating tastes sour. The crow I'm eating after predicting we'd be killed all week tastes rather sweet!

Ronnie has been fine all year, he just never had an OL block decent for him before today. Breakout game for Ronnie AND the OL. Kudos to the OL, they finally showed up!

You know what worries me a little bit now? Is that this line might play pretty well and have Saban ignore it in the off-season, only to have them stink it up again next year.

DoctorFeelgood said:
were busts? They didn't play like it today... can somebody please explain?

I'll try to explain. If they played like high first round deaft picks more often...like today...perhaps we wouldn't be 2-6 and fighting an uphill battle for the rest of the season. that clear things up? when Ronnie plays like a number 2 overall pick, we tend to win...hence our 2 wins. theres alot of redundant and lame posts out there today. im very happy about todays win, and the fact we finally played with fire...but it doesnt undo the lack-of heart from the previous 7 games. you wanna start posts about a great win, and team spirit, im all for it. but you cant define Allen and Brown's impact by this one teriffic outing though. we needed them weeks ago.
anyhow, kudos to Brown and the line. they each held thier own this week. ronnie made plays and saw the field better than he has all season. maybe it was the pidgeons.

PhinsRock said:

barry sanders and walter payton rarely had halfway decent lines. top shelf backs make the plays and rise above it though. ronnies lack of production wasnt all thelines fault, he needs to be a playmaker. lets hope ronnie continues to improve.

and if you follow our games, ya can kinda tell, miami isnt the type of team to get "killed". we play teams close and lose in the end. but we dont get blown-out. thats not a team characteristic despite an aweful record.

csabe said:
I was actually still reading until you compared him to Byars and Sammie Smith. :sidelol: Then I realized your love for Ricky and then understood.
Watch him a tad closer in the future, perhaps you'll see what Im saying.

I do admit I enjoyed watching Ricky play.

Back
Top Bottom