MERGED: Dolphins Draft Anthony Alabi 162nd | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins Draft Anthony Alabi 162nd

let me jus say this houck urged san diego to take a lineman with there 7th rd pick his name was shaun olivea and he had a monster yr and was solid for the chargers at right tackle i would say if houck wanted this guy its for a reason

You cant judge this pick when you dont know anything about him, especially OL, OL continue to develope in the prose because of schemes. If Houck scouted this kid deep then we got ourselves a big T. Could Wade and/or others be gone? We shall see.

for 7th round, we may also look at...Albert Means. DT of Memphis. He is gigantic, a run stuffer...which we kinda need. So either him, or a Center like (Ben Wilkerson, Vince Carter) would make me happy.

I hope Saban realizes we need a young DT.

Cheapshotz said:
Where are you guys getting this info? From what i read on Alabi's bio's is that he has a WEAK upper body. 500 lb Bench press is far from weak.

Here's some info on him:

Anthony Alabi

Britt

Britt will be the better pro. Its like year year when we should have traded back down in the second last year and taken Justin Smiley (he stared at Guard for the Niners last year) instead using two draft picks on Veron Carey who couldn't break into the starting lineup. I perdict that Smiley, Britt, and Evan Mathis (selected in the 3rd) will all be starters in for many years to come

Yeah, Britt was my personal favorite (alabama fan). It's alright htough i trust Saban and company. If the HULK scouted this guy i'm not going to complain.

Alabi is a two-time first-team All-Conference USA selection who made 35 career starts, tying for the most among the 2004 seniors. He has tremendous physical tools, is extremely athletic and one of the team's strongest players, having squatted over 800 pounds.

I love the bio on this guy. :D Maybe he'll be able to start this year.

J Tes said:
In Hudson Houcks opinion you are wrong. Who to trust? HMMM. I think I might have to go with Houck. I mean after all he is an NFL O-line coach.

I won't argue that point at all. All my info on players comes 2nd hand from what I read about players, just like all fans.

Trust Houck that Alabi's a player but didn't answer my question about his ability to play guard. And if he's to make the 53 man roster at OT, very curious which OT (McIntosh, Carey, St Clair, McDougle) is moving inside. Very difficult for a team to commit 5 OT to the roster. If he's as good as advertised and placed on practice squad, some team will sign him to roster during season.

new bob said:
wtf!!!!! F*CK!!!!!!!! that was a horrible, dumb selection. other picks were great, or ok, or questionable at best, bust f'n alabi? who??? over britt or munoz or anyone else? you can say this pick makes sense after passing over on khalif barnes. IF you pass on barnes it means you arent looking for oline help obviously, there meaning you wont go oline til late, then this sh*t happens? wow, wasted pick IMO, couldve had wilkerson or butler or everyones instant hard-on ernest shazor. wow, words cannot explain my disappointment....

Just because you know the names of Britt or Munoz it doesnt make them better:shakeno: I'm actually amazed at the ignorance of some of the people on this board

An additional point that people aren't commenting on is that he was accepted to the U.S. Naval Academy so one should assume that he is pretty intelligent and has some leadership qualities - two things that Saban seems to place high value on.

And I can't believe I just made a plug for Navy

Back
Top Bottom