MERGED: Dolphins Draft Anthony Alabi 162nd | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins Draft Anthony Alabi 162nd

ItalianDolFan said:
thats about the only thing i see about him that looks good. The NFL "experts" have Wesley Britt and Munoz as top Tackles, and they were still available...thats why im disagreeing with the drafting of Anthony Alabi. Hopefully Houck can work with him...and i guess that while "promise" made by Saban to McIntosh was false. But maybe in years to come, our O-line may look like:

Alabi
James
Hadnot
Carey
McDougle

With the work of Houck, that is. I still think we need to get ourselves more picks, and pickup Shazor...unless Saban has trust in Yeremiah Bell. Or at least get Hawthorne, that guy is a good prospect. I doubt Hawthorne lasts until the 7th round, but if he does...we better get him. Poor Ben Wilkerson, 5th round and he still hasnt been drafted, even tho he was a projected Top 10 Center. Saban should also be looking at QBs...there is still White and Chang out there. Jason White was a Heisman Trophy winner...come on! lol

NFL experts..... Like Nick Saban and Hudson Houck ??? Just wondering if they "qualify"?

i LOVE this pick. ever since the first time i read about this guy and how houck wanted him ive been hoping we would draft him. go find the highlight video on him, he does a good job and looks likes he shares that fiery play the other draft picks do. and those arms! if houck can coach a 7th rounder to start, then he can definitely do the same for alabi. and i think LT was a bigger need than C.

this is the pick that makes me give saban's draft an A instead of a B+.

ItalianDolFan said:
thats about the only thing i see about him that looks good. The NFL "experts" have Wesley Britt and Munoz as top Tackles, and they were still available...thats why im disagreeing with the drafting of Anthony Alabi. Hopefully Houck can work with him...and i guess that while "promise" made by Saban to McIntosh was false. But maybe in years to come, our O-line may look like:

Alabi
James
Hadnot
Carey
McDougle

With the work of Houck, that is. I still think we need to get ourselves more picks, and pickup Shazor...unless Saban has trust in Yeremiah Bell. Or at least get Hawthorne, that guy is a good prospect. I doubt Hawthorne lasts until the 7th round, but if he does...we better get him. Poor Ben Wilkerson, 5th round and he still hasnt been drafted, even tho he was a projected Top 10 Center. Saban should also be looking at QBs...there is still White and Chang out there. Jason White was a Heisman Trophy winner...come on! lol

What NFL Experts? PFW has Alabi as the 106th best player in the draft. Wesley Britt is 149th. Michael Munoz is 198th.

ckparrothead said:
Britt is injured right now, but he was pretty durable in college, generally speaking. I like Wesley Britt, but you know if Hudson Houck says I take Anthony Alabi over Wesley Britt, who am I to say he's wrong?

Exactly what I said! "Who is CK to say he's wrong!" :wink: :D

Just kidding...

I agree though. It's hard to question this choice. I don't know much about Alabi except reading about his great strength. He may be the ideal candidate for Houck.

Hey, is that "strong bad" in your pic? He's a riot!

ARRGGHHH!! I don't know his name so he must suck!!!!1 I didn't see him on ESPN2 Cold Pizza, so he must suck!!1! Tom Arnold never mentioned him so he must suck!9!!

Draft day is always so entertaining! I look forward to the boards and the comments almost as much as finding out who my favorite team is bringing in.

This guy can bench most DL's.

I guess if you draftniks have never heard of the player drafted then he's no good. There are so many teams that get no TV time, so many players that get no media, but there are gems out there that our team gurus know will fit in the NFL. Give them a break.

Houck Houck Houck....u guys talk about Hudson Houck like he is GOD. He's just an offensive line coach, he isnt the greatest coach to walk the face of the Earth. He doesnt turn weaklings into monsters. He's just an offensive line coach...he's old too. He isnt God, geez. You think our offensive line can change dramatically just because of one old fart coach? We still have the same guys competing. :confused:

(im gonna get bashed for this :( )

ItalianDolFan said:

Alabi
James
Hadnot
Carey
McDougle

White is garbage and is not a starter or backup in the NFL, maybe a career 3rd-stringer. Chang is garbage also. You can be good in a college level setup but once they hit the pros they would fall apart.

Eshlemon said:
IMO Britt, Munoz, & Willis were better OT prospects. Could he be a RG project?

Really? When did you come to this opinion? When you were studying hour after hour of game field and breaking each of the 4 players down play by play and game by game, or was it during the extensive background checks you did on them? :confused:

Please, you know D**k about this kid to make your opinion mean Sh*t to anyone about the four of these O-Lineman.:shakeno:

I know nobody had heard of a kid name Jerry Rice either until SF picked him.

Houck Houck Houck....u guys talk about Hudson Houck like he is GOD. He's just an offensive line coach, he isnt the greatest coach to walk the face of the Earth.

He's the best o-line coach in the league currently. So yea, he might actually be the best o-line coach to walk the face of the earth =).

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Tell me about him I would have rather taken Michael Munoz.

how can you say you would rather take, munoz, when you don't even no anything about the guy, the draft is not a popularity contest, these late rounds are where the scouts really earn there money. you guys need to realize just because you have never heard of a guy doesn't mean is doesn't have value to our team.

ItalianDolFan said:
Houck Houck Houck....u guys talk about Hudson Houck like he is GOD. He's just an offensive line coach, he isnt the greatest coach to walk the face of the Earth. He doesnt turn weaklings into monsters. He's just an offensive line coach...he's old too. He isnt God, geez. You think our offensive line can change dramatically just because of one old fart coach? We still have the same guys competing. :confused:

God is old.

BB

i dont have a problem with him being taken over britt, thats fine......but if you pass over someone like khalif barnes in the 2nd, even if its for the BPa, you somewhat have to be saying, "our problems arent on Oline, so well go BPA" and that was fine, we picked up a 1st rd talent in roth. but then, when you get to the 5th and you face a glaring need at safety which has still yet to have been addressed, you should pick one. there were three quality safeties staring us in the face, and we passed over each of them. there is a 2nd round talent in hawthorne, and we pass over him. THe only thing i can assume is that a)wilkersons injury was far worse than any of us thought, b) that alabi mustve given houck and saban a lot to salivate over for some reason over the combine and workouts, and c) that well have travares tillman or yeremiah bell starting at FS next year, and that saban is comfortable with that. i think skipping over butler, rosegreen and shazor was a monumental mistake.....

ItalianDolFan said:

You deserve to get bashed. Houck is considered one of the best o-line coaches in the NFL. I'd take the opinion of an "old fart" coach over yours any day of the week.

If Houck scouted this guy intensively you can only draw to the conclusion that whatever downsides he saw in him, he can coach right.

Back
Top Bottom