MERGED: Dolphins Draft Anthony Alabi 162nd | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins Draft Anthony Alabi 162nd

new bob said:
wtf!!!!! F*CK!!!!!!!! that was a horrible, dumb selection. other picks were great, or ok, or questionable at best, bust f'n alabi? who??? over britt or munoz or anyone else? you can say this pick makes sense after passing over on khalif barnes. IF you pass on barnes it means you arent looking for oline help obviously, there meaning you wont go oline til late, then this sh*t happens? wow, wasted pick IMO, couldve had wilkerson or butler or everyones instant hard-on ernest shazor. wow, words cannot explain my disappointment....

Talk methrough Anthony's strengths.

Munoz? The walking hosptial room? Wilkerson with the bad back and the knee, Shzor and his 47 speed. You know **** all about Alabi so cork it.

Boomer said:
Hugely athletic LT with great power. Weight room legend. HOUCK HAS BEEN SCOUTING HIM PERSONALY at THE TCU WORKOUT THEN MET HIM FOR LUNCH RECENTLY. Had a great junior year.

Looks like Saban has done it again!!! This guy looks amazing.... super long arms!!! Looks very thin at 310 lbs.... and he dominated in college....I don't care what the workout numbers say he may be a gem!!! I remember when I first got a look at Taylor Whitley .... I said to myself what the hell are we thinking???? He was the fattest lineman I've ever seen ....and obviously he sucks.... This guy really looks like he can develop!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/61669.html

new bob said:
wtf!!!!! F*CK!!!!!!!! that was a horrible, dumb selection. other picks were great, or ok, or questionable at best, bust f'n alabi? who??? over britt or munoz or anyone else? you can say this pick makes sense after passing over on khalif barnes. IF you pass on barnes it means you arent looking for oline help obviously, there meaning you wont go oline til late, then this sh*t happens? wow, wasted pick IMO, couldve had wilkerson or butler or everyones instant hard-on ernest shazor. wow, words cannot explain my disappointment....

cmon on new bob chill out any player drafted now is a gamble and I would bet Sabin knows a little more about than you

PhinSoldia said:
sure we all have......its when you do something wrong and the Police ask you where u were at a certain time.....thats your ALABI.....

for example.....OJ had an alabi

:lol:

ItalianDolFan said:
is there a reason we drafted Anthony Alabi over Wesley Britt??? Is there a reason we drafted an LT instead of a Center??? Is there a reason we didnt draft Shazor, Hawthorne, Wilkerson? Right now, Hawthorne is a STEAL. I hope we trade up and get another pick, and get ourselves a future DT. Hawthorne right now is a 2nd round talent STILL available in the 5th round...yet we chose some no-name Left Tackle from TCU....sure he is gigantic, but Wesley Britt woulda been better.
Britt woulda been better? You know this how? Oh, I get it. You've studied much more game tape of both players. You've conducted more extensive interviews. You conducted more complete background and medical checks.

Or...maybe you called Miss Cleo's hotline and she told you? :roflmao:

KB21 said:
Anthony Alabi:

500 lbs bench press
810 lbs squat
475 lbs power clean
36 3/4 inch arm length

His peripherals are outstanding.

I dont really like the pick but if Houck scouted him himself and really likes this kid I guess it must be for a reason.. I hope he turns out to be a good pick for us

new bob said:
Go away. Seriously

Eshlemon said:
IMO Britt, Munoz, & Willis were better OT prospects. Could he be a RG project?
In Hudson Houcks opinion you are wrong. Who to trust? HMMM. I think I might have to go with Houck. I mean after all he is an NFL O-line coach.

This was a great pick. He has excellent measureables, and the other things can be coached by Houck. Good depth on the O-line, maybe a starter somewhere down the line.

It's not a bad pick again like the Daniels one. It's just I'm getting antsy to see who's available at DT in round 7. I'm surprised I really thought for sure Wilkerson was coming after Daniels. I wouldn't be surprised though in the 7th if that's the case, but a DT at sometime would be nice...

new bob said:

LOL.

I'm so sick of people acting like they know more than Nick et al.

Don't you think that they have done their homework? Theres a reason for everything.

new bob said:

I am sure that Houck has forgotten more about OL coaching then most of us will ever learn. Houck was really into this guy. Who cares were he was rated, at this point in the draft everyone has different boards to go by. If Houck likes him then I cant complain.

just cause u havent heard of him doesnt mean he isnt any good. Were you at his workouts? Did you see him on tape? Its very unfair to make judgements based on Mel Kipers board. Just because ESPN hadnt featured him doesnt mean he wont be good for us. Theres no way to tell this guy wont be as good as Barnes. Just give it time please.

Boomer said:
Talk methrough Anthony's strengths.

Munoz? The walking hosptial room? Wilkerson with the bad back and the knee, Shzor and his 47 speed. You know **** all about Alabi so cork it.

Miami was able to select whom they felt was the best choice for them at this spot did they not? Or did some espn anti Miami ruling just get passed and they could veto the first dozen selections we take at each pick? Just checking , I may have missed that ....

Really , you think Houck and Saban took an OLineman they thought would be a poorer selection for Miami long term? Of the players left , they selected him.... I guess that is as close to an exclamation point as it gets , isn't it???

Back
Top Bottom