MERGED: Dolphins Draft Anthony Alabi 162nd | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins Draft Anthony Alabi 162nd

PERSONAL
Completed his degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Business … Would like to work for the Secret Service … Son of Tony and Edna Alabi (pronounced uh-LOB-ee) … Born Anthony Abayomi Alabi on Feb. 16, 1981, in San Antonio, Texas.

WTF!??! WTF!!!!

i personally was hoping for Wilkerson too... but think about it... Saban has seen Wilkerson every day for the past 4 years and knows him better than any scout or coach in the NFL and if he was willing to pass on Wilkerson to take Alabi, then he obviously knows something that we dont. Either something bad about Wilkerson or something great about Alabi.

Wilkerson keeps dropping mad far! i keep seeing other centers being taken instead of Wilkerson. Something has to be wrong with him that we just arnt aware of.

Ray Willis is taken and Michael Munoz is a bad injury investment. Wesley Britt, well I trust Hudson Houck when he says he'll take Alabi over Britt.

ItalianDolFan said:
is there a reason we drafted Anthony Alabi over Wesley Britt??? Is there a reason we drafted an LT instead of a Center??? Is there a reason we didnt draft Shazor, Hawthorne, Wilkerson? Right now, Hawthorne is a STEAL. I hope we trade up and get another pick, and get ourselves a future DT. Hawthorne right now is a 2nd round talent STILL available in the 5th round...yet we chose some no-name Left Tackle from TCU....sure he is gigantic, but Wesley Britt woulda been better.
Wesley Britt is injured. The centers that are left are not very good. Hawthorne is a moron, Shazor is slow, Wilkerson is also injured and not very strong or movile for a center.

painnotpleasure said:
... 500 lb bench press and a 810lb squat!!

thats about the only thing i see about him that looks good. The NFL "experts" have Wesley Britt and Munoz as top Tackles, and they were still available...thats why im disagreeing with the drafting of Anthony Alabi. Hopefully Houck can work with him...and i guess that while "promise" made by Saban to McIntosh was false. But maybe in years to come, our O-line may look like:

Alabi
James
Hadnot
Carey
McDougle

With the work of Houck, that is. I still think we need to get ourselves more picks, and pickup Shazor...unless Saban has trust in Yeremiah Bell. Or at least get Hawthorne, that guy is a good prospect. I doubt Hawthorne lasts until the 7th round, but if he does...we better get him. Poor Ben Wilkerson, 5th round and he still hasnt been drafted, even tho he was a projected Top 10 Center. Saban should also be looking at QBs...there is still White and Chang out there. Jason White was a Heisman Trophy winner...come on! lol

Britt also isn't nearly as strong as this guy is. Saban has coached against Britt for four years. If he thought he was a better player than Alabi, he would have drafted him.

I like Wilkerson, but there must be some bad medical reports on him to keep Nick from taking him. Wilkerson has the torn patellar tendon, and he's also had previous back surgery. The medical reports on him may not be as glowing as they were on Channing Crowder.

Britt is injured right now, but he was pretty durable in college, generally speaking. I like Wesley Britt, but you know if Hudson Houck says I take Anthony Alabi over Wesley Britt, who am I to say he's wrong?

Sounds alright to me. With Houck coaching him he can get rid of those negative points.

I can understand some people thinking more highly touted OL like Britt would be better. I trust Houck and if he likes this guy more than it's great by me.

What I can't understand is the people that are saying we made a mistake because we should have taken Wilkerson. Saban coached Wilkerson so if he doesn't think Wilkerson is wortha 5th round pick, how can you possibly think you know more than Saban about Wilkerson?

Alabi has great size and strength and could become a player. He has very long arms (36.5) and I think is a very good pick at this point in the draft. A better pick than Daniels, imo.

dolfan22 said:
Miami was able to select whom they felt was the best choice for them at this spot did they not? Or did some espn anti Miami ruling just get passed and they could veto the first dozen selections we take at each pick? Just checking , I may have missed that ....

Really , you think Houck and Saban took an OLineman they thought would be a poorer selection for Miami long term? Of the players left , they selected him.... I guess that is as close to an exclamation point as it gets , isn't it???

I have no idea what you are writing here, suffice to say that I like the pick.

"Nasty and looks to take out several opponents during a single snap. Quick out to the second level and removes linebackers from the play"

NASTY---anyone else seeing the trend?

BB

Back
Top Bottom