MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend

The Miami Dolphins say they hope to complete their two-week search for a coach by Saturday, and the front-runner appears to be San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.

The former Indiana coach kept his hotel room near the Dolphins' complex Thursday night after a second day of interviewing with team officials. A Dolphins spokesman said management was still weighing the candidates.

"
I can tell you with 100-percent certainty that no decision will be made today," Dolphins senior vice president Harvey Greene said Thursday evening.
"We hope to finish the process by tomorrow or Saturday at the latest."
Cameron first interviewed with the Dolphins shortly after coach Nick Saban left for Alabama on Jan. 3. Cameron became available when San Diego was eliminated from the playoffs Sunday by New England.

Other candidates still in the mix to replace Saban: Georgia Tech coach Chan Gailey, Dolphins defensive coordinator Dom Capers, former Atlanta Falcons coach Jim Mora and former Alabama coach Mike Shula, son of ex-Dolphins coach Don Shula.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/18/dolphins.coach.ap/index.html

Cam Cameron would be the absolute best choice in my opinion. He could do wonders for our recent ineptness on offense, and he's going to have plenty pf weapons at his disposal. Go get him Wayne!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

Please god hire Cameron and let's right the ship. If we get Gailey, I may freak out.

Cam Cameron would be the absolute best choice in my opinion. He could do wonders for our recent ineptness on offense, and he's going to have plenty pf weapons at his disposal. Go get him Wayne!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

You know, after considering everything, I think he is the right guy without a doubt.

After reading what the likes of Gil Brandt and others said about him, and the mentoring he got from Tom Landry, Bo Schembechler, Bobby Knight and most recently Marty Shottenheimer (One of the top five or six winningest coaches in NFL history), I really like this candidate and think he really has an NFL personality.

The only black mark that his critics bring up, is really no black mark at all, Vince Lombardi would have a losing record with the talent Indiana gets on the football side, but despite that, his Indiana team led the Big ten in rushing, and showed offensive innovation with Randell Ell.

I feel great about this hire.

just announce the coach already!!!!!!!!

Man just announce the coach already. I cant take it. Is it Gailey or Cameron. I'm starting to wonder if Gailey aint the choice

I think it depends on the hold up. If the hold up is over compensation, I think it's Cameron. If the hold up is that Wayne has to be convinced to make the hire, it's Gailey.

I think it depends on the hold up. If the hold up is over compensation, I think it's Cameron. If the hold up is that Wayne has to be convinced to make the hire, it's Gailey.

You think Cameron is making more demands than Gailey and Wayne is deciding which way he wants to go?

Phins will have acoach in 07/08

That's about it. The phins will have a coach for the 2007/08 season. Just a rumor ofcourse. Sorry, got beat for breaking news and needed to change thread.

edit- mods, we should have the option of deleting a thread if it's already been posted. Just an opinion.

I really don't know the logic that the time at which the announcement comes favors Gailey or Cameron? Somebody please enlighten me?

Cameron apparently just drove into Dolphins HQ. This deal is done I think. The announcement should be soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom