MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Dolphins hoping to name new coach by the weekend

I don't know about Cameron. This is the same guy that only gave the ball to the best football player on the planet 8 times in the 2nd half of the biggest game in franchise history!!
Will we be having this issue with Cameron not giving the ball to Ronnie enough in football games?

Interesting...I was worried when Gailey was the front runner, but this is looking pretty good. I like Cam.

I doubt it, I think this will drag into next week, why add a canidate if you know that you might not be able to interview him until after the weekend.

I don't know about Cameron. This is the same guy that only gave the ball to the best football player on the planet 8 times in the 2nd half of the biggest game in franchise history!!
Will we be having this issue with Cameron not giving the ball to Ronnie enough in football games?

Not defending Cam I'm I'm not bashing this thougt that many have. But had some of those passes been completed. Had that D-Back not fumbled the pick. Had Marty not burnt that timeout.... This guy would be prepping for the Saints game and this week would have been about how unstoppable the Bolts are.

In this day in age it would seem so unlikely that there could be a real "mystery" candidate doesn't it?

I mean it sure seems as though between the flight tracking web sites and the
"regular" media we've known where the "big 3" (Huzienga, Weidemier and Bailey) have been for the last couple of weeks or so and who've they've been talking to.

I just don't see how it's not going to be either Gailey or Cameron...

heres how i see cameron... indiana was his first run as a head coach... he had been an assistant in michigan for a while and then was with the redskins for only a few years as the QB coach and jumped right into being the head coach at indiana.... obviouly he wasn't prepared... so he struggled some... but he must have learned a lot in that time from his mistakes, and plus now hes been under marty, a great coach, for about 5 years... hes most definately picked up some tricks of the trade and watched and learned from marty on how to be a head coach... i think hed be much more prepared to run an NFL team now than he was to run a college team at indiana after only being a QB coach for a few years...

No doubt. And don't forget, Cameron played QB for Indiana. Imagine going back to your alma mater and being the head coach? Who wouldn't want to do that?

The other nice thing about Cameron is that he won't "pull a Saban" because he's already had his dream gig as HC of Indiana. Been there. Done that.

I would be happy with Cameron. He worried me a little by what I had read from his days at IU, but offensively, he'd be a huge upgrade over Mularkey at the very least.

I know Joe Rose spoke at lengths this morning on how Mora's personality is magnetic but am I the only Dolfan insulted that this guy is, not only still in the running, but in 2nd place? What da hell is WH, JB, and BW thinking?

BW- "Hey, did this guy actually say on broadcast radio that he'd leave his former team, which was in the playoff hunt, in a heartbeat to coach at his alma matter?"

JB- "Yeah but he said it with tons of personality."

WH- "Sign him up."

Im for both Cameron and Mora but im leanin toward Cam as my favorite for the job and I think he's the Dolphins favorite as well

F.Y.I. Since 1950, Indiana's football team has notched 8 victories in a single season only four times: 1979, 1987, 1988, and 1993.

Try recruiting with that history. Hmmm, wanna play football at Michigan, Ohio St, or Indiana?

Only once since 1950 did Indiana tally 9 wins in a single season. In 1967, they went 9-2 under coach John Pont and lost to USC in the Rose Bowl. Left tackle Doug Crusan was team captain.

Some of you may remember Crusan from the Fins 1972 undefeated season.

I remember him and also that Rose Bowl game they played in. The QB as I recall was a guy named Harry Gonso and his #1 receiver was Jade Butcher.

Here is an interesting little extra piece of trivia, another well known Indiana U alum was none other than Lou Saban, Nick's cousin. :eek:

And with Dom Capers locked up as our defensive coordinator, we'd be well-coached on both sides of the ball.

Good analysis, I certainly cannot fault you there. However, unless Cameron decides to mirco-manage the offense (in addition to his many, many duties as a head coach), we won't necessarily be well-coached on both sides of the ball. He will run the team as a whole, and may not be able to give the offense the intense focus it needs from him.

One thing to think about before getting too giddy about a "offensive mastermind" like Cam Cameron as the HC. His arrival may mean jack for the Fish offense. Marvin Lewis, Tony Dungy and Brian Billick are examples of HCs that didn't benefit their teams' much from their specialities.

And sadly, Cameron's the best candidate on the list.

Back
Top Bottom