Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!!

McNair is not the answer. I hope we get Brees. I think though I would still prefer McNair over Culpepper.

I guess the saving grace is we have a good backup vetern QB. I never said Frerotte was good but he is definatly a good backup. Since McNair gets injured alot this would be a good match. But I also heard McNair was staying a Titan.

I realize that. I'm not trashing Steve. But its taking snaps.... of all the jobs and responsibilities of a seasoned veteran QB, getting the ball from the center should be pretty routine. I just don't think he's the answer.

Couldnt it have been the centers fault? From what I understand a lot of them have different styles of snapping, so if you havent worked with them it would be tough to just go out there and get the snaps cleanly. McNair has no history of botched snaps with the Titans so I really wouldnt worry about it much.

you keep stuff like this on the DL...it becomes public...and the only thing this does is...make Gus lose confindence. not a good thing.

Nublar7 said:
I wouldn't mind having McNair here, IF we can't get Brees or Culpepper. If we can't land one of those guys getting McNair and then drafting a QB early may be one of the best moves we could do. However, Brees first, then Culpepper, and then McNair.

I agree, let's just hope it doesn't come to that!!

I don't want McNair.

At best he is a 1-2 year decent QB.

Maybe better than Frerotte, maybe not

I think Gus would be a better choice next year over McNair. Nothing against McNair, but he'd have to learn a new system, while at least Gus has a 1 Yr head start. Anyone will have some learning to do with a new Off Coord, but I still think Gus would be better than Steve.

I wouldn't mind having McNair here, IF we can't get Brees or Culpepper. If we can't land one of those guys getting McNair and then drafting a QB early may be one of the best moves we could do. However, Brees first, then Culpepper, and then McNair.
VERY NICELY PUT

nlp0121 said:

That's Chambers alright....

He cried when Saban called him a "decent WR", and he cried when the "TO To Miami" rumors were running wild....

I don't want to trade Chambers, but this isn't his team. He needs to stop acting like it is, and just let Saban take care of the off-season additions. The last QB I want in Miami is McNair, and maybe that's why I'm being so critical of Chambers. It makes things even worse knowing that we're merely days away from a possible jackpot signing in QB D. Brees...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
you keep stuff like this on the DL...it becomes public...and the only thing this does is...make Gus lose confindence. not a good thing.
good point, i never thought about that.

zachseau13 said:
I don't want McNair.

At best he is a 1-2 year decent QB.

Maybe better than Frerotte, maybe not

Maybe better than Frerotte? I can't believe what some of you are saying!!!! :shakeno: Look at the weapons that Steve McNair will have! NEar the end of his career in Tennessee he didn't have much.

I don't know about you all, but I think this team will be poised for a Super Bowl run at the latest in 2007. Some of you are saying that McNair has 1-2 years left. I'd gladly take that second year for a Super Bowl ring.

I think Gus would be better, but ill make you a promise. If we do get Steve, and he takes us a respectable distance into the playoffs, ill say i was with him all along :lol:

I also wish this rumor would die. I got respect for McNair and I think he has a few good years left in him. Though I would much rather get Drew Brees cuz he is an up and comer and has many years left in him. McNair is Plan B IMO. But I agree with Spurz. It definitely sucks to be Gus right now

SweetLou said:
I also wish this rumor would die. I got respect for McNair and I think he has a few good years left in him. Though I would much rather get Drew Brees cuz he is an up and comer and has many years left in him. McNair is Plan B IMO. But I agree with Spurz. It definitely sucks to be Gus right now

I wouldn't worry too much about Gus. He's been through this before. I'm sure he's used to it by now.

Back
Top Bottom