Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!!

apa64che said:
I think Gus would be better, but ill make you a promise. If we do get Steve, and he takes us a respectable distance into the playoffs, ill say i was with him all along :lol:

How would Gus be better? Do you have any reasoning behind that other than the fact that there is an injury-risk with McNair (as there is with Frerotte as well?)

culpepper - blew out his knee (3 torn ligaments)

brees - blew out his shoulder (if you don't know how serious a torn labrum is, look it up)

mcnair - hasn't played a full season in 3 years.

we are desperate, aren't we

TerryTate said:
How would Gus be better? Do you have any reasoning behind that other than the fact that there is an injury-risk with McNair (as there is with Frerotte as well?)

Not really. I don't have any concrete reasoning..... I'm just running off at the mouth :sidelol:

apa64che said:
I realize that. I'm not trashing Steve. But its taking snaps.... of all the jobs and responsibilities of a seasoned veteran QB, getting the ball from the center should be pretty routine. I just don't think he's the answer.

What game was he dropping snaps in? The PRO BOWL? Last I checked, the Titan's offensive talent wasn't near what we have. I'd take him in a heartbeat!

thecoordinator said:
culpepper - blew out his knee (3 torn ligaments)

brees - blew out his shoulder (if you don't know how serious a torn labrum is, look it up)

mcnair - hasn't played a full season in 3 years.

we are desperate, aren't we

Well, I guess we can just throw out what all the doctors have said so far!
You know, that Brees will recover to 100% and that a labrum is no where near as bad as a rotator cuff!

They must all be wrong!

Hard day for hard news?

If you throw enough crap against a wall, something will stick.

Nublar7 said:
I wouldn't mind having McNair here, IF we can't get Brees or Culpepper. If we can't land one of those guys getting McNair and then drafting a QB early may be one of the best moves we could do. However, Brees first, then Culpepper, and then McNair.
I agree..

DolphinDevil28 said:
Well, I guess we can just throw out what all the doctors have said so far!
You know, that Brees will recover to 100% and that a labrum is no where near as bad as a rotator cuff!

They must all be wrong!

a torn labrum is the worst "throwing arm" injury you can have.

http://www.slate.com/id/2100895/

Call me crazy..

Mcnair is not who I prefer...

But if he is the QB the players want....thats ok with me. Why do we fans think we know better than they?

depends on what the front office wants to do. do they want to save a draft pick and sign brees, resign gus as a back up, and keep Lemon? or do they want to sign Mcnair, draft the new face for the dolphins in the future, and keep sage? personally i havent seen that much of Brees or Mcnair to make a conclusion of what i would want. Brees is younger and could be a phin for many years and still make us a very competetive team that will make a run for playoffs. Mcnair does the same for us but is older and would only be here for 2-3 yrs tops. is there a certain qb that miami has there eye on not only in this draft but next yrs draft that would make them want to pass on Brees and wait?

BLITZKRIEG said:
So when can we trade Chambers???....

I'm getting sick and tired of him trying to play Phinz GM. Shut up already, it's not your place to make roster decisions, especially one as lame as McNair....

PHINZ RULE!!!

C'mon get over it. He simply stated he talked to McNair and "to think about coming to town". Did he say McNair had to be here because the Fins would have won the Superbowl last year? No. Did he state McNair has to be signed by the us to be a contender next year. No. There is always talk between players at the pro bowl, and any who are free agents or expected to become free agents get some interest from other players. I'm not upset at all Chambers had the oppurtunity to try to sell the Dolphins to McNair or anyone at the ProBowl. Hope he was able to talk to Bentley!

Back
Top Bottom