Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
So when can we trade Chambers???....

I'm getting sick and tired of him trying to play Phinz GM. Shut up already, it's not your place to make roster decisions, especially one as lame as McNair....

PHINZ RULE!!!

EY!! WHEN has Chambers tried to play PHINS GM?? Settle down buddy!:lolcry: WHere'd that come from? EITHER WAY, Chambers is a LEADER on this team and he can say whatever he wants to!
IF you were a football player and you saw your boy who is gonna be lookng for a new team, and your team needs a QB, you'd probably tell him something bout that. "Ey, man..Why dont you come down and play with us?"

thecoordinator said:
culpepper - blew out his knee (3 torn ligaments)

brees - blew out his shoulder (if you don't know how serious a torn labrum is, look it up)

mcnair - hasn't played a full season in 3 years.

we are desperate, aren't we
Oh man, how corect you are.

se7ensaw said:
How can you guys forget that it was only 2 years ago that Steve McNair was Co-MVP of the league with Peyton Manning. The last 2 years were not his fault. They purged a ton of talent because Tennessee was in salary cap hell, and Steve got hurt because outside of Brett Favre he took the next worst beating of any QB. You don't think Houck will make sure he is protected? I know Steve isn't what he was 5 years ago, but to say you would take Gus Frerotte over Mcnair, that is ridiculous. Obviously we all want Drew Brees, but if for some reason that doesn't work out, I don't think there is a better option. Culpepper? What has he ever done without Randy Moss. With McNair we could draft a QB, and have Steve groom him and take over. Remember McNair sat for 2 years before he ever took a snap. So if we can't get Brees, and I hope we do as much as any of you trust me, that is the direction we should go. He wouldn't eat up that big of a salary at this point in his career.

i agree on your post, but the most beating in the last few years as QB must have been david carr or patrick ramsey

PhinFan84 said:
I hate mcnair he is old and injury proned.....we need a new young gun........GOD smartin up people

Irony explodes.

No Mcnair

No no no.... this is bad. I DO NOT WANT STEVE MCNAIR here in Miami. He's old. He's broken. He can't move. If you look at him play the last two years it's like flash backs of Marino towards the end. AND I LOVE DAN MARINO, but I have no allegiance to Mcnair. NONE. It would be better to have Gus Gus back than Steve. I'm all for Brees or maybe even Daunte Culpepper, drafting a new guy and keeping Gus for another year, but I would really pass on Mcnair.

I agree, if he's only going to be here a year or two we should just keep Gus, McNair is better, but not worth the extra salary. If he comes cheaper than Gus, then I say switch.

brees or a draft qb.

thats it. why throw money at an aging mcnair who is injury prone when we can put that money at a QB 5-6 years younger than him.

don't get me wrong, I would rather have Brees or a rookie, but if we get a rookie odds are we keep a vet too.

I wouldn't mind McNair for a year or two and have Saban draft a QB to groom at the same time. If they can't get Brees, I would take McNair. He put up pretty good numbers last year for a sorry Titans team.

McNair would be a good option, we should look to get Brees and if we don't get him than we should get McNair

If we dont get Brees, we are going to draft a QB at some point no matter what. That doesnt mean that for the upcoming season we couldnt use McNair. He might be old, but an old McNair is better than an old Gus Ferrotte.

Back
Top Bottom