Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!!

If We Cant Land Brees Then I Am Open To Mcnair. If He Can Manage To Stay Healthy. Other Then That, Brees Is The Answer.

I want McNair. Obviously we still need to draft a QB because McNair is reaching the end of his career, but McNair can play for maybe 2 years with us, while whomever we draft can learn the Dolphin system and the speed of the NFL, etc. He was still able to throw for over 3,000 yards with practically no offensive weapons last year. I want to be a playoff contender this year. I don't think Ferotte can win a playoff game. McNair can.

spazzolian said:
No no no.... this is bad. I DO NOT WANT STEVE MCNAIR here in Miami. He's old. He's broken. He can't move. If you look at him play the last two years it's like flash backs of Marino towards the end. AND I LOVE DAN MARINO, but I have no allegiance to Mcnair. NONE. It would be better to have Gus Gus back than Steve. I'm all for Brees or maybe even Daunte Culpepper, drafting a new guy and keeping Gus for another year, but I would really pass on Mcnair.

:yeahthat:

The whole point of getting McNair would be having someone competant at quarterback while the rookie we draft gets ready.

Who cares if he only plays two more years... that's the point of getting him. You don't get him unless you plan to draft a youngster, too.

And he is a LOT better than Frerotte.

Also, with the exception of last year and his injury, he has played in at least 14 games and thrown at least 400 passes each of the last six years.

A lot of people here seem to think he was bad this year... probabl;y because the only time they saw him was against us.

He was signifigantly better than Gus year, and would be next year as well.

I'm all for Brees. But if we don't get him, McNair would be a great guy to groom a rookie.

McNair clearly outperformed Gus this year. No getting around that. BUT Id rather have Brees or C-Pep. If Brees or Pep isnt an option then Im fine with McNair on a 2 year deal

nopony said:
The whole point of getting McNair would be having someone competant at quarterback while the rookie we draft gets ready.

Who cares if he only plays two more years... that's the point of getting him. You don't get him unless you plan to draft a youngster, too.

Also, with the exception of last year and his injury, he has played in at least 14 games and thrown at least 400 passes each of the last six years.

A lot of people here seem to think he was bad this year... probabl;y because the only time they saw him was against us.

I'm all for Brees. But if we don't get him, McNair would be a great guy to groom a rookie.
:yeahthat:

Maynard said:
if the fins cant get brees, im fine with mcnair. also, getting mcnair doesnt mean a QB wont be drafted. he is an upgrade

Me too. McNair+Omar Jacobs in the second, would work for me.

spazzolian said:
No no no.... this is bad. I DO NOT WANT STEVE MCNAIR here in Miami. He's old. He's broken. He can't move. If you look at him play the last two years it's like flash backs of Marino towards the end. AND I LOVE DAN MARINO, but I have no allegiance to Mcnair. NONE. It would be better to have Gus Gus back than Steve. I'm all for Brees or maybe even Daunte Culpepper, drafting a new guy and keeping Gus for another year, but I would really pass on Mcnair.

I agree. I would rather have Frerrote than McNair.

nopony said:

Let start off by saying that I am not a Gus Frerotte fan. But Steve Mcnair did not "signifigantly out perform Gus last year." BUT Lets look at Numbers as it pertains to Frerotte V. McNair.
Gus thew for 2996 yards on 497 passes
Steve 3161 yards on 476 passes

Gus had 18 td, on 13 ints, Mcnair 16 v 11 ints. They are like the same guy. Yes Mcnairs QB rating was better, but in this case, if I had to chose between Getting Mcnair for a year or two, and groom some college kid in the mean time, and doing the same thing with Gus Frerotte, i would just stick with Frerotte.

finfan32 said:
gus is a millionaire, there is nothing sucky about his life.

I said that b/c if this report is true, then his teammates are basically saying he isn't good enough to be our QB, so get the flip out of here.

Nothing I said had anything to do with money :cooldude:

i can tell you exactly what would happen if we signed mcnair, we would start off great, maybe like 7-2 or something and then mcnair would get injured for the rest of the season and then booom, there goes our season...just the dolphins luck

DiehardPhinsFan said:
i can tell you exactly what would happen if we signed mcnair, we would start off great, maybe like 7-2 or something and then mcnair would get injured for the rest of the season and then booom, there goes our season...just the dolphins luck

you never know that could be enough time for our young guy to step in and play great!!!

here's to hoping! :D

spazzolian said:
Let start off by saying that I am not a Gus Frerotte fan. But Steve Mcnair did not "signifigantly out perform Gus last year." BUT Lets look at Numbers as it pertains to Frerotte V. McNair.
Gus thew for 2996 yards on 497 passes
Steve 3161 yards on 476 passes

Gus had 18 td, on 13 ints, Mcnair 16 v 11 ints. They are like the same guy. Yes Mcnairs QB rating was better, but in this case, if I had to chose between Getting Mcnair for a year or two, and groom some college kid in the mean time, and doing the same thing with Gus Frerotte, i would just stick with Frerotte.

How do you look at those numbers and think they are the same guy?

McNair threw for a 150 more yards on 21 fewer attempts? That's a big difference right there. Think about it... you get 150 free yards PLUS 21 free carries by Ronnie or Ricky? That's enough to change games right there.

He completed almost of full TEN PERCENT of his passes more than Frerotte.

Why on earth would you stick with Frerotte? I mean, he's terrible. McNair is not terrible. I don't see how that is a hard choice at all.

death7star said:
omar jacobs....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

lets get a real QB in here.

What makes you so sure that Omar Jacobs can't do the job at QB? Are you an expert or something? They were probably saying that about Tom Brady when he was drafted in the 6th round too. You just never know.

Back
Top Bottom