Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Players Trying To Recruit McNair/ No Mcnair!!

Miamibyrd_24 said:
Don't Bring the Old Man here please, I thought we were trying to build for the future. I rather see us draft, a young QB and groom him in 1 or 2 years. This will be a mistake bringing this guy here, yeah a mistake!!!

Who said we wouldn't build for the future? How would having McNair for a couple of seasons stop us from grooming a young QB?

Miamibyrd_24 said:
Don't Bring the Old Man here please, I thought we were trying to build for the future. I rather see us draft, a young QB and groom him in 1 or 2 years. This will be a mistake bringing this guy here, yeah a mistake!!!

That's the whole point of bringing him here... to groom a young guy.

I also say NOOOO to McNair. We need a younger guy like Brees. McNair would have been great for us five years ago, but not today.

With our O-Line troubles as soon as he get hit, and is out for the season with with a brused pinky toe, everyone is going to wish we hadn't wasted our time with this guy.

Yeah , my question is what right does a player have to talk to another player about coming to Miami. They have no decision making rights. Who does any player think he is telling another player to come to Miami. Unless, Saban specifically said to do so. I would also find that hard to believe also. Hey Chris, when You are at the pro bowl, go to Mcnair and say hey Steve, come to Miami, we want you down there. This all seems so child-like BS!

Yeah I dont think, or Hope Saban would put his players up this. Players will take it upon themselves to say what they want, just as R. Lewis did with T.O. a couple of years back.

Miamibyrd_24 said:
With our O-Line troubles as soon as he get hit, and is out for the season with with a brused pinky toe, everyone is going to wish we hadn't wasted our time with this guy.
Yeah, one of the toughest QB's in the league out with a bruised toe. Look at Tennesee's line last year. It was way worse than Miami's. I would be just fine with McNair for a year, if we couldn't land Brees for some reason.

our main goal has to be to try and get brees and if that plan fails we should go for mcnair and draft a young qb like brodie croyle in the second round...if so many players like chambers want mcnair down here then theres an obvious reason..he could really connect with this team, we're not the ones playing out on the field the players are and if they have confidence in mcnair then we will see positive results

Roman529 said:
I also say NOOOO to McNair. We need a younger guy like Brees. McNair would have been great for us five years ago, but not today.

I totally agree with you dude, McNair's done, I saw him at the Pro Bowl and he can't move at all, Brees is my top option

why do some of you think your opinions are more important than the players and the coaches? if saban and chambers want president bush to be the qb, thats who should be our qb

I don't see the problem with bringing in McNair so long as all the facilities the Dolphins offer him are wheelchair accessible.

if we dont get brees then mcnair is a great quarterback to help groom a rookie, he's been around so long and knows a lot about the game, he's a very smart guy and a former mvp, idc if hes old if we dont get brees have mcnair and a rookie compete 4 the starting job

by the way, isnt it great we have this many options for quarterback, next seasons gonna be awsome

Some peope here have the mistaken idea that we will sign McNair to a 7 year deal. We could sign him for 2 years while we develop a young QB. You really cant argue that Gus is the same as him because he put up much better stats with a far worse team

hmmmm... i dunno... 2 years younger than Frerrotte... better numbers last year, on a much worse team... much better completion percentage.....
tough, can run... cannon arm...

i'd take him for a modest contract for a year or two and let Frerotte go...sure...

Back
Top Bottom