MERGED: Dolphins Sign Brent Grimes | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins Sign Brent Grimes

Good news. Good corner if he can regain form coming off the Achilles tear. Of course that's a pretty big IF because he's a smaller guy that always made his living off being faster and more explosive than everyone else and speed/explosiveness are exactly what an Achilles tear saps. But the character traits that made him into the corner he became will also avail him in the rehab effort, so there's a chance.

But, but, but, but we signed him! That automatically means he's gonna be amaze-balls!

So until things change our most experienced corners are a guy coming off severe back issues and another who just tore his acihlles tendon (who also has had previous knee issues). Can't say I'm psyched at all.

I personally really wish we'd stay away from these injury reclamation projects.

It's a double edged sword. The guys out there who are cheap and aren't injury reclamation projects generally suck. It's a risk worth taking, imo, assuming you go into it with your eyes open and having done your homework. I'm not opposed to taking Tank Carradine in the first, either, though I prefer Austin and think he'll be the pick.

Great signing but not sure why so many want to dump Patterson so quickly.

But, but, but, but we signed him! That automatically means he's gonna be amaze-balls!

So until things change our most experienced corners are a guy coming off severe back issues and another who just tore his acihlles tendon (who also has had previous knee issues). Can't say I'm psyched at all.

No guts no glory. Seriously, what do we have to lose? We have more of a chance of being a better team with a healthy grimes than not having him here.

Im not fussed about Winston, I can take him or leave him.... but if we pick him up as a stopgap, we really could draft BPA, BPA, BPA, BPA......

This is what we should be doing regardless, I believe the draft should always be BPA. If BPA happens to be a need great if not, it will still serve it's greater purpose, which is to have a football team with the best group of players possible.

Great signing but not sure why so many want to dump Patterson so quickly.

He's got a fairly large cap number that we're not on the hook for since we grabbed him off waivers.

I think the team maybe asks him to take a pay cut or restructure, personally. The cornerback market is weak enough that he would be a damn fool not to.

Grimes is a playmaking baller. Immediately becomes the best corner on the team is he's near 100% from his injury. Dumping Sean Smith or this guy is an upgrade as well. If this guy plays anything like his pre-injury form, we'll be trying to sign him to a deal in season.

Are we sure he knows Ireland is still our GM? I heard no FA's want to play there because Ireland sux so bad!!!

Id much rather gamble on a player that has proven to be very good but coming off an injury than to roll the dice on the league's scrap heap like we have tended to do in the past. Theres a much better return on the investment in general.

He's got a fairly large cap number that we're not on the hook for since we grabbed him off waivers.

I think the team maybe asks him to take a pay cut or restructure, personally. The cornerback market is weak enough that he would be a damn fool not to.

Yes I agree with the pay cut but not just dumping him for the sake of dumping him.

There is a winning cycle that needs to happen in football and it looks like it is going to work perfect for us.
1. If you have a good offense it helps the defense out by keeping them off of the field and they are not dead tired in the 4th. CHECK
2. Good corners. HALF CHECK. We will try to get another good one in the draft.
3. Good pass rushers. 3/4 CHECK. Wake on one side, Veron looked good as a rook but we need to add another good one. If we can get more pass rush it will help our secondary out even more.

Im very excited to be a Dolphin Fan

This is good news. There will be a run on the rest of the good CB's in the top of the 2nd round.

Back
Top Bottom