MERGED: Dolphins Sign Brent Grimes | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins Sign Brent Grimes

Wow im starting to think 2 things

1) Ireland is all in for one winning year
2) I think we are drafting a LT in the first round again this year. Probably a CB and DE in the second and TE and either CB or WR in the third. But i think its going to be another safe Oline pick for Ireland this year.

1. Ireland said this is a 3 year financial plan. Either way, if we flop again, he wont be here two see the remaining two.
2. Jeff Ireland says the Dolphins plan to draft "core positions" next month -- expensive positions that would cost a lot of money to fill in free agency -- and develop those players within. "There is strength in core positions. Pass rushers, tackles, receivers, corners," Ireland said Wednesday, according to Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel. "I like drafting when the core position meets a need, and it meets the grade."

if danell ellerbe and/or phillip wheeler have more of a knack for creating turnovers than karlos dansby and kevin burnett, respectively, brent grimes gets healthy, reshad jones just naturally improves, i can really see our takeaway numbers increase this season.

someone said it earlier in the offseason, but it bears repeating: jeff ireland, still going HAM!

if danell ellerbe and/or phillip wheeler have more of a knack for creating turnovers than karlos dansby and kevin burnett, respectively, brent grimes gets healthy, reshad jones just naturally improves, i can really see our takeaway numbers increase this season.

someone said it earlier in the offseason, but it bears repeating: jeff ireland, still going HAM!

we got ellerbe because of his knack for turnovers last season

He reminds me of courtland finnegan..veteran corner better than a rookie corner anyday!

But, but, but, but we signed him! That automatically means he's gonna be amaze-balls!

So until things change our most experienced corners are a guy coming off severe back issues and another who just tore his acihlles tendon (who also has had previous knee issues). Can't say I'm psyched at all.

I personally really wish we'd stay away from these injury reclamation projects.

Yet the media, and probably yourself, will sing TB's praises if they trade a first, second and more for another QB, this one a me-first diva with a history of holding his team up for ransom, signing him for more than twice what Grimes will be making, and coincidentally also coming off an ACL injury, eh?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Because I have Finheaven :d-day:

a doc who can't multi-task will never make it through the internships :idk:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ireland became a GM at just 36 years old. He was afforded something that must don't get, which is 6 years on the job. Especially, in this microwave generation. But looking at history, most GM's that stay with their organization for that extended time period, their teams normally make a big jump within that 5 or 6 year window. Some a lot sooner. Looking back at all the past mistakes, it's good to finally have stability at the GM position. And this upcoming season will be the first time since 03 that we have no turnover, from our Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator and starting QB. That doesn't guaranteed anything, but at least we can say were not starting behind the 8-ball as usual.

He Ireland became a GM at just 36 years old. He was afforded something that must don't get, which is 6 years on the job. Especially, in this microwave generation. But looking at past history, most GM's that remain with their organization for that extended time period, their teams normally make a big jump within that 5 or 6 year window. Some a lot sooner. Looking back at all the past mistakes, it's good to finally have stability at the GM position. And this upcoming season will be the first time since 03 that we have no turnover, from our Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator and starting QB. That doesn't guaranteed anything, but at least we can say were not starting behind the 8-ball as usual.

Yell Playmaker just for old times sake. C'mon c'mon.

Back
Top Bottom