MERGED: Dolphins Sign Brent Grimes | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins Sign Brent Grimes

i'm thinking because of this move, we will either take Tavon Austin, or move down with Rams/Vikings, who will take Tavon, and we net our selves another early pick

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

i'm thinking because of this move, we will either take Tavon Austin, or move down with Rams/Vikings, who will take Tavon, and we net our selves another early pick, then take BPA.

Atlanta fans REALLY seem to like Grimes

They do like him. He's a solid corner "if" healthy.

A lot of players aren't the same after an achilles tear. Wondering if the Falcons know something the Dolphins don't.

This is a move even I can agree with. If Grimes recovers fully from his injury, he is one of the best corners in the league and is a "playmaker." He will make all the Davis and Smith lovers completely forget them now that we have a real corner.

On the other hand, this is an Ireland move, so he probably is still hurt and this will fail...

Do you ever listen to yourself sometimes? Jeez. :bobdole:

There is a winning cycle that needs to happen in football and it looks like it is going to work perfect for us.
1. If you have a good offense it helps the defense out by keeping them off of the field and they are not dead tired in the 4th. CHECK
2. Good corners. HALF CHECK. We will try to get another good one in the draft.
3. Good pass rushers. 3/4 CHECK. Wake on one side, Veron looked good as a rook but we need to add another good one. If we can get more pass rush it will help our secondary out even more.

Im very excited to be a Dolphin Fan

You also need an OL....you have 2/5 a check there...far from a good OL...

I'm so happy we got this guy, we just got a play maker at corner, he's gonna play his butt off for a new contract too!

Only in that parallel dimension you call your mind. Got anymore superlatives for me? You know, when you want to attack people at least try to use something they said, not something you made up to try earn more comedic points.

I've not said one word about Revis and nor would I ever applaud any move for the guy at this stage. Anyone acquiring him is getting him on the fall, not the rise. By the way, Grimes tore his achilles not his ACL.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I was distracted by all the white noise you dust up. It doesn't look like in the last 40-50 posts you had one positive comment; hell you're criticizing me and even told a poster who disagreed with a hack's opinon that we're losers in the draft "to grow a sack" Me bad, I should have known better than to even waste my time.

Tempering my expectations with this one, history reads that players coming back from Achilles surgeries drop in performance....still a good signing, and the last FA I really wanted us to nab. Time to see how he plays!

In my opinion, this pick up is with the playoffs in mind.

With the nature of that injury, the best the Phins can hope for is a gradual increasing of playing time for Grimes... up until crunch time of the year, and potentially in playoffs.

Until then, his genius will be in what he adds to game preparation, both in on field system practice and instruction in other DBs.

There is no way that Ireland and Philbin can be expecting Grimes to start from Game One with any high level of his former explosion and quickness. To me that says, "Playoffs" and "Crunch Time."

LD

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA! LOVE the signing. Hope he's ready to play/

Back
Top Bottom