MERGED: Dolphins Sign Brent Grimes | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins Sign Brent Grimes

Put simply, the Dolphins got Brent Grimes -- one of the league’s better corners.

Years back, a injury that severe was career-threatening. But there have been great advances in sports medicine, best exemplified by Terrell Suggs’ return to the field five months after having his ruptured Achilles repaired.

Grimes said he was encouraged by both Suggs and the speedy return of Bengals corner Leon Hall, who started 14 games in 2012, a year after tearing his Achilles.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/30/3314873/ex-falcon-cornerback-brent-grimes.html

Was a little skeptical of this signing when they were working on it.
I live in Atlanta and as much as the Falcons need help in the secondary, they were
never really in the mix for him.
I thought maybe they knew something more about the recovery time on his injury.
He made $10 mil last year with the Falcons.
Maybe that was part of it.
For $5.5 mil, $ 3 mil guaranteed, I think it is a good signing.
Even if he is only up to speed in the second half of the year.

Years back, a injury that severe was career-threatening. But there have been great advances in sports medicine, best exemplified by Terrell Suggs’ return to the field five months after having his ruptured Achilles repaired.

Grimes said he was encouraged by both Suggs and the speedy return of Bengals corner Leon Hall, who started 14 games in 2012, a year after tearing his Achilles.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/30/3314873/ex-falcon-cornerback-brent-grimes.html

Yeremiah Bell is another player who came back from a ruptured achilles to perform as well if not better than they did before the injury.

I'm convinced now that there's about a 20% chance we pick at 12. With the amount of picks we have we are moving up or if that fails trading down.

I'm convinced now that there's about a 20% chance we pick at 12. With the amount of picks we have we are moving up or if that fails trading down.

I would love if we traded down to 15-20 and pick up another 3 rd or 4th rounder

Im not fussed about Winston, I can take him or leave him.... but if we pick him up as a stopgap, we really could draft BPA, BPA, BPA, BPA......

that would be awesome. or we could even leverage some of those 11 picks we have and (gasp) move up to nab a high value target in the late first round after our first pick. the possibilities are endless.

Brent is:

fmto39-1.jpg

I believe he'll transform after injury just fine!

Maybe you're right. Maybe I was distracted by all the white noise you dust up. It doesn't look like in the last 40-50 posts you had one positive comment; hell you're criticizing me and even told a poster who disagreed with a hack's opinon that we're losers in the draft "to grow a sack" Me bad, I should have known better than to even waste my time.

Says the man rarely criticizing anything these days.

You're damn right I told that guy to grow a sack. I will never understand why anyone wastes their time getting so bent out of shape when it comes to how the media "ranks" our team or our offseason moves. Especially before one down of football has even been played. If you're one of those people, then don't come talking to me about white noise.

Intriguing. Things get pruned around here. Anyway, just trying to be helpful.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superlative#section_1

Love the Grimes signing, and it baffles me that some are completely incapable of separating this from past transactions and viewing it for what it is in an unbiased manner. It is a high reward, low risk signing at an area of need.

Back
Top Bottom