merged: Dolphins sign Kay Jay Harris | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: Dolphins sign Kay Jay Harris

texasPHINSfan said:
keith, you think ricky is coming back? and if so, what does that do to our RB situation then?

If Ricky comes back, thats a good thing. So when Ronnie gets lambasted by Al Wilson week 1, we got backup. Ronnie will get a taste of NFL LB's, week 1. See how he likes trying to run at a LB then.

BIO: Second-team All-Conference selection as a senior after leading the Mountaineers on the ground with 140/825/9 while adding 16/131/2 catching the ball. Junior numbers included 91/524/4 when he also averaged 20.7 yards on 18 kick returns. Played minor league baseball in the Texas Rangers organization before entering West Virginia and will be 28 years old before draft day.

POSITIVES: Well-sized interior ballcarrier who can handle the load. Patient back who sees the field, finds the hole, then breaks several tackles during a single hand off. Drives up the field, tough to bring down, and falls forward when tackled, picking up extra yardage. Possesses a burst of speed, relatively quick footed and wedges through the small openings in the defense. Aggressively puts his shoulders into opponents and delivers punishing blows. Adequate speed and agility around tackle. Displays good hands out of the backfield, extending to catch the pass away from his frame.

NEGATIVES: Wastes a lot of motion and not an efficient, streamlined runner. Does not display the ability to change direction or cut back running full speed. Cannot create and not an elusive runner. Suffered fumbling problems as a senior. Struggled with minor nicks and bruises the past two seasons.

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding size/speed numbers for the next level and showing flashes of dominance carrying the ball, Harris is a prospect worthy of being a top-45 choice at face value. Yet when taking into consideration his injury history and age, he sits as a late first day choice best suited in a system that rotates ballcarriers.

PROJECTION: Mid Third Round

LithoMan said:
If Ricky comes back, thats a good thing. So when Ronnie gets lambasted by Al Wilson week 1, we got backup. Ronnie will get a taste of NFL LB's, week 1. See how he likes trying to run at a LB then.
if ricky comes back, he cannot play till week 5 though (4 game suspension).

I don't believe Ricky will come back.

This guy is 243 lbs and ran a 4.5 damn!!! Fullback??

Strengths: Excellent size...Good speed for a man as big as he is...Very productive when healthy...Excellent natural athletic ability...Shows good vision and patience...Runs hard and isn't afraid of contact...Still has a ton of upside.
Weaknesses: Older than the average prospect...Had a lot of injury problems so durability is a major concern...Only started for one year after backing up Quincy Wilson in 2003...Runs too high and leaves himself open to big hits...Not very shifty and won't make people miss...Needs to improve as a blocker and receiver...Raw and inexperienced.

He was in the minor leagues in baseball for four years...dude is like fifty ha

mjwenz said:
Why would he keep getting RB's if he thought Ricky was coming back. Oh yeah, because Ricky won't be coming back.

Thank you.

If he does, he won't be playing for Miami.

Exactly...can we now rest the rumors of Ricky? or should we sign 15 more running backs?

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/profile.cfm?id=100589&sport=football

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/rb/kayjayharris.html

clear.gif
clear.gif
16487_ec24090603JPG-1.jpg
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2003-10-23/1023wvu2-b.jpg

Wow if we landed Kay-Jay that would help make for a ridiculous backfield. The guy is huge at 6ft 245. Some of the draft trackers had him being converted to a fullback in the NFL and SI had him drafted by the 3rd round. The downside is he is already 26, and i think that scared a lot of teams away from drafting him. Plus he had limited play at WVU cause of injuries, but what a one two punch that would make for our running team if he pans out. And I mean could you imagine him blocking for Ronnie Brown, that'd spell R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S for our running attack I think.

We will most likely carry 3 RBs and 2 FBs. Brown and Gordon are locks for the RB spot. I would say Evans and Morris are locked for the FB spots(though Morris will be used more as a RB). That final RB spot will be fun to watch Minor and Harris compete.

LithoMan said:

You suck..

Harris is a Tampa native.

I love it when Florida guys are on the roster, regardless of whether they make it or not.

Back
Top Bottom