[MERGED] Dolphins to "Heavily Pursue Asante Samuel" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins to "Heavily Pursue Asante Samuel"

heres the issue
samuals is a great cover 2 corner the jump routs well with the blitz. He is kenny Rodgers out there (he gambles) and it will hurt you sooner or later. He can play man 2 man but that is by far not his strong point.
He is overrated by far and he will be just another player from the long list of them from NE that played well there and then tried to take those skills to another team and flop ----Becasue it is a system that they run.

LET NO get him
stay away.

I'd rather spend the money on Faneca and/or Adams before Samuels...but that's the market. I also don't think this is the way that Tunaland wants to build this team, so I don't see us going after him...but imagine if Saban were still here ?? I think it would be a foregone conclusion by now in that case...

Apparently we are one of three tems who will be very aggressive in bringing him in, along with the Jets, and the Bengals"

This comes from a very reliable source who works at an organisation that has come through MANY times in the past. What's interesting is that a) Philly haven't been mentioned as there have been rumours about the parameters of a $55 million deal already being in place and that b) Cincy are involved considering they spent heavily on Joseph and Leon Hall, although there are continuing off field concerns over Joseph.

I have done before and will say again, that Samuel comes with a buyer beware label. He isn't an elite NFL CB. He's not in the same class as Nnamdi Asomugha and Marcus Trufant and Rashean Mathis and Ike Taylor and Champ Bailey and Leigh Bodden, etc. He's a good player in a suitable system. I hope that we don't enter a bidding war, especially considering how deep the CB talent pool is in the draft.

I'd rather bring in Surtain back for the veteran leadership and draft a young CB that can learn from the better CB's in the league as Patrick is. Just my two cents.

I'll believe it when I see it. Either this team is very good on not leaking info out or they really aren't going to be very active this season.

keep in mind that our defense will most likely be similar to New England's. In that case Samuel would be a great fit. I really hope we can get him without breaking the bank.

way overrated. totally benefits from NE's system and the talent around him. needs good safeties to jump routes and get picks, and we aren't there yet. parcells is smarter than that - draft.

I hope we don't sign him or if we do, we don't spend mega money on him. He is very overated.

I think he signs with Tampa Bay. They run the same kind of D as the pats.

He really isn't. Hall would fall into the "overrated category" when grading NFL corners.

your opinion.
i think Hall is the shut down corner that Miami needs. Asante is a product of the NE system.
he will bring the "swagger" that is needed to play DB. be ****y, have an ego. play your game cause you KNOW your THAT good.

ala, Primetime of years ago..no no, relax i'm not comparing the two just saying...

your opinion.
i think Hall is the shut down corner that Miami needs. Asante is a product of the NE system.
he will bring the "swagger" that is needed to play DB. be ****y, have an ego. play your game cause you KNOW your THAT good.

ala, Primetime of years ago..no no, relax i'm not comparing the two just saying...

Actually it's the opinion of a lot of people within the league.

There is such a thing as too much of an ego and that could get him into trouble.

I thought he was signing with the Saints?

"But internet reports that the Saints are the "front-runners" to land Samuel don't appear to be accurate.

League sources have disputed those reports, one of which characterized Samuel to the Saints as a "done deal."

The Saints have some money to spend in free agency, as they are approximately $30 million under the salary cap. But they still need to plug three or four new players into the starting lineup. And they need to save money for long-term contract extensions with defensive end Will Smith, receiver Marques Colston and guard Jahri Evans".

From NOLA.

Since we didn't get Asomugha or Trufant, I'd rather draft a CB than pay Samuel 10 million a year

Back
Top Bottom