[MERGED] Dolphins to "Heavily Pursue Asante Samuel" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins to "Heavily Pursue Asante Samuel"

Seriously, if you're of the thinking that Hall is a better option than Samuel then you simply do not watch enough football. Hall is easily one of the most overrated CBs in the league. Samuel is, by a decent margin, a much better option at the position. Hall gets abused by top-tier WRs frequently.. it's not even debatable, plus he can become a cancer in the locker room if things don't go his way. I would sign Samuel before trading for Hall any day of the week.

boomer,

is your opinion of Samuel drawn from the fact that he is a bit undersized?

also, wouldn't he be asked to do the same things here that he was asked to do in NE? If I can see us resembling any other team defensively, it would be the Patriots.

I agree, id rather have Hall than Samuel.

We could have Hall and Samuel, Hall involved in a possible trade with the falcons for #1 pick and Samuel via free agency; it should be a very explosive combo like madison-surtain

Seriously, if you're of the thinking that Hall is a better option than Samuel then you simply do not watch enough football. Hall is easily one of the most overrated CBs in the league. Samuel is, by a decent margin, a much better option at the position. Hall gets abused by top-tier WRs frequently.. it's not even debatable, plus he can become a cancer in the locker room if things don't go his way. I would sign Samuel before trading for Hall any day of the week.

On the flip side, there are a lot of people that watch more football than you and me that say buyer beware with Samuel, That he is more a product of the system than people want to believe.

I agree Hall can become a cancer, but I'm not all that sold on spending big bucks on a guy, that maybe just a product of the NE system.

I would rather draft a young CB in the draft than trade a pick away for Hall and spend big bucks on Samuel.

We could have Hall and Samuel, Hall involved in a possible trade with the falcons for #1 pick and Samuel via free agency; it should be a very explosive combo like madison-surtain

Theyre both going to command HUGE salaries regardless of how we get them. If we get both you can rest assured Hall will hold out for a samuels liek contract. Then we will have like 200 million dollars tied up in 2 positions. No thanks. The theory is good, but the reality of it says it will never happen

with guys like mckelvin, rodgers-cromartie, and talib the draft is certainly the way to go for a CB. while both are pretty good players, both have too many question marks to warrant whatever insane salary they would get. draft, baby.

On the flip side, there are a lot of people that watch more football than you and me that say buyer beware with Samuel, That he is more a product of the system than people want to believe.

I agree Hall can become a cancer, but I'm not all that sold on spending big bucks on a guy, that maybe just a product of the NE system.

I would rather draft a young CB in the draft than trade a pick away for Hall and spend big bucks on Samuel.

Agree with everything you said. Especially Samuels being a system guy

Anyone saying "pass", or "I dont want him" is flat out nuts.

We need talent everywhere. A shutdown CB is a key component of a good defense, especially one that might lack talent elsewhere. As for the debate of whether he really is a shutdown guy or not, I'll leave that for Parcells and Ireland to decide. But if he comes here, no doubt, we should all be tickled with joy. No question about it.

Anyone saying "pass", or "I dont want him" is flat out nuts.

We need talent everywhere. A shutdown CB is a key component of a good defense, especially one that might lack talent elsewhere. As for the debate of whether he really is a shutdown guy or not, I'll leave that for Parcells and Ireland to decide. But if he comes here, no doubt, we should all be tickled with joy. No question about it.

Ill take him... For 50 million at the most

so what will he be asked to do in our system that he wasnt asked to do in NE?

it's not that. samuels jumps plays like crazy there b/c he has that scheme and safety help. he would be more of a pure cover corner here, which doesn't suit him. he needs mad talent around him to be successful.

Apparently we are one of three tems who will be very aggressive in bringing him in, along with the Jets, and the Bengals"

This comes from a very reliable source who works at an organisation that has come through MANY times in the past. What's interesting is that a) Philly haven't been mentioned as there have been rumours about the parameters of a $55 million deal already being in place and that b) Cincy are involved considering they spent heavily on Joseph and Leon Hall, although there are continuing off field concerns over Joseph.

I have done before and will say again, that Samuel comes with a buyer beware label. He isn't an elite NFL CB. He's not in the same class as Nnamdi Asomugha and Marcus Trufant and Rashean Mathis and Ike Taylor and Champ Bailey and Leigh Bodden, etc. He's a good player in a suitable system. I hope that we don't enter a bidding war, especially considering how deep the CB talent pool is in the draft.

ya same here. I'm not a big fan of his. Trufant and Asomugha were a diff story tho :( too bad they got tagged

Back
Top Bottom