Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

how many years did James Harrison play 0 games?

James Harrison? You have me confused. James Harrison the LB? or is there another one? What does a LB have to do with having a backup center? Satele can be used as a guard and be a proven backup should Grove get hurt. Who would be Grove's competition in camp if we trade Satele?

ostrich_head_in_ground_full-1.jpg

what does one NFL player have to do with another?

James Harrison? You have me confused. James Harrison the LB? or is there another one? What does a LB have to do with having a backup center? Satele can be used as a guard and be a proven backup should Grove get hurt. Who would be Grove's competition in camp if we trade Satele?

Proven? he has proven that he isnt strong enough. Im not saying im not ok with keeping him as a b/u. I would not toot his horn like we got two starter level C's and he isnt replacable. Depth in our OLine is a nice luxary and I am not against it but if we can fill a need in our starting line up by trading him, I am more in favor of that.

Why does Grove need competition to play good football? Also if Satele was legimate competition we would of not signed Grove for the money that we did.

I agree, they could let him compete for guard opposite Smiley. even if he doesn't start, you can keep him for depth. chances are, he'll play at some point during the season. if he builds some strength, maybe he can help.
however, if it's true that he is good just not not a proper fit and never will be, then it's best to trade him for what you can get.
everyone saw him play hurt along side backups so I don't think he would be written off so easily. someone would want him and I think they could get better than 5th round pick.

Minnesota not only lost Birk but Childress has said he wants to bring another QB into camp.

Minnesota would also have nothing to lose really in trading places with the Dolphins in the 1st round as they don't share the same interests in draft picks with either of the two teams between us.

I could see Satele and Beck and maybe our 5th and 7th for Minnesota's 2nd rounder and trade places in the 1st round. That way the Dolphins will pick ahead of NE in the 1st round.

I could see that too if I were on the same LSD that you were when you saw it.

There is no way in hell a team would give us a 2nd for those 2 players, much less swap first round picks with us as well. Perhaps we could package those guys for a 5th.

So then we go and spend money on another QB? Penny made it through last season, but has been injury prone through out his career. Why get rid of Beck who already knows the O? Why upset a good QB situation?

He knows the O? How do you know? Have you seen him run it? And if you have seen him run it, were you convinced he knows it when watching?

On top of that, even if he knows the offense, has he suddenly become capable of holding on to the football when not trying to throw it? Better yet, can he now receive the snap 60 times without dropping it twice? If he can now do those 2 things, can he actually execute a throw without it going straight up in the air, end over end, and fall right into the lap of a Bills linebacker for a TD? Hell I know the offense pretty well, but I sure as hell couldnt execute it in the league. Neither can John Beck last time I checked.

Finally, removing Beck in no way upsets our QB situation at all. We have Pennington starting and Henne to back him up. Behind Henne we have an emergency QB(Ronnie maybe, hopefully Pat White soon) and should Pennington go down for the year we sign a vet to back him up. Thats the situation whether Beck is on the roster or not. And dont say it isnt because Beck isnt active for games.

The one thing I will agree with you on is we do indeed have a good QB situation.

He knows the O? How do you know? Have you seen him run it? And if you have seen him run it, were you convinced he knows it when watching?

On top of that, even if he knows the offense, has he suddenly become capable of holding on to the football when not trying to throw it? Better yet, can he now receive the snap 60 times without dropping it twice? If he can now do those 2 things, can he actually execute a throw without it going straight up in the air, end over end, and fall right into the lap of a Bills linebacker for a TD? Hell I know the offense pretty well, but I sure as hell couldnt execute it in the league. Neither can John Beck last time I checked.

Finally, removing Beck in no way upsets our QB situation at all. We have Pennington starting and Henne to back him up. Behind Henne we have an emergency QB(Ronnie maybe, hopefully Pat White soon) and should Pennington go down for the year we sign a vet to back him up. Thats the situation whether Beck is on the roster or not. And dont say it isnt because Beck isnt active for games.

The one thing I will agree with you on is we do indeed have a good QB situation.

I agree how can some people one moment say we should get rid of a backup o linemen but go crazy if someone suggest that we get rid of a third string qb?

Come on guys, are we seriously doing this again? This is not a Beck thread. Lets not make it one.

Probably because I can read, and did read the multiple articles about Penny, Henne, and Becks QB sessions.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO a center who start 32/32 games in his first 2 years can bring us at least a 3rd rounder. But It's just me...

to you he is

he doesn't fit our scheme and he isn't that good

get real

last time i checked, teams don't trade players to themselves, so it doesn't matter at all wether he fits or not our scheme, some teams would be willing to give a 3rd rounder for a young and upcoming center like satele

i don't foresee it one bit though, for the simple reason that teams who looked for centers got served in free agency, and the draft is full of them for those remaining, so trading satele right now is the worst timing, as our leverage is as low as it possibly could be (add the injury satele just had to the factors going against us)

... btw, i find it funny how ppl said in 2007-8 " hey man we found our center for the next 10 years" and now, all of a sudden, he doesn't fit our scheme. Satele played with journeymen on his right and left for almost the entire season, it is known for a fact that satele is not the kind of center parcells wants, but they never ever said they didn't like him as a football player.

i'll be watching you, if satele performs well at guard, don't you come out here to brag about how much you like him. "part-time" fans suck

IMO a center who start 32/32 games in his first 2 years can bring us at least a 3rd rounder. But It's just me...

Plus he was injured, and played through it. Why give up a 2nd round pic, who has proven to be a player up for peanuts?

Yeah, real nice guys trade satele. This must be a joke, our interior lineman are very injury prone. Grove,SMiley and thomas are injury prone. Thomas only played one game so he has not proved he is that great.

Back
Top Bottom