Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

I see how this goes we trade Satele for a low pick. Grove has another micro fracture knee surgery and his career is over while Satele goes on to multiple Pro Bowls! :oops:

I could see that too if I were on the same LSD that you were when you saw it.

There is no way in hell a team would give us a 2nd for those 2 players, much less swap first round picks with us as well. Perhaps we could package those guys for a 5th.

Whoa dude, relax, problems at home or what?

Look, not only are these two quality players, but if you look closely at the situation the trade is perfect and may turn out to be a Godsend to the Vikes.

Sage Rosenfels......John David Booty........Tarvaris Jackson

Are you kidding me?

Rosenfels is a career backup and is known for being as inconsistent as water. He looks great one minute and the next he is blowing the game.
Story of his life and at this stage he isn't going to change.

Tarvaris Jackson has already failed twice.

Booty?? He wasn't even good in college.

Beck, with a couple of years NFL exposure would stand a very good chance of becoming the Vikings starting QB.

You see the Vikings have a great OL. They also have a great running game. So Beck, known for his accuracy would have every advantage and his competion mediocre.

How much is an NFL starting QB worth? A lot more than the value of this proposed trade.

Not only that IMO, Satele will be very good C/OG in the right system and with a healed labrum. I think he has serious value, especially considering he has two years experience and yet at the same time would come at a very low cap number.

Not only that a 5th and 7th round draft pick are nothing to sneeze at. Most teams get their kickers and FB's in the 7th and many a starting OL and even DL come from the 5th round.

Two former 2nd round picks now seasoned, AND a 5th and a 7th, for 1 late 2nd round pick and 2 spaces in the 1st that everybody knows will not effect who the Vikings pick; this would be a generous offer indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, real nice guys trade satele. This must be a joke, our interior lineman are very injury prone. Grove,SMiley and thomas are injury prone. Thomas only played one game so he has not proved he is that great.

THIS is exactly why I dont think we will trade Satele (at least before the draft anyway.)

Yes, it is no shock that the FO wasnt happy about our oline last year. (We fired the oline coach and spent ALOT of money on FA signings)

Yes, IF our signings pan out it we might be showing Samson the door.

But as stated above, Grove and Smiley are injury prone, thats a fact that cant be contested.

Thomas, as promising as he was preseason last year, was a rookie, playing preseason games. He also got hurt early (Although I wouldnt call him injury PRONE just yet). So he is still basically an unknown. (Injury/skill wise)

Berger, a guy Parcells stole from our practice squad to play for Dallas, never cracked their starting lineup (granted, Dallas has/had one of the best o-lines in the NFL, so you cant hold it against him), we dont know if he can crack ours yet....

As weak as our play was at guard last year I dont have much doubt some of these guys will pan out, but do you really want to trade Satele until we know for sure?

Satele played VERY well his rookie year. He had big problems last year, in part due to our weak guards and in part due to injury. Also could have been some kind of sophomore slump. The guy plays hard and hasnt missed a game for us since he has been drafted.

To trade Satele prior to any of the OTAs, never mind camp, seems very irresponsible of the FO and I'd be surprised if they did it. Especially for a pick in the later rounds.

Satele is worth more to this team than any pick we could make past the third round.

Maybe we do trade him, but I wouldnt expect to see that until at least May (Prior to the June 1st cuts), but given the question marks we have now, I wouldnt expect to see him moved until next season.

Dolphins Trade Samson Satele

I just got on my computer. I was looking at it through my phone on miami herald but i cant find it online in my comp. Samson Satele to the Raiders for undisclosed pick

not on miamiherald, espn, heck even Profootball talk who talks out their arse has nothing.

cant believe I am going to be one of those guys yelling for a link, here goes... link. link

Bro I promise im not lying samson satele traded to the raiders. Go on ur phone to miamiherald.com i promise im not lying

I promise im not lying go on ur phones if u have internet miamiherald.com on mobile phone under breaking news

Sort Results by: Relevance | Date

This is the link the yahoo news search brings up. Leads to an error page at the Herald.

Back
Top Bottom