Merged: Drew Henson/Miami gives pick for Drew Hensen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Drew Henson/Miami gives pick for Drew Hensen?

ns_dolfan

Scout Team
Reaction score
Drew Henson

I was reading on another board that a deal for Henson was done where the Dolphins gave Houston a 1st next year...It can't be true can it?

I'll bet those ppl on that other MBoard could answer that. :D

Oliver...

my bet is that it isnt true, or else it would be one of the headlines on NFL.com

Can you show me the board?

Originally posted by Snickersbps
my bet is that it isnt true, or else it would be one of the headlines on NFL.com

If the news was today, NFL.Com would report in somewhere in March.

I still don't believe it though. I was chillin by the porch and I overheard them mentioning Henson/Miami on the news earlier, I ran inside but only got highlights of him playing baseball. So iono what's the deal. I'm sure there is no done deal, I believe they were just mentioning Henson as a candidate.

It's not true. They can't trade for him. He hasn't gotten out of his contract with the Yankees yet. Plus he still would have to sign with Houston, and he hasn't done that either. Just more BS as usual.:mad:

Show me the board though. I have a feeling I know who made the post.

Someone's yanking your chain. That would be a top story everywhere. Plus Henson would first have to sign with the Texans to be traded.

And settle the deal with the Yankees. GB and KC is irrelevant as their first is lower than ours. Buffalo has much bigger needs. Pitts is our competition.

Miami gives pick for Drew Hensen?

Taken from :
http://www.dolfantalk.com/cgi-bin/_forum_messageboard/index.cgi?read=111482

Dolphins: Miami offers 1st rounder in 2005 for Henson

Posted By: DiehardPhinFan

Date: 1/29/04 10:49 p.m. "Pops" Molton, our local sports broadcaster announced today at 5PM on his local sports radio show that this is all but done. It is up to Henson now to work his way out of the Yankee contract by utilizing Houston/Miami money to pay them back.

Dolphins will not give up a pick this year but will trade away their 2005 1st round for Henson. No rumor on contract info/amount.

Houston is happy as they took Carr in the 1st round when Henson decided to go play baseball but beleived in Henson so much, they also spent their sixth round that same year to acquire his rights even after he decided to go baseball. That is how I remember it anyway. Not bad for Houston, esentially trading a sixth for a first.

Who knows the validity as I couldn't find this rumor verified anywhere else.

Diehard

--------

Anyone else hear about this? And who is this Pops Moulton guy?

Back
Top Bottom