Merged: Drew Henson/Miami gives pick for Drew Hensen? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Drew Henson/Miami gives pick for Drew Hensen?

anyone find out of this is true?

Naw, I got busy and couldn't call today.....sent an e-mail though...

I imagine it's pretty certain the deal's not done, or even really close. While I don't think it will be a problem for Henson to get out of his Yankees contract, and I don't think there will be an issue with the Texans signing him, both of those steps have to take first before the Texans can declare a deal with the Dolphins done.

i have a question... i thought it is possible to trade the rights for a player. someone told me you cannot do this.

anyone know for sure, and has a link or something?

I tuned in for awhile, but Moulton was talking almost exclusively about Super Bowl predictions, so I tuned to Rush Limbaugh.

Anyway, I wrote and he did respond. Here's the chain of email...

-------
There is something to it,...

but,...

Henson has to get out of his Yankees contract,...

The two teams have to agree to the deal,...

Do you want the Dolphins to give up their #1 pick in 2005?

DM
> -----Original Message-----
> David-
> There's a rumor making the rounds on the message boards that
you said that
>
> Houston trading Drew Henson to Miami for a 2005 #1 pick was a
done deal.
> Is
> there anything to this, or did someone throw out a hoax?
Thanks!
---------

So, there it is. Take that for what it's worth.

just saw john clayton reporting from the superbowl. i caught the tail end of the henson story to miami. did anybody actually hear what john clayton said??

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Keep in mind also that Great Blue North a very respectable and widely known draft source, ranked on their top 200 drew henson as #13 in the draft even with acknowledged eligibility issues.

1. Eli Manning
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Sean Taylor
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Kellen Winslow Jr.
6. Roy Williams
7. Robert Gallery
8. Kenechi Udeze
9. Reggie Williams
10. Tommie Harris
11. Shawn Andrews
12. Will Smith
13. DREW HENSON
14. Steven Jackson
15. Vince Wilfork
16. Chris Gamble
17. Kevin Jones
18. Michael Clayton
19. Randy Starks
20. Maurice Clarett
21. DJ Williams
22. JP Losman
23. Karlos Dansby
24. Michael Jenkins
25. Will Poole
26. Derrick Strait
27. Marcus Tubbs
28. Jacob Rogers
29. Ben Troupe
30. Phillip Rivers
31. Jonathon Vilma
32. Darnall Dockett

Thats their top 32 of the 200. I think thats a pretty reasonable top 32 to be honest, given that they made the list probably before seeing the Senior Bowl so that is why Rivers is ranked behind Losman. Still look how high Henson is compared to like Rivers or Losman. And think that we could get him for a 2005 first rounder. Thats like trading a 2005 first rounder to pick Phillip Rivers in the draft.

Great Blue North also had Rivers as a fourth-fifth rounder a month ago. He was like their seventh ranked QB not even including Henson.
I argued with their staff about Rivers and they said I was crazy. THEY SAID NO WAY POSSIBLE DOES RIVERS GET DRAFTED ABOVE THE THIRD ROUND.
Now he is in their top 30.
TALK ABOUT EATING YOUR WORDS!!!!
Thread 27688 backs up my previous words on Rivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, if this is true, than our so-called personnel guru's are freaking idiots:

1. They could have gone for him last year for a low round draft pick but probably didn't want to start a 'QB controversy'.
2. Henson hasn't played in 2 years, you would think they want to work him out or maybe see what he does at the combine.
3. A 1st rounder???? Cheese-n-Rice! (say it fast). Can't these morons come up with something a little more original.
4. They probably figure that they might be fired next year so why not.
:fire:

Originally posted by phunwin
I tuned in for awhile, but Moulton was talking almost exclusively about Super Bowl predictions, so I tuned to Rush Limbaugh.

Anyway, I wrote and he did respond. Here's the chain of email...

-------
There is something to it,...

but,...

Henson has to get out of his Yankees contract,...

The two teams have to agree to the deal,...

Do you want the Dolphins to give up their #1 pick in 2005?

DM
> -----Original Message-----
> David-
> There's a rumor making the rounds on the message boards that
you said that
>
> Houston trading Drew Henson to Miami for a 2005 #1 pick was a
done deal.
> Is
> there anything to this, or did someone throw out a hoax?
Thanks!
---------

So, there it is. Take that for what it's worth.
WTF?? why didn't he answer mine??....:(....I hate hotmail....

Anyway doesn't sound like he really answered the question.....i mean, we all know that there's something to it but it is a DONE DEAL, if he can get out of the contract?...which is stupid in and of itself sense he CAN get OUT of the contact if he really wants to....

Originally posted by FinsOnTop
First of all, if this is true, than our so-called personnel guru's are freaking idiots:

1. They could have gone for him last year for a low round draft pick but probably didn't want to start a 'QB controversy'.
2. Henson hasn't played in 2 years, you would think they want to work him out or maybe see what he does at the combine.
3. A 1st rounder???? Cheese-n-Rice! (say it fast). Can't these morons come up with something a little more original.
4. They probably figure that they might be fired next year so why not.
:fire:

And one more thing. Steinbrenner is pissed that he's spent all this money on the guy and he can't hit. George isn't going to let Drew out of his contract to play football until he recoupes some of his losses. George doesn't care whose career he has to screw over.

Even if there is a deal in place, nothing can be done until March 3 as far as NFL teams are concerned. That is the date trades and free agency begins. Neither team can officially announce a deal is in place before March 3, or it may be construed as tampering. We have over a month before we can find out for sure if this is true.

Originally posted by inFINSible
WTF?? why didn't he answer mine??....:(....I hate hotmail....

Anyway doesn't sound like he really answered the question.....i mean, we all know that there's something to it but it is a DONE DEAL, if he can get out of the contract?...which is stupid in and of itself sense he CAN get OUT of the contact if he really wants to....

Sorry, beginner's luck, I suppose. :tongue:

And yeah, I got the sense that he wasn't saying that the deal was done, rather that it was a fair possibility.

And one more thing. Steinbrenner is pissed that he's spent all this money on the guy and he can't hit. George isn't going to let Drew out of his contract to play football until he recoupes some of his losses. George doesn't care whose career he has to screw over.

I suspect that Steinbrenner would be happy to get out from paying $3 million a year to a non-hitting stiff, which is what Henson is as a baseball player.

Originally posted by phunwin

I suspect that Steinbrenner would be happy to get out from paying $3 million a year to a non-hitting stiff, which is what Henson is as a baseball player.

Disagree. If that were true he would have cut him loose already. He'll glady keep paying him at this point to ruin the guy's football career.

Disagree. If that were true he would have cut him loose already. He'll glady keep paying him at this point to ruin the guy's football career.
No, that's wrong....why would Steindork want to pay the guy 12 million dollars to keep batting .234??....at triple A no less!!....the yankees are just stalling because they know that Drew WANTS to play football, and in order to do that he must renounce the rest of the GAURANTEED money he is owed....He is trying to get them to settle with him, which the yankees won't do because they know if they wait long enough, he'll have to give in to a smaller settlement.

Back
Top Bottom