Merged: Drew Henson/Miami gives pick for Drew Hensen? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Drew Henson/Miami gives pick for Drew Hensen?

Originally posted by phunwin
Hey guys, just joined the board, but I've been lurking for a little while.

Believe it or not, you are exactly our 3000th member. Congrats. Even though you do have your figer up your nose. :tongue:

Keep in mind also that Great Blue North a very respectable and widely known draft source, ranked on their top 200 drew henson as #13 in the draft even with acknowledged eligibility issues.

1. Eli Manning
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Sean Taylor
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Kellen Winslow Jr.
6. Roy Williams
7. Robert Gallery
8. Kenechi Udeze
9. Reggie Williams
10. Tommie Harris
11. Shawn Andrews
12. Will Smith
13. DREW HENSON
14. Steven Jackson
15. Vince Wilfork
16. Chris Gamble
17. Kevin Jones
18. Michael Clayton
19. Randy Starks
20. Maurice Clarett
21. DJ Williams
22. JP Losman
23. Karlos Dansby
24. Michael Jenkins
25. Will Poole
26. Derrick Strait
27. Marcus Tubbs
28. Jacob Rogers
29. Ben Troupe
30. Phillip Rivers
31. Jonathon Vilma
32. Darnall Dockett

Thats their top 32 of the 200. I think thats a pretty reasonable top 32 to be honest, given that they made the list probably before seeing the Senior Bowl so that is why Rivers is ranked behind Losman. Still look how high Henson is compared to like Rivers or Losman. And think that we could get him for a 2005 first rounder. Thats like trading a 2005 first rounder to pick Phillip Rivers in the draft.

If it eventually goes down this way, it wouldn't be a terrible deal. I've read numerous reports postulating that Henson would indeed be the 3rd best quarterback available in this year's draft were he draft eligible.

My concern was that I feared we might be giving up picks in THIS year's draft, which would be a very bad idea IMO.

Well if you wanna find out for sure from the horse's mouth just follow this link at 12 noon.

http://www.abc-7.com/AboutUs/Bios/davidmoulton.asp

inFINs had the website slightly wrong just enough to confuse the heck out of me why I keep getting a los angeles tv station website hehe. Its David Moulton and he's on from 12 noon to 2pm.

Also don't forget today is the day that Rick Spielman does his live chat on the Dolphins website. I sent in like 3 questions already.

WHOOPS! The Q&A with Spielman is over. He answered one of my questions. I'll post a new thread.

:smackhead....that's right....they ALWAYS say ....dash 7....my bad....

Originally posted by Muck

Believe it or not, you are exactly our 3000th member. Congrats. Even though you do have your figer up your nose. :tongue:

#3000? Cool! It says #3093, but I'll take 3000.

And is there a worse pickup line in history than Ralph saying to Lisa, "so, the doctor said my nose would stop bleeding if I stopped putting my finger up there"? I think not. Ralph Wiggum, an inspiration to us all.

And since I'm way off topic now, I'll just say that I'm looking forward to tuning into Moulton at noon. As yet, there's nothing else out there that this is a done deal.

Hmm, between this Moulton character being on between 12 noon and 2 pm, then Mandich being on from 2 pm to 4 pm followed by Hank Goldberg heck this could be a long listenin day.

BTW anyone notice that this guy posted at DolfanTalk that Moulton reported this at 5pm and Moulton's show is on from 12 noon to 2 pm?

Do sports radio guys come on at irregular times to make announcements and stuff?

More and more, it smells fishy (no pun intended). And of course, the best hoaxes are the ones that sound the most plausible and/or palatable. And this one fits the bill.

Someone has to explain to me how this makes any sense to Henson. Why would he not just go back in the draft rather than sign for 6th round money?

The only advantage is that he can influence where he goes, but I can't see how that is worth the millions he has to give up.

From everything I've read

Originally posted by PhinKev
Someone has to explain to me how this makes any sense to Henson. Why would he not just go back in the draft rather than sign for 6th round money?

The only advantage is that he can influence where he goes, but I can't see how that is worth the millions he has to give up.

They're suggesting that with a trade, Henson can decide where he wants to play, the draft is a crap shoot, also His agent is working with the yankees on a contract buyout, so depending on how that goes will determine whether he re-enters the draft to get more money, or whether he accepts lower money to play for the team of his choice. Or whether he stays with the Yankees. right now eveything is speculation.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Hmm, between this Moulton character being on between 12 noon and 2 pm, then Mandich being on from 2 pm to 4 pm followed by Hank Goldberg heck this could be a long listenin day.

BTW anyone notice that this guy posted at DolfanTalk that Moulton reported this at 5pm and Moulton's show is on from 12 noon to 2 pm?

Do sports radio guys come on at irregular times to make announcements and stuff?

According to the website, Moulton is a sports anchor, so he could talk about this at any number of different times.

Is anyone tuned into his show yet? I'm downloading Realplayer now (don't have it at work).

Re: From everything I've read

Originally posted by rhadaddy

They're suggesting that with a trade, Henson can decide where he wants to play, the draft is a crap shoot, also His agent is working with the yankees on a contract buyout, so depending on how that goes will determine whether he re-enters the draft to get more money, or whether he accepts lower money to play for the team of his choice. Or whether he stays with the Yankees. right now eveything is speculation.

Furthermore, Henson can sign a short-term deal (say, one or two years) with the team, perhaps with heavy incentives, or maybe voidable years, to get around the rookie pool issue. He'll get paid whether he wants to go back in the draft or consents to a trade.

Back
Top Bottom