Merged: DT Bryan Pata Shot & Killed! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DT Bryan Pata Shot & Killed!

Very sad. Very sad.

The university has to change the culture around this program. If this isn't a wake up call, then I don't know..........

rip big dog, i'll never forget you driving by mahoney in your big blue truck, smilin and blastin your speakers

clear.gif

MikeO said:
Very sad. Very sad.

The university has to change the culture around this program. If this isn't a wake up call, then I don't know..........

Not getting at you Mike, but how exactly do you change the culture when a guy who people are describing as a good kid is gunned down in his apartment complex? When Meriweather is dancing around in the street with a gun while Willie Cooper is getting shot in the butt, okay, something needs to be done, but this seems a lot different.

Sad news, any idea what the circumstances were yet?

edit: sounds like a robbery attempt, really sad to hear about something like this happening.

DonShula84 said:
Sad news, any idea what the circumstances were yet?

edit: sounds like a robbery attempt, really sad to hear about something like this happening.
yeah..Pata always had nice stuff..the family thinks its a robbery attempt..it a shame that someone thats good and worked hard for what he had in life..and someone take his life..Pata never got in trouble, never mad..he always joked and laughed all the time

he was a good guy

Miami Football Player Shot, Killed

MIAMI - University of Miami defensive lineman Bryan Pata was shot and killed Tuesday night at his apartment complex, the latest shock to a Hurricanes team touched by tragedy and turmoil - including four deaths in the last decade, a separate gun incident earlier this season and an ugly on-field brawl just last month.

http://my.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20061108/45516450_3ca6_1552620061108354314629

This is the kind of stuff that made me move from south Florida.

Alex44 said:
Put away your ****ing UM bias for ten minutes please.

This is so shocking...great player, great person. R.I.P

:shakeno: ..has NOTHING to do with what school he came from...alot of kids who come to ANY college continue their "hoodlum" ways....Now I dont know if he was just attacked outta the blue..or he was caught up in something...

..Saying it has anything to do with his school was a VERY 16 year old remark, remember Im an Ohio State fan...Our program has had as many problems as most, I was speaking about college athletes as a whole.

ckparrothead said:
OMG, I don't even know how to react. For those that don't know he was a starting DE and heck of a playmaker for the Miami Hurricanes.

I'm stunned. He was shot and killed at an apartment complex. No more details than that.

I actually thought he had a bright NFL future.

Not sure how much of a playmaker he was 13 tackles and 2 sacks this season, but regardless very sad. Football accomplishments should mean nothing anyways at this point.

This is really sad.

Has anyone heard more details on this?

Last I heard the police were calling it a homicide, but nothing else was being released.

Back
Top Bottom