Merged:FAT HANK just broke a BIG STORY..../So, Ricky smoked | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:FAT HANK just broke a BIG STORY..../So, Ricky smoked

Everyone should stop arguing about the effects because it's different for everyone. Some people get mellow. Some people get antsy. Some people can't walk straight. Some people smoke before studying. It all depends on the person. I knew a guy in college who played a pickup basketball game tripping on mushrooms and DOMINATED a much better team. Wasn't there a pitcher in the MLB that claimed he was tripping on acid when he threw a no-hitter. I believe that's right. Drugs effect people in different ways. Point is . . . it's a worthless argument.

HOWEVER, I don't see how Ricky can ever expect anyone to take him seriously again. Didn't he quit because it was going to make us better? Or wasn't it because we were going to be doing the same thing again this year? Or wasn't it because of the awful beatings he was taking? Or wasn't it because he wanted to be free? Yeah . . . free from the NFL telling him he can't smoke. If that's his decision, fine . . . but I think most of us can agree that is pathetic. I'm going to keep it at that though because there's no sense in it. If he's really suffering from mental problems and has a pseudo-psychological addiction to marijuana, he should probably seek help. If he would rather just smoke all the time, fine. I, for one, would hate to have to tell my family that I cost them over 10 million dollars simply because I wanted to get stoned all the time. In fact, I probably wouldn't want to have to tell my teammates I'm bailing on them at the last minute for the same reason. One word . . . WEAK.

Frayser said:
Everyone should stop arguing about the effects because it's different for everyone. Some people get mellow. Some people get antsy. Some people can't walk straight. Some people smoke before studying. It all depends on the person. I knew a guy in college who played a pickup basketball game tripping on mushrooms and DOMINATED a much better team. Wasn't there a pitcher in the MLB that claimed he was tripping on acid when he threw a no-hitter. I believe that's right. Drugs effect people in different ways. Point is . . . it's a worthless argument.

HOWEVER, I don't see how Ricky can ever expect anyone to take him seriously again. Didn't he quit because it was going to make us better? Or wasn't it because we were going to be doing the same thing again this year? Or wasn't it because of the awful beatings he was taking? Or wasn't it because he wanted to be free? Yeah . . . free from the NFL telling him he can't smoke. If that's his decision, fine . . . but I think most of us can agree that is pathetic. I'm going to keep it at that though because there's no sense in it. If he's really suffering from mental problems and has a pseudo-psychological addiction to marijuana, he should probably seek help. If he would rather just smoke all the time, fine. I, for one, would hate to have to tell my family that I cost them over 10 million dollars simply because I wanted to get stoned all the time. In fact, I probably wouldn't want to have to tell my teammates I'm bailing on them at the last minute for the same reason. One word . . . WEAK.
Excellent post. I agree, however, in relation to our discussion, obviously Ricky is one who isn't effected adversely, ON THE FIELD.

inFINSible said:
Excellent post. I agree, however, in relation to our discussion, obviously Ricky is one who isn't effected adversely, ON THE FIELD.

While I agree that is possible . . . and you are probably right . . . it's nearly impossible to prove. Who knows how he might have performed sober? My guess is that he probably felt it calmed his nerves and allowed him to relax and, thus, focus better. He DID have an anxiety disorder . . . so that makes sense to an extent. Who knows? Maybe he can come back next year and play for Norv out in Oakland. He could get a prescription out in California. :lol:

"You must have stupid friends."

Well, see, normally my "politically correct sensibilities" prevent me from calling druggies stupid. Thanks for caring, though.

Maybe your friends really do tell you that they "can't tell the difference" between a sober you and a stoned you. However, maybe your dealers aren't *really* your friends. Maybe they are. Maybe that says more about you than it does about the ganja.

Enjoy,
pink

Frayser said:
While I agree that is possible . . . and you are probably right . . . it's nearly impossible to prove. Who knows how he might have performed sober? My guess is that he probably felt it calmed his nerves and allowed him to relax and, thus, focus better. He DID have an anxiety disorder . . . so that makes sense to an extent. Who knows? Maybe he can come back next year and play for Norv out in Oakland. He could get a prescription out in California. :lol:
I always wanted to move there....just never got around to it....:lol:

Section126 said:
Hank just said that Ricky would smoke before games........

well, so do I and my buddies, to get in "gameform", but a player....really...i´m stunned...:eek:

Mr. Pink said:
"You must have stupid friends."

Well, see, normally my "politically correct sensibilities" prevent me from calling druggies stupid. Thanks for caring, though.

Maybe your friends really do tell you that they "can't tell the difference" between a sober you and a stoned you. However, maybe your dealers aren't *really* your friends. Maybe they are. Maybe that says more about you than it does about the ganja.

Enjoy,
pink
See, I've already found my way around that problem Mr Pink, I just stay high 24 hours a day so no one is any wiser.

Frayser said:

fo' real

touborg said:
Oh? the masking agent that got him caught 3 times?
Apparently he was so stoned that he forgot to take it, which is why he got caught.

i have read that cannabus is not a addictive medication, but i have my doubts, well thank god he did retire

Interesting discussion on pot use here. As an ex pothead I can say that I believe it does affect your coordination. One thing I do know is when coming down you do feel really tired. After the buzz wears off (third qtr?) I'd be wanting to crash not run through bodies :cooldude:

i've read most of the posts here and not one person (from what i've read) has even come close to what has the best chance of being the reason ricky williams smoked so much weed. weed is a pain killer. can you imagine how much pain ricky williams would be in after carrying the ball 30 times a week and getting nailed by 300lb deffensemen? of course he, would have to smoke weed. it takes a special person to be a running back. they recieve the most punishment out of anyone on that field.

inFINSible said:
Running a football aint Rocket science. Smoking pot does not affect your coordination.

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. smoking pot doesnt affect your coordination? yeah and jumping off of a 50 story building doesnt kill you. go study the effects of marijuana and the chemicals it releases into your body.

but to those who said after a while the high gets less and less. thats absolutly correct. the body begins to adapt to the high (like any other stimulation that happens to it) so either a) you just deal w/ a less effective high or b) you just smoke more and more.

for all you know ricky could have smoked everyday after practice and after games making him sober for all the football playing he had to do. i highly doubt he would wake up and light a bowl. unless he was in agonizing pain (which may have been the case on monday mornings)

Back
Top Bottom