MERGED: For once and for all Brown no backup... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: For once and for all Brown no backup...

Is Benson that much better a runner than Brown, to make up for top 5 hands at the RB position..... We know the answer to this one, Brown was a backup and hence not as good..

GreenMonster said:
Is Benson that much better a runner than Brown, to make up for top 5 hands at the RB position..... We know the answer to this one, Brown was a backup and hence not as good..

I never said Brown was not good. maybe you should go back and read what i posted.

While we are getting tech. about things like pos. on the depth chart..

Avg yards per carry college career

Cedric Benson - 5.02 against Big 12 comp.

Ronnie Brown - 5.38 against SEC comp.

Funny Brown looks like the better runner there...

GreenMonster said:
While we are getting tech. about things like pos. on the depth chart..

Avg yards per carry college career

Cedric Benson - 5.02 against Big 12 comp.

Ronnie Brown - 5.38 against SEC comp.

Funny Brown looks like the better runner there...

Funny you did not put in how many more rushing attempts Benson had than Brown. Remember travis minor had a carreer 5.4YPC up until last year. Fact Benson Carried the Ball a lot more than Brown. at Auburn you did not know who would get the ball. at texas you knew Benson was going to get it. and his YPC is only 0.36 less than Browns. not even a full yard.

Guys the best part about this thread is we can loan it to the team that picks Reggie Bush next year.. He is the backup to LenDale White and will probaly be picked ahead of him.. Can't wait for the can't believe the Cards drafted Reggie Bush, he is just a backup...

2004 USC Rushing

LenDale White 203 1104 5.4avg 15tds

Reggie Bush 143 908 6.3avg 6tds

godfater21 said:
Funny you did not put in how many more rushing attempts Benson had than Brown. Remember travis minor had a carreer 5.4YPC up until last year. Fact Benson Carried the Ball a lot more than Brown. at Auburn you did not know who would get the ball. at texas you knew Benson was going to get it. and his YPC is only 0.36 less than Browns. not even a full yard.

I didn't know that having alot of carries is good for a RB... Maybe we should pound the ball with Brown 40 times a week till he wears out tires...

GreenMonster said:
Guys the best part about this thread is we can loan it to the team that picks Reggie Bush next year.. He is the backup to LenDale White and will probaly be picked ahead of him.. Can't wait for the can't believe the Cards drafted Reggie Bush, he is just a backup...

2004 USC Rushing

LenDale White 203 1104 5.4avg 15tds

Reggie Bush 143 908 6.3avg 6tds

I haven't heard anyone say I can't believe we drafted Ronnie Brown a back-up running back. If you are going to jump in at least go back and see what is being said. But yes White was the starter and Bush was the back-up, and Bush most likely will get drafted first.

GreenMonster said:
I didn't know that having alot of carries is good for a RB... Maybe we should pound the ball with Brown 40 times a week till he wears out tires...

did you even read what that post was about? if you carry the ball more times your YPC will most likely be lower than someone with signifcantly less carries. where did i say having more carries is a good thing?

godfater21 said:
Once again, you are WRONG!!! Minor has NEVER averaged over 4.8 in his career. At least not in the NFL. High school maybe? Maybe you should research more.
PROOF HERE:http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235123

godfater21 said:
Going into last year ESPN stated that minor had a career 5.4YPC. so take it up with them.
Yeah and Jay Fiedlers mom told him he could be the best there ever was. Can't believe everything you hear but stats are stats!!
Link??? Guess not or you would have posted it. I proved myself so you take it up with them Einstein!

godfater21 said:
100% correct Barry Sanders was a back-up to Thurman Thomas in college.

It's the same thing as Ronnie Brown being a back-up to Caddy. only difference is Caddy and Brown arrived at Auburn at the same time. instead of a year apart like Sanders and Thomas, so it wasn't as clear cut.

With Sanders And Thomas the back-up turned out to be the better pro. so lets just hope it works out the same with Brown and Caddy.

i agree 100% brown was the back up he came in and gave caddy a breather soooo godfather is right tell me this how many games did brown start when caddy was healthy :confused: :shakeno:

godfater21 said:
did you even read what that post was about? if you carry the ball more times your YPC will most likely be lower than someone with signifcantly less carries. where did i say having more carries is a good thing?

You didn't but the whole Benson is a better runner thing is overblown too... Check out the year Caddy got hurt.. Brown was the starter and #1 back...

2002 Auburn Rushing

175 1008 5.8avg 13tds..

This was his 2nd year at Auburn and Brandon Jacobs wasn't the backup... He took pretty much all the carries every game he played expect for the games he was hurt with an ankle injury... Benson never averaged more than 5.6yards... Brown has shown he can carry the load when he was called on the be the #1 back...

jason_taylor said:
gave caddy a breather

:roflmao::roflmao: You've NEVER EVER watched Auburn play. NEVER.

You haters need to give it up. We drafted the BEST RB in the draft.

jason_taylor said:
i agree 100% brown was the back up he came in and gave caddy a breather soooo godfather is right tell me this how many games did brown start when caddy was healthy :confused: :shakeno:
Well you can take your stupid little shaking head and jam it up your a$$. At least one game was already proven in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom