MERGED: For once and for all Brown no backup... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: For once and for all Brown no backup...

A good argument could made of either side on whether Caddy was the starter or not. AS far as I am concerned, the reason Brown did not line up at RB more the Caddy, is because Brown was more versatile, and was being used in other areas for the better of the team.

I think Caddy is going to be a great player for the Bucs, but when it is all set and done, Brown will be considered the best RB picked in this years draft.

godfater21 said:
TUESDAY, MARCH 9, 2004

Just look at the date of that report. Right now we have plenty of people listed as starter that aren't going to be.

godfater21 said:
TUESDAY, MARCH 9, 2004
SPORTS COLUMNS | SPORTS | HOME | FORUMS | ARCHIVES | SCHEDULES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARK EDWARDS

Good day
lifts Cox up
depth chart

A good scrimmage has improved quarterback Brandon Cox's standing with the Auburn football team.

Coach Tommy Tuberville released an updated depth chart Monday afternoon, and Cox is the second-team quarterback behind starter Jason Campbell. Kelcy Luke is No. 3.

Both Cox and Luke are redshirt freshmen. Campbell is a senior. Cox completed 9 of 15 passes for 175 yards in an intrasquad scrimmage Saturday.

Otherwise, the most remarkable part of the depth chart is that offensive tackles Marcus McNeill and Troy Reddick have switched positions. McNeill is now the left tackle, and Reddick is lining up at right tackle.

Carnell Williams is listed as the starting tailback, while Ronnie Brown is second.

At wide receiver, Devin Aromashodu, Anthony Mix and Courtney Taylor are first team, while Silas Daniels, Lee Guess and Ben Obomanu are on the second squad.

On defense, the biggest battle might be waged at linebacker. Kevin Sears has moved in front of former defensive back Karibi Dede at strongside linebacker. Mayo Sowell is ahead of Quentin Groves at middle linebacker. Travis Williams is entrenched at weakside linebacker.

LISTED! WRITTEN ON A PIECE OF PAPER!

This argument is getting pretty pointless since you wont listen to me even though I saw all home & away games plus the SEC championship & Sugar Bowl in person last year (not counting every home game the past four years and a vast majority of the away games)...but I'll leave you with this. :)

If Ronnie Brown had been the "starting" running back last year we wouldn't have been nearly as good. Not because Ronnie isn't as good as Cadillac, but because Caddy COULD NOT play Ronnie's role. We were good because defensive coordinators couldn't defend Ronnie. They sat there before the game and said what in the heck are they going to do with Ronnie Brown this game?

And they never guessed right.

There isn't a place on a PIECE OF PAPER to pencil that in. Talk to anybody who watches SEC football and they will tell you Ronnie B was not a backup. Ask a Tennessee fan if Ronnie was a back up? Ask a Georgia fan?

They'll tell you that guy was all over the field, in on every play, and played his own position. The position there's not spot for on a depth chart, the position that resulted in them getting their @$$ whipped.

Ok fine. Carnell Williams was the starting tailback. BUT Ronnie Brown backed up NO ONE. He was the most important and dangerous part of our offense last year.

tay0365 said:
A good argument could made of either side on whether Caddy was the starter or not. AS far as I am concerned, the reason Brown did not line up at RB more the Caddy, is because Brown was more versatile, and was being used in other areas for the better of the team.

i already said that. you agreed with me than you chicken out and said you didn't know you are saying the same thing i said.

Why do people care that Brown wasn't the starter, would anyone like to argue if Brown is best RB in this draft. Regardless of his college status with #2 overall and a QB going #1 we got our pick of the RB we thought was the best.. Saban like just about the rest of the world believes that back will be Brown.. If Brown was 3rd string and had the same measurables and should be the first back off the board then fine... I am fine that we got a backup RB, because I believe he was the best RB in the draft hands down... GreenMonster

Godfather do we still have our $1000 bet going about Omar Jacobs draft position.. GreenMonster

GreenMonster said:
Godfather do we still have our $1000 bet going about Omar Jacobs draft position.. GreenMonster

Yes i will still bet you he does not come out in the first two rounds.

byroan said:
:roflmao: I'm done.

Being able to catch the ball does not make for a better RUNNINGback. if you don't believe me go ask terry kirby.

Back
Top Bottom