MERGED: For once and for all Brown no backup... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: For once and for all Brown no backup...

bakedmatt said:
that isn't the issue people are trying to argue over. it doesn't matter to them if the stat book has as many G's as GS's under his name. it also doesn't matter to them if he started at RB or FB, and i don't see why it should. technicalities.

That is exactly what people are argueing over. was Ronnie Brown Caddies Back-up. the answer is yes and the stats prove that.

godfater21 said:
That is exactly what people are argueing over. was Ronnie Brown Caddies Back-up. the answer is yes and the stats prove that.

No the stats don't prove it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=250030259

1st and 10 at VT 39 Ronnie Brown (AUB) rushed up the middle for 31 yards.
1st and 8 at VT 8 Carnell Williams (AUB) rushed right side for -1 yards.

I never knew that someone's backup would carry the ball first. This was the last game that Auburn played.

godfater21 said:
Why does it matter to you that he wasn't a back-up? i don't care that he was a back-up but at least i can admit it.
because he wasn't a backup...a backup comes in to give the starter a breather or if the starter gets hurt. brown came in when it made sense in the gameplan. how is that a backup? does bringing in a slot receiver make in a 3 receiver set make him a backup? you're way overanalyzing it, and you're trying to get some attention with your rhetoric.

Started 21 of 47 games, only the featured ball carrier when someone was injured.

You can't put it any more simpler than that. so if you want to live in denile go ahead.

godfater21 said:
Started 21 of 47 games, only the featured ball carrier when someone was injured.

You can't put it any more simpler than that. so if you want to live in denile go ahead.

Caddy wasn't injured. :rolleyes:

Your argument is still flawed.

Why is this such a big deal anyway? If he was a backup, so the f*** what?... He'll START for us now.

There's no point in arguing anymore. A backup would never carry the ball first and then the "starter" carry the ball the very next play.

vt_dolfan said:
Brown was not a backup. His coach was smart..and put players in positions to create mismatches. Brown and Cadi were 1A and 1B. Browns versatility gave Tuberville the oppurtunities to use both players. Cadi was not as good as a reciever so Brown was the one who got split out more than often.

Amen.

I've tried to explain this to so many people. You have two great backs. You want them both in the game. Both are excellent runners, but one has the versatility to play fullback and possibly has the best hands on the team.

Which do you start at tailback and which do you start at your X position that plays everywhere from slot to fullback to tailback?

It makes sense. Ronnie B was NOT a backup at Auburn.

people are disguising the fact that they like cadillac more then brown with this "brown was a backup, but i still like him" nonsense.

The way I look at it , I see Carnell as the Back up. Who cares who played on the first play of the game? Williams spent much more time on the bench(which is where back ups hang out). Ronnie Brown could not help that he was better at blocking , running routes, and catching and as good as if not better at running then WIlliams. Auburn was like a fat kid. Why would a fat kid only want Ice cream(cadillac) when he could have a big chunk of cake(Brown) to compilment it with ? If I was hungery i would have to go with the cake. yeah, i know thats kinda weird , but maybe someone will understand it.

kastofsna120 said:
people are disguising the fact that they like cadillac more then brown with this "brown was a backup, but i still like him" nonsense.

No I like Benson better than Brown not caddy.

JHWAUEX said:
Ha. Ok.

Well I saw about 90% of the games in Ronnie B's career in person and as a student, but I'm sure a newspaper in SAN DIEGO knows more than I do.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? so when ESPN covers the Tour De france they don't know what the hell there talking about because it's in a whole different country. are you saying that the artical is not correct based on geography?

Back
Top Bottom