Merged: Getting Daunte Culpepper/Trading for Daunte | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Getting Daunte Culpepper/Trading for Daunte

Culpepper for Ricky.

Someone might have already thought of this, but this idea just hit me. It might seem a little out there but if you think Daunte is coming off major knee surgery and most likely will not be ready to play when the season begins. They also need a running back and Ricky could be someone they might be interested in. I think this trade is very possible even though it probably won't ever happen. Give me your thoughts.

I'd like to point out there is a forum for this, in ADDITION to a thread on this topic where this exact premise was brought up, which as of my viewing was RIGHT UNDER THIS THREAD.

Why in the world would th Vikings even consider that?
People on this board over-rate Ricky so bad it makes me sick.

A Pro-Bowl, MVP caliber QB for a good RB. LOL
I understand he has knees issues, but with modern medicine he will be just as goos as ever

I would think this was possible about a month and a half ago. But since Scott L. left I dont think Daunte would have any reason to be here.

NCDolphan said:
Why trade a proven runner for a guy who will never return to old form?

Who said Ricky will return to old form?

tylerdolphin said:
Why in the world would th Vikings even consider that?
People on this board over-rate Ricky so bad it makes me sick.
Overrate Ricky? If the guy started all 16 games, he would have a 1500+ yard season. The guy is money... He left as one of the best backs in football, and returned as such. The only downfall to Ricky is age... If he were 25, he would have incredible value...

Why trade a proven runner for a guy who will never return to old form?
You know this how? Did your magic 8-ball tell you so? I just need something a little more concrete then "a guy who will never return to old form"

it all depends on his injury myself i like ricky but with ronnie now if we can get a good qb for ricky im all for it ronnie is the future.....:dolphins:

they bolth are risks, ricky is crazy and reites 2 smoke weed and culpepper blows out his knee and asks for more money, bolth teams are riskin a lot and could get a lot

Hostile7 said:
Overrate Ricky? If the guy started all 16 games, he would have a 1500+ yard season. The guy is money... He left as one of the best backs in football, and returned as such. The only downfall to Ricky is age... If he were 25, he would have incredible value...

You know this how? Did your magic 8-ball tell you so? I just need something a little more concrete then "a guy who will never return to old form"
If you have a Pro-Bowl QB, would you really trade him for a Running Back that has a bad history?

I Wouldnt Be Surprised If Daunte Career Is Over>>>> His Knee Is Just As Bad As Mcgahee Wus Its Destroyed He Probably Cant Play Till Next Season

Alex22 said:
Ricky and our 1st pick for Daunte

Im willing to do that, but I dont know how anyone else would feel about that

No way! someone posted earlier that they said on ESPN i believe taht Daunte will NOT be ready for the openeing season of 06.

Back
Top Bottom