Merged: Getting Daunte Culpepper/Trading for Daunte | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Getting Daunte Culpepper/Trading for Daunte

problem is that there is a really good chance that there is going to be a jamal lewis for culpepper trade looming.... espn is sayin that it is a very good possibilty.... sooo if we want him, we gotta make an offer and a move before the ravens/viqueens pull the trigger

finsfanrm said:
"Why in the world would th Vikings even consider that?
People on this board over-rate Ricky so bad it makes me sick.

A Pro-Bowl, MVP caliber QB for a good RB. LOL
I understand he has knees issues, but with modern medicine he will be just as gooD as ever"

this is one of the most ******ed quotes I have read. Daunte WAS a pro bowl caliber QB when he had Randy and Linehan calling the offense. All he did was throw the ball up and let Randy run under it. MVP:shakeno: did you see his numbers last year before he was hurt 6 td 12 picks 72.6 qb rating, throw in a badly damaged knee and a $100 mill contract. Plus the team won 6 straight when he went out, oh and Ricky is a bad apple Daunte wasn't exactly going to church when he was on that Party Boat.

Ricky overrated??? are you sure you watch football?:sidelol: The guy came back ran for 734 yards in 12 games getting the ball around 10-12 times per game and had 6 td's. Ronnie had 4 in the whole season. How soon we forget 1853 yards and 16 td's.

Granted the guy has mental problems, but please don't call him overrated when he gets on the field, the guy can flat out play. Even if it is only for 2 more years.
I didnt say Ricky was over-rated. He is a very good RB. I said people here on this board over-estimate his value. If we got offer Dante for Ricky, we should easily take it and run. If its ricky and a first, I wouldnt do it though considering his knees. For just Ricky its well worth the risks.

I had Daunte on my Fantasy team last year. What a disaster!!! Luckily I had Hasselback and still won my league.
Anyway my point is, I have seen what Culpepper did without Moss and it wasn't pretty. Anyone could throw it to Randy in that dome with that offense, hell Todd Bouman looked good in that offense, so did our good friend Gus Forgot!
:dolphins:

SR 7 said:
No way! someone posted earlier that they said on ESPN i believe taht Daunte will NOT be ready for the openeing season of 06.

Yeah but he will be ready for every season after that

Ricky and a first is NOT to much for Daunte, he will heal and you guys are saying that Ricky and a first is to much for an MVP type player? No way

Everyone stop saying what Culpepper did without Moss, he came into the year with a bad knee and a new offense, then blew out his knee a little later you cant Judge, I mean in Daunte's MVP type season Moss only had 48 receptions

Alex22 said:
Ricky and our 1st pick for Daunte

Im willing to do that, but I dont know how anyone else would feel about that

no no no no no no NO! why would you trade a #1 for a guy your not sure will be able to run ever again or even stand up for that matter. he tore out his whole knee. no just an acl all of em (maybe only 3 of the 4) but still i wouldnt give up much from him considering he is coming off an injury that typiclly ends careers and hes going to be 29 as opposed to cutler who has a great deal of potental and will probably be 23ish.

thats a move like the raiders would make and thats why there are where they are. get younger! get faster!

if he can get healthy thats one thing but thats a bigger risk than drafting a qb. we need to upgrade but this isnt the answer.

saban wont do it hes too smart to make a stupid move like that.

srdnaty said:
no no no no no no NO! why would you trade a #1 for a guy your not sure will be able to run ever again or even stand up for that matter. he tore out his whole knee. no just an acl all of em (maybe only 3 of the 4) but still i wouldnt give up much from him considering he is coming off an injury that typiclly ends careers and hes going to be 29 as opposed to cutler who has a great deal of potental and will probably be 23ish.

thats a move like the raiders would make and thats why there are where they are. get younger! get faster!

if he can get healthy thats one thing but thats a bigger risk than drafting a qb. we need to upgrade but this isnt the answer.

saban wont do it hes too smart to make a stupid move like that.

Well my step brother had the same type of injury, he blew out just about everything in his knee, and he recoverd well and plays basketball, Im assuming Daunte with better trainers, and rehabilitation will recover as well

Cutler may flop, and we probally wont get him anyway, so you would rather have an unproven guy in the first round than trade the pick for a guy that has proven he can play like an MVP?

Alex22 said:
Well my step brother had the same type of injury, he blew out just about everything in his knee, and he recoverd well and plays basketball, Im assuming Daunte with better trainers, and rehabilitation will recover as well

Cutler may flop, and we probally wont get him anyway, so you would rather have an unproven guy in the first round than trade the pick for a guy that has proven he can play like an MVP?

hes 29 and hes a qb that runs so hes old, and he just blew out his knee. there are also other affects, like maybe he will have trouble planting his foot when passing or getting just as much strength behind the throw. or maybe he will be affraid of it happening again and it will screw with his head.

this style is going to change i'm willing to bet on that.

s3an8 said:
No way ........a first round pick is insane for a guy wo we dont even know will even be able to play the first half of the season and wont know if he will ever be the same...and without moss look what he proved nothing....he is crap without a big play reciever ...but if he came here he would have lots of targets...and i would love! to have him...but just not for a first....

A first round pick is just as big of a chance for a bust as a guy coming off injury...some guys look like they'll be promising in the pros but just never pan out (i.e. Jamar Fletcher) I would be more than happy to get Dante for our first, because he has proven, with a big play receiver, that he can light it up. Chris Chamber is a big play receiver (pro bowler) and if by the chance we come across T.O. as well, it would be FLIP FLIP FLIP....GAME OVER!!!:spot:

srdnaty said:
hes 29 and hes a qb that runs so hes old, and he just blew out his knee. there are also other affects, like maybe he will have trouble planting his foot when passing or getting just as much strength behind the throw. or maybe he will be affraid of it happening again and it will screw with his head.

this style is going to change i'm willing to bet on that.

He came into the league as a 'Running QB' now he is a QB that can move around not a running QB at all

Of course there is a chance he isnt the same, but there is also the chance that he is the same.

Here lets put it this way

If you 100% knew he was going to be back to old form would you have a problem trading the 1st?

Daunte... Ronnie... Chambers... TO... Booker... McMikes...

I know everyone is sick of hearing all of this bs, but come on... thats a potential dynasty

I'd give up our first and only our first to get him in the draft.

Alex22 said:
If you 100% knew he was going to be back to old form would you have a problem trading the 1st?
Great question, Yes if i knew we was going to be 100% and have no ill effects unfortunatly we dont have that privlidge. the one thing than again is his age, he just turned 29 in the nfl thats not young. but qb's do tend to have longer shelf lifes as we obivisly know. so i guess i probably would.

Judging by what people go for these days(Surtain for 2nd,TO 2nd) and coming off the year and injury Daunte had, I would give up a 2nd for him. That's it...
I mean have you ever seen Daunte throw a pass besides a bomb that really impressed you? He has no touch...He has only had 2 or 3 good pro years..

No offense to Alex22 I am sure you know plenty about football, but Daunte is a big Qb 6"4 270 his knee is not just gonna heal right back in 6-8 months. He won't be the same for at least a year or two. By then he will be 31...We can't wait around that long.

tylerdolphin said:
If you have a Pro-Bowl QB, would you really trade him for a Running Back that has a bad history?
No, I wouldn't trade Duante... I didn't say I was for or against the trade. I said ricky is still a very good player, and that Duante wasn't done yet.

Back
Top Bottom