MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone

Dmarino110

Starter
Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get the people that say its for the best, and he makes too much money for being hurt so often but we just had a man come in and cut the greatest linebacker in the history of our franchise. This man gave himself fully to the Miami Dolphins for 10 years and we throw him to the curb and say you dont got to go home but you cant stay here. Its essentially the same thing that JJ wanted to do with Marino but couldn't and it sucks. I know people on the inside say its a business but I know for a fact Zach would punch Parcells if he had the chance right now and I bet a few of us would help him hold him down. Parcells better have us competing in 2 years.

me 2 but it might be for the best. i love him and no doubt he will alway be rembered as a dolphins i wish him luck in his next few years and i will always root for him.NOT FOR THE TEAM.for him.he is a dolphin at heart like all of us.it a sad day dolphins nation unite

I know I'm gonna get the people that say its for the best, and he makes too much money for being hurt so often but we just had a man come in and cut the greatest linebacker in the history of our franchise. This man gave himself fully to the Miami Dolphins for 10 years and we throw him to the curb and say you dont got to go home but you cant stay here. Its essentially the same thing that JJ wanted to do with Marino but couldn't and it sucks. I know people on the inside say its a business but I know for a fact Zach would punch Parcells if he had the chance right now and I bet a few of us would help him hold him down. Parcells better have us competing in 2 years.

I know i know

But that's all the past. What Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano were brought in for is to build this team for success in the future. To bring us back up from the depths, and the most effective way to do that in the NFL is to re-evaluate the talent on the team. Zach has served this team admirably, but he's a big question mark, and this team cant afford that big of a question mark literally his 6 million dollar salary this season is too much for a guy who your not sure can play a full season anymore.

Out with the old, in with the new.

This is a new organization, no loyalties exist. Everyone on this roster is subject to contract termination if they dont fit in with the plans of Parcells and his boys. Zach is obviously one of those who don't.

Sentimental value aside, this move is best for the team.

Don't get so emotional about it. We all know (BP included) that Zack gave everything he had for us and played his *** off. We can all agree he was/can be a great player so why not give him a chance at a Superbowl before he retires? We grow as a team without him and he has a chance to finish his career on another high note so why is it such a bad thing? It's the same thing as Sam Madison.

Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes, Nothing Remains Quite The Same. Zach doesn't get to leave on his terms, and unfortunately that's a chance we all take with any job. Fair, no, but real life, yes.

I am sad as a Zach Thomas fan...but you had to know this day was coming in some form or another sooner rather than later. Best to Zach, as he said he will always be a Dolphin. As for the future, this housecleaning probably should have happened five years ago.

Im very upset about this. In a totally selfish way I dont wanna see him on a new team, but would love him to get a ring. However, may be best for him to retire, and then join our coaching stuff in any role he darn well wants! :)

It's absolutely the best thing for Zach and the Dolphins. Why would Zach want to be part of what is clearly a rebuilding effort. If he still wants to play he'll have his pick of contenders. On the flip side why would keep a guy around that is not a part of the future and pay him the kind of money left in his contract.

This is a business if we want to get to better it is exactly what needs to be done. That money will be better served building on players who be a part of the future.

I think everyone here loves Zach. It's sad to see him go. It does no one any good to keep him around. I personally hope if he decides to come back he gets his shot at a championship. To reiterate this in best for everyone.

actually, someone close to zach told me he wanted to leave and play for another team.

but all this makes me mad also.

First of all, we need to throw the sentiment out the window and be rational. This is a rebuilding team that has no use for aging vets with large contracts. Zach has slowly declined over the years and even if he was healthy he would not be the Zach Thomas of 5 years ago. He also doesn't really fit the system that we are going to put in place, why would we keep him around if he was going to hold the team back?

Second, Zach needs to retire. With all of the concusions and post concussion syndrome that he's had to deal with, he could do some serious damage to himself with his "all out" style of play. His health is more important than football. Who knows, maybe he indicated to the FO that he is hanging them up? Maybe the team is trying to do the right thing and point him in the direction of retirement.

Zach was my favorite Miami Dolphin, but I'm putting my selfish feelings of wanting to see him out on the field aside. I hope he thinks about what his life after football will be like if he suffers another head injury.

It's all part of the business side of the NFL. Ireland and Parcells have to look at the future of the franchise and Zach obviously is NOT part of the future. He's almost 35 years old and he'll be retired before we're a Superbowl contender again anyway. No team is going to keep their players forever. That's not the way things are.

Cutting Zach was the best thing they could do if they weren't going to keep him. Now he can choose where he wants to play.

While yes, he did give his all for the team, it is time to move on. His contact was up this offseaon, and if youre rebuilding a franchise, you dont resign a 34 year old player. He will be missed, but heres to the future. Go phins!!

It was the right move, the quicker we move on the better it is for our future.

Today was difficult.

I was quite emotional when I heard that Zach was released. So much so there is a little bit inside of me that we resign.

Zach has been the heart and soul of this team. I still can't believe a guy like Zach was shown the door.

Here is to you Zach thank you for what you have done for this team, for this organization. No one will wear the uniform better than you, 54 will forever be your jersey.

Goodbye Zach....

:boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom