MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone

I remember back in 1996 when Jimmy Johnson cut Jack Del Rio in favor of a 5th round draft pick named Zach Thomas. I was in disbelief.

Then came opening day against the Patriots. I watched our new rookie MLB run sideline to sideline that day and make play after play. Once again I was in disbelief! Wow! He knocked Shawn Jefferson clean out in that game. I knew right then we were going to have a very special player. Zach gave up his body and played with reckless abandon for the Miami Dolphins. It will be really hard to find a guy like him ever again. Zach was an amazing football player. He will be sorely missed.

The reality of it all folks is that it is time to move on. This move had to be made regardless of our feelings. It is a necessary step in the rebuilding process.

I will always remember what Zach gave to the Miami Dolphins.

#54 is truly unforgettable!

:goodpost:

While its sad to see one of the greats in this sport leave our team. I think Parcells and Ireland have enough respect for the players to be reasonable. On top of that I feel that Zach is one of the brightest players in the game. I base this off 2 things. His intelligence in the game, almost always knowing where to be at the right time. Secondly, his intelligence shown while being interviewed. I feel Zach knew exactly what this team is doing this off season, and hes a bright enough guy to not take it personal. I think no fan should either.

You want a sad day....think of the day that Zack would play MLB for the Dolphins and possibly not get up after a hit...think how his family would feel....don't feel sorry for Zack...he played a kids game as a undersized MLB for 12 years and made millions...he made us happy...and the best thing that can happen now is he takes his money and enjoys it with his family. All things change...and this too shall pass.

The move makes no sense to me, we are already 40 million under cap, we can spend a alittle more then necissary to keep a team captain. I feel were about to learn a lesson the broncos learned when they cut AL Wilson.

As far as Zach slowing down, i haven't seen it. He seemed productive when he was out there this year(52 tackles, 1 sack, 2 passes defended, in only 5 games) and these last few years he's played some of his best ball(last year career high in tackles with 165, 3 sacks, 9 passes defended, 1 pick).

Personally, im heart broken, watching Zach lead our defense for the last decade plus, one of the best players to every put on a Phin's jersey, and possibly the smartest linebacker to play in the NFL. I recall in a interview years ago(right after they moved to colts to the AFC south) Peyton Manning saying that Zach Thomas was the most intellegent defender he's played against and how frustrating it was to hear 54 call out his plays before the snap.

I guess i would be less disappointed if i knew the reasoning behind it(and not just rumors) and with the knowledge that with the Patriots possibly losing 2-3 linebackers, and Billicheats love of veteran linebackers, i expect to see us playing Zach twice a year.

I know i know

But that's all the past. What Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano were brought in for is to build this team for success in the future. To bring us back up from the depths, and the most effective way to do that in the NFL is to re-evaluate the talent on the team. Zach has served this team admirably, but he's a big question mark, and this team cant afford that big of a question mark literally his 6 million dollar salary this season is too much for a guy who your not sure can play a full season anymore.

Out with the old, in with the new.

This is a new organization, no loyalties exist. Everyone on this roster is subject to contract termination if they dont fit in with the plans of Parcells and his boys. Zach is obviously one of those who don't.

Sentimental value aside, this move is best for the team.
BP should have kept zach though just out of respect to the fans ans the organization

You know, I hate the Patriots with an intense passion. I've never been so happy than when seeing the Giants beat them and ruin their run at perfection.

But oddly enough, and maybe it's because after Marino I hate to see great Dolphins go ringless, I would love to see Zach go to New England and win a ring. I respect the guy that much. I'd actually cheer for the Pats. Just as long as he doesn't turn into an a-hole like Wes "You F'n Suck!" Welker, or start to bash the Dolphin organization in the press.

On the flip side, how sad would it be to see this team actually turn into the now common miracle turnaround team and win a Super Bowl in the next three years without Zach. It would be bittersweet.

I still remember him being interviewed after Marino and the Dolphins beat Elway's defending champion Broncos on Monday Night Football back around 98'. They asked him if they were playing for Marino to get a ring. My how far we've come.

BP should have kept zach though just out of respect to the fans ans the organization

If he doesn't think Zach is going to be a piece of the rebuilding effort he shouldn't. Besides, i think Parcells knows it's only fair that Zach be given a chance to go somewhere and play for a competitive team, rather than use up his career playing for a struggling team trying to find a whole new identity. You dont win games using sentimental reasoning. Zach has been here a long time, we love him, he loves the organization, but now it's time to go in a different direction, and build for the future, and obviously he's not going to be a part of that.

This man gave himself fully to the Miami Dolphins for 10 years and we throw him to the curb

You're wrong about this part.

He gave himself fully to the game he loved and he made alot of money doing it.

He wasn't playing for a hometown discount. He got paid millions to do what he did and if the dolphins had lowballed him with a contract offer after his rookie contract was over he would have walked and gone to another team.

There's no loyalty in this game, from the players or from management. It's a business, simple as that.

I know I'm gonna get the people that say its for the best, and he makes too much money for being hurt so often but we just had a man come in and cut the greatest linebacker in the history of our franchise. This man gave himself fully to the Miami Dolphins for 10 years and we throw him to the curb and say you dont got to go home but you cant stay here. Its essentially the same thing that JJ wanted to do with Marino but couldn't and it sucks. I know people on the inside say its a business but I know for a fact Zach would punch Parcells if he had the chance right now and I bet a few of us would help him hold him down. Parcells better have us competing in 2 years.

dude... i am definitely gonna miss zach a lot... but i am pretty sure Parcells did not throw him to the curb. Parcells talked with him often and they discussed... Parcells is not a bad guy in the NFL, and neither is Zach... it is a business too, and Zach was released with honor if you allow it to be that way...... plus it is a chance for him to go to a contender and ring before he needs to retire.....

and to add, it is the best for the team... sadly i will miss him once again. he is jsut worth too much money wise, aged with concussion woes right now... many question marks.

I'm heartbroken, but mostly disgusted... disgusted with the franchise for making the move and disgusted with the fan base for supporting it (if some of you all take that personal, so be it). This is a dark day in Dolphins history IMO.

i talked to zach the week before parcells came in.. zach wasnt too enthusiastic about coming back... i dont think he WANTS to be here anymore

As a Dolphins fan for 35 years, I would appreciated a better exit than this for Zach Thomas. BP and the organization did'nt handle this well and on Valentine's Day! GEEZ!

Back
Top Bottom