MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone

its part of the business and honestly, Zach Thomas should probably be looking at his health more than playing football. concussions and migraines from the car accident = something to not take too lightly.

I couldn't have been happier. I am loving the attitude of this new regime. Out with the old and in with the new.

I am really excited that these guys aren't attached to some silly nostalgia of "glory" (not much really) days gone by.

I think it was the right thing to do on both parts. One, we are rebuilding and his $ is very high for us. We didn't try to trade him for anything. We released him, giving him an opportunity to get with a contender since he doesn't have that many years. The wrong thing would be to keep him here without a chance for a ring.

The guy is to hurt to play.Concusions are not something you "play" with.If he was healthy we'd all be pissed, well most.......but he's not healthy.Most of us saw this comming so how did you not???

Anyone who truely is a Dolphins fan was hurt by this move. He was the heart and soul of this team along with Jason Taylor after Marino retired. What everyone needs to realize is that it is time to move on. Zach would not have been on the team when we start winning again anyway! Let him go out and find a team who is close to winning it all (except for the patriots!!). In my heart I will always root from him! Zach thanks for all the good memories! You truely where one of the best ever to wear a Dolphin uniform!

I am pretty upset about this too as Zach is my favorite player with JT a close 2nd, but I think if you asked Zach what he thinks about it, he would understand and know that Parcells had no choice. We have to make the team better, and the only way you do this is by cutting salary and bringing in some younger guys. We all would have loved seeing Zach and JT getting a ring here, but that is never going to happen. It is not Parcells fault....it is the fault of past coaches and GM who ruined the team. We have to rebuild through the draft and free agency. Remember the team has to come first over any player....no matter how much it sucks.

Ok guy.he didn't get cut just for the hell of it....everyone looves Zach and Bill and Jeff and Sparano knows what he has done in the past....but he doesn't fit in with what they're going to do and he can now go to a team that could win a ring....is gonna take a couple of years for us to make the palyoffs and Zach doesn't have that kind of time....every player must go at some point....don't take it so personal.Good luck Zach and thanks for the memories.

Ozzy rules!!

Another Valentines Massacure

i cant stand it anymore what this team has done to its players the last several years.where is the loyalty anymore.it started when dan marino was run out of town then we went threw our one year revolving door at qb with drunkenmiller,greise, feely, green then we pee all over daunte what is wrong with this team and the way they have been treating their players.this valentines day was the latest massacure in the dolphin family(zach i am sorry we did this without the ky jelly) when will it stop .please we have to b a team of respect a BAND OF BROTHERS from the bottom to the top of the org. including the owner.why on eart would any player want to sign as a free agent the way we treat our players:shakeno::(:shakeno:

thank you mdolp1 you nailed it on the head
i was sad i am not going to lie, zach is a HOF in my opinion and i will miss him, but i think it has to happen and i am glad they got it out of the way early so we can move on

i just hope zach thinks about his health first and football last

First of all, we need to throw the sentiment out the window and be rational. This is a rebuilding team that has no use for aging vets with large contracts. Zach has slowly declined over the years and even if he was healthy he would not be the Zach Thomas of 5 years ago. He also doesn't really fit the system that we are going to put in place, why would we keep him around if he was going to hold the team back?

Second, Zach needs to retire. With all of the concusions and post concussion syndrome that he's had to deal with, he could do some serious damage to himself with his "all out" style of play. His health is more important than football. Who knows, maybe he indicated to the FO that he is hanging them up? Maybe the team is trying to do the right thing and point him in the direction of retirement.

Zach was my favorite Miami Dolphin, but I'm putting my selfish feelings of wanting to see him out on the field aside. I hope he thinks about what his life after football will be like if he suffers another head injury.
EXACTLY L2G, Its time for the PHINS to move on. Yes its unfortunate but I want to win and if we're going to this is what has to happen. :fh:

I remember back in 1996 when Jimmy Johnson cut Jack Del Rio in favor of a 5th round draft pick named Zach Thomas. I was in disbelief.

Then came opening day against the Patriots. I watched our new rookie MLB run sideline to sideline that day and make play after play. Once again I was in disbelief! Wow! He knocked Shawn Jefferson clean out in that game. I knew right then we were going to have a very special player. Zach gave up his body and played with reckless abandon for the Miami Dolphins. It will be really hard to find a guy like him ever again. Zach was an amazing football player. He will be sorely missed.

The reality of it all folks is that it is time to move on. This move had to be made regardless of our feelings. It is a necessary step in the rebuilding process.

I will always remember what Zach gave to the Miami Dolphins.

#54 is truly unforgettable!

you can be sentimental about this and rational at the same time
it is sad to see him go he is one of the greatest players in NFL history and one of the best players in dolphin history

at the same time we knew it was coming, the dolphins need to tear it down to build it up
it still a sad day for dolphin fans

I know I'm gonna get the people that say its for the best, and he makes too much money for being hurt so often but we just had a man come in and cut the greatest linebacker in the history of our franchise. This man gave himself fully to the Miami Dolphins for 10 years and we throw him to the curb and say you dont got to go home but you cant stay here. Its essentially the same thing that JJ wanted to do with Marino but couldn't and it sucks. I know people on the inside say its a business but I know for a fact Zach would punch Parcells if he had the chance right now and I bet a few of us would help him hold him down. Parcells better have us competing in 2 years.

you sure about that:

Zach Thomas said:
I have a tremendous appreciation and admiration not only for the Dolphins organization, but for the fans as well, for all of the support that they have given me. I can’t thank Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland and the rest of Dolphins management enough for handling this situation in a first-class manner. I am healthy and look forward to playing in 2008, but will always consider myself a Miami Dolphin."

Zach has been first class his whole career and he's handling this the same way. He realizes that this is a business first and isn't letting his emotions get the better of him like many fans are.

Back
Top Bottom