MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone

My feelings on this are mixed at best....

Everyone seems to think we are good at RB, but Ricky is a big ?, ronnie is a big ?, Chatman might not be back, etc. etc.

We don't have Green, Lemons not coming back, Ginn is another ?

we have some big time issues at WR and O-Line

blah blah blah...does anyone see where I'm going with this?

We have 40 MILLION DOLLARS of cap money, Zach has 1 year left on his contract. Whats the point? We are gonna have to do so much rebulding anyway would it have killed Tuna and co. to let him hang around another season, and then just not renew? Its not like more cuts aren't coming anyway, so I'm sure we'll be even better off with cap money before the free angency/draft. Zach could have even played as a backup...I understand this is all a business, but they already ditched Keith Traylor this week, and there is something to be said for seasoned players case in point: the patriots.

I understand the money issue, I understand Zach's health is in question. There is so much we could have used him for, even if it was just to groom a replacement. You think when BB hired Junior Seau he thought he was getting 10 seasons out of him? At some point respect for the fans has to come in to play too. When they talk about restoring this franchise to greatness and making it respectable again for the fans, that doesn't mean that we have to abandon tradition, or the few things that have worked for us over the past decade. The old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comes in to play sometimes, and I think everyone will see that Zach wasn't broken next season, when he runs all over our offense for someone elses team. I really am heartbroken over this descion.

BP cut Emmit Smith when he started in Dallas. I don't know about you guys but I don't think "ARIZONA CARDINALS!!!" when I think Emmit. It's a football move, I love Zach and he's always been my favorite player, he's even my avatar. He's a Phin for life even if he plays for the Patriots tomorrow and gets his ring. He'll sign that one day contract if he plays for someone else to retire a Dolphin, book it.

My feelings on this are mixed at best....

Everyone seems to think we are good at RB, but Ricky is a big ?, ronnie is a big ?, Chatman might not be back, etc. etc.

We don't have Green, Lemons not coming back, Ginn is another ?

we have some big time issues at WR and O-Line

blah blah blah...does anyone see where I'm going with this?

We have 40 MILLION DOLLARS of cap money, Zach has 1 year left on his contract. Whats the point? We are gonna have to do so much rebulding anyway would it have killed Tuna and co. to let him hang around another season, and then just not renew? Its not like more cuts aren't coming anyway, so I'm sure we'll be even better off with cap money before the free angency/draft. Zach could have even played as a backup...I understand this is all a business, but they already ditched Keith Traylor this week, and there is something to be said for seasoned players case in point: the patriots.

I understand the money issue, I understand Zach's health is in question. There is so much we could have used him for, even if it was just to groom a replacement. You think when BB hired Junior Seau he thought he was getting 10 seasons out of him? At some point respect for the fans has to come in to play too. When they talk about restoring this franchise to greatness and making it respectable again for the fans, that doesn't mean that we have to abandon tradition, or the few things that have worked for us over the past decade. The old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comes in to play sometimes, and I think everyone will see that Zach wasn't broken next season, when he runs all over our offense for someone elses team. I really am heartbroken over this descion.

it is sad for me too.... but......

"if it aint broke dont fix it"..... Thomas was pretty broke, and concussions (the head) is a tough thing to mess with. he is worth too much... you know the rest.

it is a rebuilding year, be ready for that. he was released to save money for FA and draft, he was released since he doesnt have much longevity and we can use the spot for someone who may start and/or develop for our future. Cause, we are rebuilding, not just for a year or two... but hopefully for a long long time of goodness.

Mind you that this wasn't jsut getting rid of Zach.... Parcells and company, and Taylor, sat and talked a lot with Zach about options and possabilities. it was in respect, and honor that he was released... it didn't just happen out of the blue. I will miss him though... but it was a move that did need to be made.

absolutely shattered he is gone, man we better be good when parcells is done. I hope he goes whichever team will be winning the superbowl before he is done, something that we could not achieve. gonna miss you playing for us zach, my favourite fin ever!

It's hard news. I feel the exact same things. Time will probably make it feel better but for right now i'm pissed off. It's for the best? Yeah, whatever. There is always a segment of the fanbase who will always defend the moves of the organization no matter who is in charge.

Push out Shula? Thanks for all those wins, but get out so we can have some real success.

Dump Marino? He's done. He's just taking snaps away from the development of Huard and Fiedler.

Surtain and Madison? So what if they were the best corner tandem in the league. Let's invest in Reggie Howard instead.

Welker? Well yeah he outplayed everyone else on the team, but NE threw in a 7th rounder too!

I'm just annoyed. If he wanted to go; fine, but if he wanted to stay he should be rewarded for wanting to stick by this trainwreck franchise. We have a ridiculous amount of cap space. Probably more than we could fill without wildly overspending. No one deserves getting paid more than Zach. It's not like we're overflowing with young linebacker talent. Why would this management ever bring him in as a coach since they just cut him so needlessly? Oh well. I feel sick but winning makes everything feel better.

PS. I'll throw up if I ever see him in a Patsies jersey

don't like the move at all. cannot believe they CUT a player like zach. if he is gonna retire, let him. don't cut him. one year left on his contract, i mean, seriously? it's not like we're gonna need his leadership next year when we are grooming the linebackers that we will undoubtedly draft. don't get it at all, even from a business standpoint. fuggin pissed.

the man is 35 and didn't play last year because of consistent migraines after concussions and a car accident.

Stupid move but hey im getting used tothe dolpins making these moves.He will have no problem getting a job good luck zack .

Why let Zach Go?????

Is it because Zach Thomas is a main stay in Miami who all the fans love and who has produced every year since being drafted?

I think Parcells and his goonies want to make this their own regime and cut off most if not all ties to the past for Miami.

I just would love to see who the hell they get to replace ZT. Good luck finding a middle linebacker as good as him.

Is it because Zach Thomas is a main stay in Miami who all the fans love and who has produced every year since being drafted?

I think Parcells and his goonies want to make this their own regime and cut off most if not all ties to the past for Miami.

I just would love to see who the hell they get to replace ZT. Good luck finding a middle linebacker as good as him.

Because he's 35 years old, coming off a season ending injury, he's set to make almost 6 million dollars this year, he doesn't fit well into the personnel profile that Bill Parcells likes to carry on his team that being the big emposing physical linebackers.

We all love Zach, we all wish Zach could stay, we all will miss Zach, but i think people need to start realizing that this is a new era a new team and basically a new organization, trying to rebuilding, trying to sever ties from the past in favor of new younger players who fit better in new schemes under new coaches.

Because he's 35 years old, coming off a season ending injury, he's set to make almost 6 million dollars this year, he doesn't fit well into the personnel profile that Bill Parcells likes to carry on his team that being the big emposing physical linebackers.

We all love Zach, we all wish Zach could stay, we all will miss Zach, but i think people need to start realizing that this is a new era a new team and basically a new organization, trying to rebuilding, trying to sever ties from the past in favor of new younger players who fit better in new schemes under new coaches.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I agree that Parcells wants to make this their own regime and they should. I don't not agree with you about cutting off ties to the past for Miami.

One of the biggest critiques of Jimmy Johnson was that he didn't make the Dolphins his team when he arrived. Not only with keeping the iconic Dan Marino at quarterback but keeping Gary Stevens at offensive coordinator and using an offensive system he was not comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom