MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I'm pissed, upset, heartbroken that Zach is gone

I know I'm gonna get the people that say its for the best, and he makes too much money for being hurt so often but we just had a man come in and cut the greatest linebacker in the history of our franchise. This man gave himself fully to the Miami Dolphins for 10 years and we throw him to the curb and say you dont got to go home but you cant stay here. Its essentially the same thing that JJ wanted to do with Marino but couldn't and it sucks. I know people on the inside say its a business but I know for a fact Zach would punch Parcells if he had the chance right now and I bet a few of us would help him hold him down. Parcells better have us competing in 2 years.

I'm only upset that Zach didn't retire, not that he is no longer with us. Due to his concussions, it's crazy that he'd put his body thru more. Due to his age, injury history (in particular the concussions) and salary, the FO had no choice but to release him, hoping he'd retire...I know that Ireland and Tuna probably don't feel the same way most of us do about him giving up the game due to the concussions, but I'd like to think they did...

Zach...please...so that you can keep the faculties you still have...ride off into the sunset...

I remember back in 1996 when Jimmy Johnson cut Jack Del Rio in favor of a 5th round draft pick named Zach Thomas. I was in disbelief.

Then came opening day against the Patriots. I watched our new rookie MLB run sideline to sideline that day and make play after play. Once again I was in disbelief! Wow! He knocked Shawn Jefferson clean out in that game. I knew right then we were going to have a very special player. Zach gave up his body and played with reckless abandon for the Miami Dolphins. It will be really hard to find a guy like him ever again. Zach was an amazing football player. He will be sorely missed.

The reality of it all folks is that it is time to move on. This move had to be made regardless of our feelings. It is a necessary step in the rebuilding process.

I will always remember what Zach gave to the Miami Dolphins.

#54 is truly unforgettable!

Right there with ya fang. Remember The Bus getting knocked on his *** in Miami. Fins 20 Steelers 3 Just like yesterday.

I know i know

But that's all the past. What Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano were brought in for is to build this team for success in the future. To bring us back up from the depths, and the most effective way to do that in the NFL is to re-evaluate the talent on the team. Zach has served this team admirably, but he's a big question mark, and this team cant afford that big of a question mark literally his 6 million dollar salary this season is too much for a guy who your not sure can play a full season anymore.

Out with the old, in with the new.

This is a new organization, no loyalties exist. Everyone on this roster is subject to contract termination if they dont fit in with the plans of Parcells and his boys. Zach is obviously one of those who don't.

Sentimental value aside, this move is best for the team.

thank you for writing this...I feel the exact same way!!! He will always be a legend in my heart b/c he didn't have the size or strength according to experts; but his heart was like none I've ever been able to see...that being said, maybe he can bring some leadership to another team if given the chance...and as i'm sad to see him go; i'm excited about the future of this franchise!!!

I am angry and upset, I have always remembered the fins with that short stocky always bleeding tiger that is zach thomas. RIP miss ya buddy

Nobody likes the fact that he's gone, but it's for the best. We need to cut out some of the age on the defense, and unfortunately, Thomas became a product of the overhaul. I'm just glad that I got his jersey before he left. He'll be a Dolphin forever in my eyes.

Later on, Zach. We're gonna miss you, buddy.

The absolute only thing that makes this ok in my mind is in Zach's Statment he said He will always be dolphin and all he wants to do now is play for a team that is ready to win a championship. I absolutly hate to see him go I dont feel he lost any edge mostly two years ago he led the team in tackles. a team that was in the playoff hunt mostly because of its Defense. I thank ZT for his Time and wish him all the luck in the world.

I feel like the Heart of the team has been ripped out. The MLB position is a very hard position to succeed in. You have to be smarter than you have to have talent. Zach was a one of the best at the position. He was a true student of the game and thats what made him so great. He was in on almost every single tackle, his soul belonged to the team and their success. I doubt the dolphins will every see a player like Zach Thomas for a long time. :(

When Welker was traded I had solice in the fact that the Zach attack and Chambers were still here...then Chambers was traded (once again by a coach that is no longer here)....and now the heart and mine is gone. It's going to be really tough to find a player to attach myself to now and during the rebuilding process. I hope Ronnie comes back from the knee and leads the league next year and I just hope that Zach stays a Dolphin forever (retires) and doesn't go to New England or somewhere else!

Back
Top Bottom