Merged: J Russell is impressing so far | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: J Russell is impressing so far

[SIZE=-1]I like Jeff Samardzija. He looks like a good size reciever who may be around in round 2. Does anybody think he would be around later?
[/SIZE]

is it me or is Russell playing good so far? shows patience, leads the WR to the ball (throws in stride) and runs well. so far, he looks pretty damn sexy haha

he does look good..I dont think he is coming into the NFL though.......

he does look good..I dont think he is coming into the NFL though.......

He's a top five pick and he hasn't even declared yet. He's even out playing his competition for the first pick in the draft right now. He'll declare. He just threw a 50 yarder off one foot.

:sidelol: Jeff Rowe or Zabransky? You could probably still get John Dutton from the Arena League. You know who that is?

Yes I do. JD plays for the Colorado Crush.

Turnabout being fair play; 1) Did you watch the Fiesta Bowl? 2)Have you seen UNR play? 3) I thought (for laughs) I'd try being a regional homer... like some members. There is more (much more) to college football than just Tallahassee & Coral Gables... thank heavens

I still laugh that some people thought JMarc was a second round pick

BTW, Duante's hands are too small to make the throws that Jmarc can make on the run

Wow, he might have the strongest arm I've ever seen!
I just threw the ball 50 yards without even stepping into his throw!!:eek:

Its a nice tight spiral as well. He has all the physical gifts, but can he read complex NFL defenses?

JaMarcus is moving on up..............Moving on up to the first pick. With a stellar game tonight, and a solid showing in his individual workouts he will be AL Davis's easy decision #1. Davis loves big stars, and thats what Russel is turning into.

JaMarcus is moving on up..............Moving on up to the first pick. With a stellar game tonight, and a solid showing in his individual workouts he will be AL Davis's easy decision #1. Davis loves big stars, and thats what Russel is turning into.

He's proving himself as we speak head to head against Quinn in a Weis offense. I'm convinced.

Does anyone think with Brady Quinn struggling against this LSU defense which is as close to an NFL D as you see in college fball that his stock could drop, and detoit go after Joe Thomas?

but can he read complex NFL defenses?

who knows but if you can roll right and throw left to any part of the field, it matters alot less

other running QB's are limited to half-field reads, this dude can pick any receiver he wants

there goes another good QB :(

He was already gone before the 9th pick anyway so don't feel too bad. I think Quinn will drop though. To be honest, I'm not so sold on Quinn. I am sold on [SIZE=-1]Jeff Samardzija[/SIZE] though.

If he declares he will be the first pick by Oakland because he looks far better then Quinn right now.

I disagree. LSU has more team speed and his receivers are more open. Quinn has thrown 2 TD passes so far and in both instances his receivers were blanketed.
LSU's defense is also much faster than ND's and they are blitzing more.
They both have looked pretty good.

He was already gone before the 9th pick anyway so don't feel too bad. I think Quinn will drop though. To be honest, I'm not so sold on Quinn. I am sold on [SIZE=-1]Jeff Samardzija[/SIZE] though.

Not sold on Quinn? Hmmm, I guess that makes you better informed than 99% of the GM's in the league. He has a nice touch on his throws.
Samardzjia has been covered pretty well. He's made a few nic catches.

Not sold on Quinn? Hmmm, I guess that makes you better informed than 99% of the GM's in the league. He has a nice touch on his throws.
Samardzjia has been covered pretty well. He's made a few nic catches.

You have a good point. He's by far the favorite for the first pick in the draft and the experts do know more than I do.

What round do you think Samardzjia will be drafted in?

Back
Top Bottom