Merged: J Russell is impressing so far | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: J Russell is impressing so far

Russell just had his first bad play of the night, he threw an interception in the endzone.

If Russell and Brohm declare that would leave 4 potential first round quarterbacks(Russell, Brohm, Quinn and Smith)and one of them will be left when the Fins pick. I think it is likely that Smith and/or Quinn will fall to us and if that were to happen who would you like the Fins to take?

He wont fall to #9, Saban did recruit him, but what use is for that anymore? Actually if we do get Cameron, he doesnt fit his QB mold.
I was thinking that to. Brohm does though. Although i doubt Cameron would have a problem adjusting.

I've been saying all along that Russell will be the #1 qb in this draft.

Even though this is my first post i have been using finheaven as my main dolphin source for about a year now and this site is awesome....i gotta say this though in my first post. GET BRIAN BROHM....yes i kno theres the feeling he wont come out (i pray he does) but im telling you if this kid comes out we should trade up within reason to grab him. If the draft falls the way it has the past few yrs (which im sure it wont since we pick in top ten) and a qb of russel, quinn, or brohm's caliber fall to us we have to take them and cant depend on cpeps knee (which i think if healthy hes the answer) at worst pep comes back unreal and we have a sand diego brees/rivers dilemma...and also if cowher stays and we dont get cameron whisehunt would be and should be our number one target...i jsut wanted to get Brohm's name circulating more...even tho he hasnt even declared haha

Even though this is my first post i have been using finheaven as my main dolphin source for about a year now and this site is awesome....i gotta say this though in my first post. GET BRIAN BROHM....yes i kno theres the feeling he wont come out (i pray he does) but im telling you if this kid comes out we should trade up within reason to grab him. If the draft falls the way it has the past few yrs (which im sure it wont since we pick in top ten) and a qb of russel, quinn, or brohm's caliber fall to us we have to take them and cant depend on cpeps knee (which i think if healthy hes the answer) at worst pep comes back unreal and we have a sand diego brees/rivers dilemma...and also if cowher stays and we dont get cameron whisehunt would be and should be our number one target...i jsut wanted to get Brohm's name circulating more...even tho he hasnt even declared haha

it'd be awesome. But your right, everyone of them will got before our pick cause that's our luck.

I don't understand why brohm is so high on some peoples list. He certainly didn't give me any sense of a wow factor in the bowl game against wake forest and his 15td's and 6 int season this year is really nothing to jump and down about.

So far tonight watching jmarc, aside of one bonhead throw late in the third quarter or early in the fourth (int in endzone), he has been awfully good looking. At this point there is no way he falls to us at nine.

I was hoping we could get a big name WR in FA since Calvin Johnson will also be gone when we pick. that way we could maybe snag one of the better QB's. At this point it looks like we may just have to go Oline or OLB.
Another stud OLB and we got one of the best if not the best LB group in the league.

It should be interesting.

all russel did was expose a weak secondary..its not like he zipped it in there to tightly covered WR's..he lobbed it up to wide open guys

OK...that's it. Send Al Davis Ricky Williams and Randy McMichael for the first pick overall. :goof:

Oh, why not...Tell him we'll throw in Mularkey. :D

I no longer think that Russell will be converted to tight end in the pros

because Russel is so freakish, he'll impress at the combine. He'll go very high I think, perhaps even higher than Quinn. That said, I doubt either one of them fall to the 9 spot

If Brohm declares he will be the 3rd QB drafted. Smith will go 4th, and be a late first (Chicago or Bal) or early second. If Detroit decided to go with Joe Thomas which would be the smart move, and then take Troy Smith in the second would be an awsome draft for the Lions.

If Brohm declares he will be the 3rd QB drafted. Smith will go 4th, and be a late first (Chicago or Bal) or early second. If Detroit decided to go with Joe Thomas which would be the smart move, and then take Troy Smith in the second would be an awsome draft for the Lions.

If Brohm declares, Troy will still not fall to the 2nd rd. Unless he's 5'11.

Back
Top Bottom