Merged: J Russell is impressing so far | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: J Russell is impressing so far

I definately think Quinn will be a good NFL QB, but Russel will be a stud. Drafting #1 overall you know you are not going to win immdiately. It will take a few yrs, and Russel can br brought into Oakland, and mature into the NFL Stud he will be. Quinn is the most NFL ready QB, and will be a solid NFL QB, but possibly drop a little like Linehart did last yr. If the Dolphins drafted either guy i wold be happy. I see Russel going first, and Quinn dpending on his workouts to follow, and be the second QB selected.

I definately think Quinn will be a good NFL QB, but Russel will be a stud. Drafting #1 overall you know you are not going to win immdiately. It will take a few yrs, and Russel can br brought into Oakland, and mature into the NFL Stud he will be. Quinn is the most NFL ready QB, and will be a solid NFL QB, but possibly drop a little like Linehart did last yr. If the Dolphins drafted either guy i wold be happy. I see Russel going first, and Quinn dpending on his workouts to follow, and be the second QB selected.

If Brohm declares, where do you think this leaves him?

I think Quinn still goes off the board as the second overall QB. Brohm would have to have a HUGE personal workout, and Quinn would have to do something to hurt his standing. If Quinn does drop past detroit. Cleveland or Tampa would swoop him up, and then Brohm would be selected by us or fall to the lower half of round one where KC, Chicago, or Baltimore would grab him, but if Troy Smith has a huge game, and strong workout Brohm would probly return to school next yr if he knew he wouldnt go in the first round.

Yeah one of the four Quinn, Russell, Brohm or Smith will be available when we pick. With our coaching shake up a QB could actually become a possibility. Also, statisically among the top DT, DE, LB or CB in the draft at least one of them will be available when we pick. So, will it be offense or defense? I'm struggling with the decision.

Russell has howister for an arm. Bradshaw says Russell can throw it 85 yards? "Buckethead" Long said he can throw it 60 yards from his knees and 40 yards from his butt? What a gun.

the man thows the ball 85 yards daily in practice. May be the most physically gifted QB in yrs.

I have been VERY hesitant about Russell in the past. However this game is turning me into a believer. That last TD was VERY impressive. Showed good game awareness, his toughness and size, his ability to make a play under pressure, and not to mess it up.
I am still holding all judgements till Smith plays in the BC Champ game, but at this point im starting not to mind the thought of Russell on the team.

Russell

Does anyone think it is possible if he comes out that he could fall to us at # 9? This guys is on point!!!

Did Saban recruit him to LSU???

I think Saban recruited him but after this game there is no way he falls to #9 it seems more likely that Quinn has a better chance falling to us as of right now.

Does anyone think it is possible if he comes out that he could fall to us at # 9? This guys is on point!!!

Did Saban recruit him to LSU???

He wont fall to #9, Saban did recruit him, but what use is for that anymore? Actually if we do get Cameron, he doesnt fit his QB mold.

the man thows the ball 85 yards daily in practice. May be the most physically gifted QB in yrs.

Damn I love watching him throw it.....he is very accurate and has more of a cannon than Michael Vick and is much bigger than the midget Falcon QB. I also like his maneuvarability....he ran one in, and he can shrug off a lot of tackles and easily look over any defensive lineman's head. You don't see many of Russell's throws getting batted down. If he declares and is around at the #9 spot he might be worth a shot. Quinn has looked so so in comparison.

OHHHH ooops, just threw a bad INT. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom