Merged: Jay Cutler II | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jay Cutler II

dabadguy5937 said:
cold pizza just had the topic that Cutler might be the number 1 picked QB they say its unlikely but they said that he is catchin a lot of press. Skip Bayless said that he'll probably be the second QB chosen, and Woody said he'll probably end up goin to the JETS! WTF! if they get him ill be pissed but it looks like we can finally say that there will be no jay culter in miami

I'm tired of having to move your threads, and you're not going to go on ignoring me. Contact admins@finheaven.com if you have any questions.

I think its less Matt falling and more insane man-loving for Cutler by the Media. He could go in the top 4 now....lol

VanDolPhan said:
Does all this talk not remind people of the Ben/Philip/Eli debate?

Before the college season ended Ben was the #1 QB. Then all the external bullcrap came in and Eli/Philip moved ahead and Ben dropped to #12. Hell Philip was initially talked about as a 2nd rounder when the season ended (sound familiar?).

Honestly I'm hoping this happens again. Matt falling to 10 or lower would be great for the phins and I hope they would jump all over it as it's clear who the best QB was.

Lesson learned. Take the college years and use that exclusively. Don't let the combine and all the external crap influence the decisions at QB so much.

You can look at last year as well.
Aaron Rogers would NEVER make it out of the top 10!

There is potential for us to get a good prospect in the 1st.
All this talk of them guaranteed to be gone is silly.

If not we'll look to pick one up in the later rounds of day 1.

Wrathman said:
I think its less Matt falling and more insane man-loving for Cutler by the Media. He could go in the top 4 now....lol

Same deal with Rivers. Now all I'm waiting for is the Combine and Matt to have a slightly bad day and Young to just have a really good day and we get the Young/Matt swap just from the combine stupidness.

edit: wtf with the idiotic merge? Nice to know the mods have no clue what they are doing still.

Saban takes a prospect to dinner!

I had to wait a few minutes for Cutler to do a segment for Nashville TV, then chatted with him about his college career and NFL prospects. He told me he had been to dinner with the Dolphins Wednesday night and had a great meeting with Nick Saban, Mike Mularkey and the offensive staff. I know the Dolphins are VERY interested in Cutler, but at No. 16, it’s unlikely that he will still be there when Miami picks in the first round. Did he impress them enough to trade up for him? We’ll have to wait and see.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PF...2005/blog06.htm

In an apparent philosophical shift, the Jets are seriously considering drafting Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler in the first round of the April draft should they trade down from the fourth pick overall, according to someone with knowledge of the team's thinking.
With the hiring of new coach Eric Mangini, the Jets now seem willing to select a quarterback in the first round and groom him for the long term. Under former coach Herman Edwards, the Jets were believed to be planning to address other needs with their first-round pick and sign a veteran quarterback to compete with Chad Pennington in training camp.

Pennington, 29, had his second rotator cuff surgery in an eight-month span last October and his career is in jeopardy.

It is almost a waste of time unless we trade up way up giving away next years first atleast.

FinFrenzy said:
It is almost a waste of time unless we trade up way up giving away next years first atleast.

We could trade up with the Raiders or 49ers without giving up a first. We could probably do it with a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year.

Jay Cutler

If No Trades Are Made And The Order Stays The Way It Is Where Does Jay Cutler End Up???

anywhere From the Jet(4th pick) to Az(10th pick)
it seem but man I have watch and seen this a number of times

How team and the media over hype a guy
just to see that player go lower then predicted.

the more and more i read the more and more i want this guy in aqua and green....this could be a stud in the league....the next manning

some ppl say he's the best this yr and this yr's qb draft is strong

you could be Right

Last year Alex Smith came out of nowhere
while the Green Bay rookie QB fell to the 24 pick in the 1st round!

John Clayton Reports Jets Interested in Cutler:

Clayton just reported the Jets are very interested in Cutler, although not at the 4th spot. They would like to trade down and get a spot in front of Miami and take Cutler. Said they are trying to hedge their bet that Pennington can stay healthy. I would hate to see this happen although I think the Jets would be ******ed for such a move. They could use a Deangelo Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson way more than they could use another hole in their heads, (i.e. Cutler)

This is the time for draft smoke screens and this is what this probably is...a smoke screen and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom