MERGED: Jeff Ireland interview, "killed it". | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jeff Ireland interview, "killed it".

hooserdaddy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I've noticed this in a few interviews but this one more than any is where he seems to be loosening up. I've heard this before on here but I really think the first few years he was trying to be like Parcells and now he's allowing his own personality to come out in interviews. I think he feels real good about this draft, at one point he say's "we killed it" referring to the draft picks. listen for yourself http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/...-Ireland/5b5308cb-1775-4b7c-8215-8bf9fb326b87

I think you are right. Maybe he's feeling comfortable in his own skin now, instead of trying to emulate Parcells' demeanor. He's a likeable guy, actually, which is not a bad thing.

I think you are right. Maybe he's feeling comfortable in his own skin now, instead of trying to emulate Parcells' demeanor. He's a likeable guy, actually, which is not a bad thing.

2vw5id3-1.jpg

how could ireland ever be at ease with 350 pounds of tuna hanging over him every second of the day?

I listened to his interview on Mike and Mike in the Morning earlier this week and i felt he sounded more at ease. Then again, a good draft will do that to any GM...

I think Ireland realizes that the approach of his mentor no longer works in today's NFL. He was smart to embrace Stephen Ross' new wide open philosphy. Bill and Tony refused to do that.

It wouldn't matter if I agreed or not. I'm not softening my stance by saying anything nice about the guy.

Got to go with the percentages. Anyone who knocks the Dolphins in this era has had a great run of success. When I was a kid the trend was otherwise so I slanted that way. Prior to the Vikings Super Bowl I insisted we'd rush for 250 yards. It almost felt like a loss when we didn't manage that, after screwing around in the second half.

3 more years, especially if Philbin's offense really takes off.

Back
Top Bottom